Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

About driving up an incline, I wonder if the victim mentioned how long the drive on the incline was and if she was still able to hear road noises as they would sound if still on a road or driving up inside of something.

I'm confused about the incline, though, because didn't it come out that the December victim was actually attacked in her apartment parking lot and never actually went very far?

Not sure which is correct then...LillyRush. The report of the incline was from the initial report take by LE so I don't know why it would change.

I'm confused about the incline, though, because didn't it come out that the December victim was actually attacked in her apartment parking lot and never actually went very far?
I remember this being stated on the Nightline episode.

I think that's where I heard it, the Dateline (or whichever) program, on You Tube.

In this video Lt. Robert McDonald says the Dec. victim was taken on a "3 to 4 minute drive, uphill, slow speed, not highway speed, making lots of turns indicating to us that she was somewhere in the vicinity of where she was ultimately assaulted."

He also said something I wasn’t aware of. The Dec. victim came home and actually made it into her apartment. She went back out to her car to get something she had forgotten and it was at that point she was abducted. He got a second chance at her. :mad:

It is the video entitled Assaults and murder linked by DNA (link not working for me...can be found at link below, on right about halfway down page)

Other videos also at:

MSNBC- Reno police search for serial rapist and killer.

In this video Lt. Robert McDonald says the Dec. victim was taken on a "3 to 4 minute drive, uphill, slow speed, not highway speed, making lots of turns indicating to us that she was somewhere in the vicinity of where she was ultimately assaulted."

He also said something I wasn’t aware of. The Dec. victim came home and actually made it into her apartment. She went back out to her car to get something she had forgotten and it was at that point she was abducted. He got a second chance at her. :mad:

It is the video entitled Assaults and murder linked by DNA (link not working for me...can be found at link below, on right about halfway down page)

Other videos also at:

MSNBC- Reno police search for serial rapist and killer.
Thanks so much ~ this is very interesting! Now, about the "3-4 minute drive, uphill" when I look at the satellite map of the area it looks like there are hills nearby where she was abducted, like north & west of the university, and it looks isolated, open without buildings. Could this be where she was taken?

Softsoul, Yes, it was the Dateline episode that is linked on the MSNBC webpage that I watched a month ago or something. I think there was also another media source on you tube where I heard the part about her being in the parking lot, but maybe they were getting that confused with the possibly unrelated attack back in November.

I don't know what to think about the fact that he didn't go that far. Either he wasn't familiar with the area and figured no one would recognize his car, so he just didn't even try to go that far. Or, he is known to be in the area and felt like no one would think his truck out of the place there. I guess it could go either way. It makes me wonder how far he took Brianna. She could have been not that far away from that house for hrs or days.

Thanks so much ~ this is very interesting! Now, about the "3-4 minute drive, uphill" when I look at the satellite map of the area it looks like there are hills nearby where she was abducted, like north & west of the university, and it looks isolated, open without buildings. Could this be where she was taken?

I know nothing about the area so I'm not sure how far he could have driven in that time considering possible traffic lights, one way streets, etc. You'd have to think there wasn't a lot of traffic that time of night. It's hard to tell if the turns happened after stops, such as a stop sign, or if he was on a winding road. He obviously wasn't on a freeway considering the speed and turns. I'm not sure how much time LE is spending on trying to find this location. It may not provide much useful information at all. They already know he is familiar with that area. Unless he somehow left other evidence there it may provide little insight into his identity...but what do I know??:cool:

Softsoul, Yes, it was the Dateline episode that is linked on the MSNBC webpage that I watched a month ago or something. I think there was also another media source on you tube where I heard the part about her being in the parking lot, but maybe they were getting that confused with the possibly unrelated attack back in November.

I don't know what to think about the fact that he didn't go that far. Either he wasn't familiar with the area and figured no one would recognize his car, so he just didn't even try to go that far. Or, he is known to be in the area and felt like no one would think his truck out of the place there. I guess it could go either way. It makes me wonder how far he took Brianna. She could have been not that far away from that house for hrs or days.

Lilly, it is the October attack that they think may be unrelated. The November attack has been linked to Bri's murder by DNA. I think the November and October attacks took place in parking garages, but not sure.

Sorry, softsoul, you're right October was the unrelated one. That's what I get for not reading back up on this case in about a month. lol I'm still trying to remember where I heard the thing about the victim right before Brianna being attacked in the parking lot, but maybe that was a mix-up.

I have always thought the most logical place was the quarry. It would fit and that is why I wanted FXSTS to scope out the road. There seems to be an uphill grade right by the house where Bri went missing. The turns could take them right to the quarry from Virginia Ave.

I know nothing about the area so I'm not sure how far he could have driven in that time considering possible traffic lights, one way streets, etc. You'd have to think there wasn't a lot of traffic that time of night. It's hard to tell if the turns happened after stops, such as a stop sign, or if he was on a winding road. He obviously wasn't on a freeway considering the speed and turns. I'm not sure how much time LE is spending on trying to find this location. It may not provide much useful information at all. They already know he is familiar with that area. Unless he somehow left other evidence there it may provide little insight into his identity...but what do I know??:cool:
You're right, it might not provide much to identify him, but it seems odd to me after looking at the satellite map that he didn't drop Brianna's body closer and instead took her to the other end of the city. Maybe to throw off LE? It might just be something we'll never know.

I have always thought the most logical place was the quarry. It would fit and that is why I wanted FXSTS to scope out the road. There seems to be an uphill grade right by the house where Bri went missing. The turns could take them right to the quarry from Virginia Ave.
I remember Mark Fuhrman mentioning the quarry also before Brianna's body was found. How easy would it be to get to in the snow?

I think he dumped her there because he drives by there often for some reason. He was keeping an eye on her...so to speak. He still drives by and relives his crime, imo. (Probaby part of the reason they put up the cameras)

I remember Mark Fuhrman mentioning the quarry also before Brianna's body was found. How easy would it be to get to in the snow?
It is a straight shot from KT's house to the quarry going west so it would be very easy. It is about a 3 minute drive from Virginia Ave.

I think he dumped her there because he drives by there often for some reason. He was keeping an eye on her...so to speak. He still drives by and relives his crime, imo. (Probaby part of the reason they put up the cameras)
I was thinking the same thing that he has some tie to the area he chose to drop Brianna's body. I just wonder if he did that right after her abduction or later on? If it was even a few days after he abducted her, that would say a lot about where he lives or if he has a storage rental unit, imo. I know LE said she'd been there at least a week, but with the snow it's hard to know just when he put her in the field.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back