Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

SS,

In the article it says - the sketch is "not inconsistent" with suspect descriptions in three other sexual assault cases near the University of Nevada, Reno campus, investigators say.

So I thought it meant that the descriptions were consistent among the other victims.

I'm really confused now.

SS,

In the article it says - the sketch is "not inconsistent" with suspect descriptions in three other sexual assault cases near the University of Nevada, Reno campus, investigators say.

So I thought it meant that the descriptions were consistent among the other victims.

I'm really confused now.
Yes, it does say that. Which means at the time they released that sketch and the first description they got from the other two victims...that could be a possibility. However, as the descriptions from the Virginia Ave victim progressed...the sketch became less likely to be part of these cases, imo. I have always felt that LE needed to clarify this, but they have not. Putting out a sketch in the first place which clouded the investigation was a poor decision on their part. Yes, the guy should be caught for the other attack, but should not have been automatically associated to this. He used a gun in that attack...not the mo of the perp in these attacks. Now the physical description doesn't match the sketch, but so many people will still consider it and will be thrown off by it.

Are they ANY closer to developing a POI or suspect on this case?! I fear they keep growing colder. I don't want to see this one go completely cold...not that it would be forgotten. It would be a good thing for LE to release more at this point to avoid that scenario. Someone knows something and it is a matter of striking that chord within people who might.

Are they ANY closer to developing a POI or suspect on this case?! I fear they keep growing colder. I don't want to see this one go completely cold...not that it would be forgotten. It would be a good thing for LE to release more at this point to avoid that scenario. Someone knows something and it is a matter of striking that chord within people who might.

It has been months since any new information was released about Bri's death or the perp. It gets frustrating as I totally agree that someone knows something. However, as we have seen in other cases they may have reported their suspicions and LE either a) did not see them as related, b) talked to the perp and he passed the "look test" c) haven't followed up on the tip yet, or d) have him in their sights. The only other scenarios I can think of would be that he is so good at hiding his dark side that NO ONE has a clue or he truly is such a loner that no one even notices him. Although I guess someone could be protecting him and just not saying anything. Unfortunately, that is all too possible as well.

It seems that in these cases if an arrest isn't made relatively soon then it does tend to go cold. However, there was a case locally where a college girl was murdered and they arrested someone last year, almost 10 years later, after he was arrested for another crime and the DNA was matched.

I am not willing to wait that long because they missed something in three cases. I believe that they put their eggs in one basket and come up empty so they start over time after time. I don't hold a lot of belief in their theories or how they have investigated this case.

I am not willing to wait that long because they missed something in three cases. I believe that they put their eggs in one basket and come up empty so they start over time after time. I don't hold a lot of belief in their theories or how they have investigated this case.

Do we really have a choice about how long we wait?

I found this disheartening regarding the local case I mentioned in my last post. It wasn't until he was charged with non-support of his children 10 years later (I was wrong in how long it had been in my earlier post.) that his DNA was taken and then it took 2 years before it was actually run and the match was found...

"Police say Gravely had never been on their radar screen as a suspect, though he'd been arrested numerous times for minor crimes in Franklin County since Hummer died."

The longer this goes without being solved, the less people are going to look at people in a certain way and remember any clues, details, etc.

From day ONE I have always felt there was some inside connection to this case. One of the roomates, friends...knows what happened. I have no doubts the the LE has grilled these people, but my gut feeling still tells me one or more of them knows something.

The longer this goes without being solved, the less people are going to look at people in a certain way and remember any clues, details, etc.

From day ONE I have always felt there was some inside connection to this case. One of the roomates, friends...knows what happened. I have no doubts the the LE has grilled these people, but my gut feeling still tells me one or more of them knows something.

A lot of people agree with you. I just have never heard anything that would lead me in that direction. It appears that his MO has been random attacks. The one uncertainty to me in this regard is my suspicion that he was familiar with the house. Of course, he could have scoped out the layout while he watched Bri and waited for her to go to sleep. Unfortunately, there were lot of uncovered windows which allowed him to see the entire common area. It is even possible that he lived there, or knew someone who did, at some point.

ITA that this case will begin to fade from awareness for most of us. I hate to admit that but it is understandable. Unless you live in that area and/or are privy to inside info you are very limited in how you can help. (There are several posters here who have done some good detective work with limited information. :clap: ) LE needs to review their evidence and reconsider what might be useful to the public in helping them ID this guy. The longer this goes on the more time he has to cover his tracks and possibly hurt more women. For example, it wouldn't look as suspicious if he were to pick up and move at this point.

I think you might be on to something there, Rick. Either the perp got much bolder in the manner in which he abducted his victims or he had familiarity either with Brianna, someone who lived in the house, or the house itself ~ like he tried to break into the apartment of the Dec. victim the night before. It's also very coincidental to me that the two male roommates weren't home that weekend almost as if abducting Brianna was made too easy for this monster. I'm not saying they were involved, but it could be someone they know or who knew they'd be gone and the doors unlocked.

They need to let Rick and I grill them. LOL We would get some real answers fast! (Have your waterboard handy, Rick?)

LOL Thanks, LatteDa! I guess that answers that question once and for all...since it made Fox news.

It actually disturbs me. They have things that LE CAN release to bring in more leads. They are choosing to hold those in spite of that fact. This is what always infuriates me with LE. The things they sometimes hold so close are so insignificant to the investigation is ridiculous...but to someone out in the public could be huge. They should know how to play cards in Reno.

I'm new at this so I'm sorry if my link doesn't work. This is the article on a sexual assault that LE isn't sure whether or not it's connected to Brianna.
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/18682149.html
Thanks so much for posting that Lanie!
The man responsible for the South Meadows attack is describes as a white male, in his mid 20s, 170 lbs., about 6'1". He has light brown bushy hair. He was wearing a dark-colored long sleeve shirt, mask, and blue jeans. He was carrying a dark-colored back-pack.

Sounds like it could be Bri's perp...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back