Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she should have immunity. The poor girl never had a chance of a normal life living with that .

Would be interesting to know if there is any activity at the house,with MJ's 90,000 dollar annual income gone she my not be able to afford to stay. I'm sure she has not been going to work either.

IMO it would be very telling to hear that Denise is talking to a lawyer to begin divorce proceedings, also if she hasn't started to look into that would also be very telling. I would think you would do everything you could to remove anything connected with the devil incarnate from your life, I'd never be able to live in that house knowing the things that happened there either.

VB

I'm not sure of how telling it would be if she jumped on it right away or not. She has children to take care of right now, and no doubt she could be taking AR to counselling, trying to be supportive of her, then trying to help the little one with the loss of her father (MJ) and cousin. I hope the little girl is going to counselling as well. That's a lot for one parent to handle. So, if she's not jumping on divorce right away, IMO, people shouldn't really look into that. The dust needs to settle, her children should be her first priority. Just my opinion.

If you look at the emails that are from AR and the blog posting that was on Brooke's Myspace blog (typed by MJ to look like it was Brooke), there is a huge difference in their short hand, spelling, and flow of writing. I don't believe the emails from AR were actually typed up by MJ. Just my opinion. MJ seemed to think and try a little too hard when he wrote the blog for Brooke's Myspace page and it's certainly not the way 12 year olds these days write/type. However, regardless if AR actually did type those emails or not, she is still a victim, and a product of the years she had spent with MJ.

I too believe that AR wrote her emails.

Am I correct in thinking that MJ and RG have a court appointment today?....If so what time is it for.

Do we know if the children are still with Denise?

I'm under the impression that they are, no one has stated that they aren't. There's no mention of Denise being under investigation, I would think if the children were removed from her custody temporarily, that info would be released or leaked?

As for federal mug shots being public record, can't the feds legally claim that they can't release them, due to an ongoing investigation?

Personally, I wouldn't want any investigation compromised, just because the public has a right to see someone's mug shot. But that's me.
They had no problem with MJ's face being seen in court since they allowed cameras. Not showing his mugshot makes no sense.

Gagnon's mugshot is a different story since they refused cameras and only allowed an artist to draw a side sketch. If Gagnon is seen on child *advertiser censored*, I feel people have a right to know who he is. How are other people going to place him with their children? We do not know if there are other victims out there. We do know he has connections to three states. We don't know if he was using an alias either. I want other victims to come forward if there is a remote chance he was doing more than viewing. Nothing in the investigation is more important than the victims.

My biggest fear is that a deal is in the works and could result in another slap on the wrist in order to put MJ away.

I'll probably get flack for this, but Denise is a little late in making her children her priority, she should have thought of that when she helped him (the pedo) get out of jail.

I'll probably get flack for this, but Denise is a little late in making her children her priority, she should have thought of that when she helped him (the pedo) get out of jail.

No flack here. I'm in total agreement. BUT I'd rather her show up late than not at all....

Amen.

They had no problem with MJ's face being seen in court since they allowed cameras. Not showing his mugshot makes no sense.

Gagnon's mugshot is a different story since they refused cameras and only allowed an artist to draw a side sketch. If Gagnon is seen on child *advertiser censored*, I feel people have a right to know who he is. How are other people going to place him with their children? We do not know if there are other victims out there. We do know he has connections to three states. We don't know if he was using an alias either. I want other victims to come forward if there is a remote chance he was doing more than viewing. Nothing in the investigation is more important than the victims.

My biggest fear is that a deal is in the works and could result in another slap on the wrist in order to put MJ away.

I believe it is just simply policy that is preventing the release of Gagnon's mug shot. The following April, 2008 press release from the US Attorney's office Colorado District, while not related to this case, has an interesting note at the bottom of the page that says

"NOTE: No mug shot is available, as release of mug shots is prohibited by the Department of Justice"

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/co/press_releases/2008/April08/4_4_08.html

Further searching turned up this page:

http://justice.gov/oip/foi-act.htm

See exemption 7 and 7(C) at the justice link. Also, if you search "mug shot" using the FOIA button beneath the search box, you will find links to rulings specific to mug shots.

There could be more to it as evidenced by the wording in the first paragraph of Exemption 7 but what it all boils down to is.......DOJ & FBI say "no photo for you".

I'm not sure of how telling it would be if she jumped on it right away or not. She has children to take care of right now, and no doubt she could be taking AR to counselling, trying to be supportive of her, then trying to help the little one with the loss of her father (MJ) and cousin. I hope the little girl is going to counselling as well. That's a lot for one parent to handle. So, if she's not jumping on divorce right away, IMO, people shouldn't really look into that. The dust needs to settle, her children should be her first priority. Just my opinion.

I agree....With everything else going on around them, filling out paperwork for divorce proceedings are probably not a top priority right now.

I agree with you. However, I would like to think that she's giving all the support and help she can to these kids no matter how late it is.

No flack here. I'm in total agreement. BUT I'd rather her show up late than not at all....

IMO, this isn't showing up. This is her not having a choice. When she had a choice, she didn't choose her children.

I believe it is just simply policy that is preventing the release of Gagnon's mug shot. The following April, 2008 press release from the US Attorney's office Colorado District, while not related to this case, has an interesting note at the bottom of the page that says

"NOTE: No mug shot is available, as release of mug shots is prohibited by the Department of Justice"

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/co/press_releases/2008/April08/4_4_08.html

Further searching turned up this page:

http://justice.gov/oip/foi-act.htm

See exemption 7 and 7(C) at the justice link. Also, if you search "mug shot" using the FOIA button beneath the search box, you will find links to rulings specific to mug shots.

There could be more to it as evidenced by the wording in the first paragraph of Exemption 7 but what it all boils down to is.......DOJ & FBI say "no photo for you".

That's what I think, its the difference between state and federal rules. Gagnon's state court appearance was cancelled so they could charge him under federal statutes...where there are no cameras or photos.

I don't think there is any back story or investigative reason.

I heard from a friend of the family that Denise is NOT on mj's side at all.

Has she said anything else to you about what is going on besides the fact that Denise isn't supporting MJ? Do they have ALL the facts that we have??

I am glad to hear atleast NOW she is on her daughter's side,.. I guess its better late than never.

Has she said anything else to you about what is going on besides the fact that Denise isn't supporting MJ? Do they have ALL the facts that we have??

I am glad to hear atleast NOW she is on her daughter's side,.. I guess its better late than never.

No she's a very tight lipped person, and if she did know anything else, I know she wouldn't tell me. However, I do know this came as a complete shock to this person, she had no idea of MJ's background, and said it seemed like they were a "normal" family. I say, no one ever knows what goes on behind closed doors. I'm under the impression that no one would have ALL of the facts that we have unless they read all of the affidavits, all of the news articles, this forum, etc. I doubt LE gives out copies of all of this info, but maybe I'm wrong. Again, just my opinion, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288