Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Jacques is contesting Denises petition for divorce and is asking for joint custody of their daughter.....HA, AS IF!!

This came from a very good friend of Denise.
OMG!! I have nothing else...

I'm quoting myself here, cuz i haven't seen much back about what i said and i kinda wanted to add a little bit too...
i really hope this is ok to write, but i just have so many mixed up emotions about what i feel about AR.
To me, i feel like she should be held responsible in some way for her part in this...i mean i know she was a victim of MJ too...
but to me...she was old enough to know better....to keep Brooke from getting hurt...to warn her...to tell someone...to speak up somehow...i just don't get it....she could have been the way to help save her cousin's life...i mean how do you hate someone that much???...and even more so that she is living her life as "normal" as can be...and why would anyone at this point want to have anything to do her?...why would anyone want to be her friend?...how can anyone trust her?...look how she betrayed her own family?...it bothers me so much....she should not be allowed to be going on like this...it's scary to me actually that she is allowed to be living her life free and normal...i wouldn't want my kids around her at all if it was my choice....
am i way out there???

I read this a long time ago, and it has haunted me some, so I have decided to post on it.
This girl, who is now "old enough to know better", was not just sexually abused. She has been psychologically tortured since the age of 9. Right and wrong is learned behavior, and from what I have read of her circumstances, I highly doubt she was taught from any age the things her father eventually ended up doing to her and putting her through were wrong. Why would a person who is using his daughter worse than an animal teach her to value herself, or anyone else? IMO, for her to react the way she did when she found the note under her pillow suggests there was mind control going on for a while before hand. IMO, yes, this does excuse what she did. She is still a minor, and therefore, she has had no opportunities to get out from under this man's control, and see this isn't normal. She has had no opportunity to break free, so, as horrible as I feel it is, as horrible as I feel her part in what happened is, I still can't blame her at this point, because she didn't know better, this life is all she has ever known. Her mind is so screwed up, it may never be fixed. This man did this, and he, and everyone else involved, need to pay for it, bigtime.
Lanie

I wanted to add something else. Where in the HELL was this girl's mother? IMO, charges need to be brought against her, as well. This wasn't some counselor molesting her daughter at summer camp, this was HER HUSBAND, IN HER HOME, FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!
How effing deep do you need to dig the hole in the sand to stick your head in to pretend there is nothing wrong going on here???
This is neglect, plain and simple, black and white. She should not even have custody for the slime to contest.
Lanie

I do agree with you Lanie, on almost all points...except I feel if she is deemed mentally competent to stand trial, she should do so. I can think of a few killers (Manson for one, Ottis Toole another) who had horrendous childhoods...and still knew right from wrong.

I read this a long time ago, and it has haunted me some, so I have decided to post on it.
This girl, who is now "old enough to know better", was not just sexually abused. She has been psychologically tortured since the age of 9. Right and wrong is learned behavior, and from what I have read of her circumstances, I highly doubt she was taught from any age the things her father eventually ended up doing to her and putting her through were wrong. Why would a person who is using his daughter worse than an animal teach her to value herself, or anyone else? IMO, for her to react the way she did when she found the note under her pillow suggests there was mind control going on for a while before hand. IMO, yes, this does excuse what she did. She is still a minor, and therefore, she has had no opportunities to get out from under this man's control, and see this isn't normal. She has had no opportunity to break free, so, as horrible as I feel it is, as horrible as I feel her part in what happened is, I still can't blame her at this point, because she didn't know better, this life is all she has ever known. Her mind is so screwed up, it may never be fixed. This man did this, and he, and everyone else involved, need to pay for it, bigtime.
Lanie

Lanie, I will not deny the fact that she is a victim of MJ and his twisted head games. To excuse what she did as a result, I can't. She wasn't held in a basement and kept away from society, she went to school, she had friends, she went to their houses, she could see that her household was not a normal one. If she could function in society, go to school, etc, she knew the difference between right and wrong. Luring her cousin to her death was wrong and she knew it... IMHO she didn't participate out of fear, she did it out of anger, you can clearly see she was angry at Brooke in the emails, you can clearly see that she agreed to help, and the indictments show that she knew Brooke would die that day. In the beginning, I wasn't so sure that she knew Brooke was being lead to her death, but she did, and she helped come up with the plan to do it. I'm sickened that she is allowed to go about her life as if nothing happened, attending school, hanging out with friends after school, etc. This girl needs to be put in a residential treatment facility, she clearly has psychiatric issues that one hour weekly sessions with a therapist can't touch. I do agree, however, that Denise should have those children removed from her care. I blame MJ first and foremost, but Denise is next in line... She needs to be locked up for neglect. She makes me sick.

I do agree with you Lanie, on almost all points...except I feel if she is deemed mentally competent to stand trial, she should do so. I can think of a few killers (Manson for one, Ottis Toole another) who had horrendous childhoods...and still knew right from wrong.

fragile- Manson and Toole were adults. How do they compare? Are you saying that Manson and Toole had bad childhoods but knew right from wrong? :waitasec: Cause if it is your point, I would have to disagree; If they knew right from wrong it certainly didn't stop them. I'm confused.

Just because one knows right from wrong doesn't stop them from acting on the wrong. I know its wrong to run a red light but it doesn't mean I never will. I also know its wrong to lie, but I'm sure I've told a couple in my lifetime. So that has little to do with knowing right from wrong and ACTING on it. That is the difference. ACTING.
just my 2 cents.

I have to agree with Lightinthedark here, no matter what has happened to a person or their age they know right from wrong. Leading someone to their death is a crime I don't care what you have been through. Some action needs to take place or this may happen again. If you are saying that because someone is mistreated/abused it gives them the right to do what she did to Brooke then what would make her not do the same thing again? I'm sorry, I do feel sorry for the families is this case, but I also believe that they all had to have some knowledge of what was going on, if not, they sure where not paying any attention to their children or their own personal lives. In any case, someone else needs to be in charge of her besides her Mother. Who I feel is accountable as well.

I have to agree with Lightinthedark here, no matter what has happened to a person or their age they know right from wrong. Leading someone to their death is a crime I don't care what you have been through. Some action needs to take place or this may happen again. If you are saying that because someone is mistreated/abused it gives them the right to do what she did to Brooke then what would make her not do the same thing again? I'm sorry, I do feel sorry for the families is this case, but I also believe that they all had to have some knowledge of what was going on, if not, they sure where not paying any attention to their children or their own personal lives. In any case, someone else needs to be in charge of her besides her Mother. Who I feel is accountable as well.

I agree. If we are going to excuse her then we must excuse the other criminals that have had a terrible childhood. This time she lead her cousin to her death, next time she may actually take a life. JMO

I agree that she needs to be held accountable for her actions. It is then up to the courts to decide if she is mentally competant to stand trial. If not, whe will be put somewhere where she gets the help that she desperately needs. It may even be too late to help her. Law enforcement needs to protect society so that another tragedy like this never happens again.

I read the article in the media thread and see that the prosecution has not decided whether or not to try Jacques on the DP.

YES, PLEASE - DP!

YES! DP! WTH?! This man deserves so much more than the DP...but it is a start. He can rot in hell where he belongs quicker.

YES! DP! WTH?! This man deserves so much more than the DP...but it is a start. He can rot in hell where he belongs quicker.
I agree. There is no punishment that would ever begin to equate to what he put Brooke through.

The sooner the better.

If they go with the DP, then the X$%^! has the opportunity to make a deal. While I'd love to see this guy face the full whack, I do think LWOP would visit a special kind of hell on this monster.

Having been in prison and seeing how pedos are treated, he may, however, prefer to take his chances. I just wish we'd see some movement on this case.

I agree with you, SS.

I wish there would be a trial soon. Seems as if it takes forever now to even get a case to court. Jacques is a vile, disgusting subhuman!

I agree. There is no punishment that would ever begin to equate to what he put Brooke through.

The sooner the better.

You are so right, TallCoolOne! The DP is carried out painlessly.

My heart breaks for the absolute terror and pain Brook must have felt. NOTHING can ever be true justice for her or any other murder victims. So they lay Jacques on a table in the execution chamber and put a needle in his arm. IMO, this is one h3ll of a lot more human than what he did to Brooke.

:clap::clap::clap:

I wanted to add something else. Where in the HELL was this girl's mother? IMO, charges need to be brought against her, as well. This wasn't some counselor molesting her daughter at summer camp, this was HER HUSBAND, IN HER HOME, FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!
How effing deep do you need to dig the hole in the sand to stick your head in to pretend there is nothing wrong going on here???
This is neglect, plain and simple, black and white. She should not even have custody for the slime to contest.
Lanie

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I so agree with this. This was not a one time event that might have gone unnoticed, it was years of abuse. No excuse for the mother. Hang her too (I don't mean that literally)!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back