Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on the news tonight, it was said that Brooke's parents are holding a candlelight vigil for Brooke on wednesday. It will be at 8 p.m. at the gazebo on Main street in Randolph.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

That is a good thing, Dark. It will help the family feel the support around them and it will help the community deal with this a bit, too.

I just cannot imagine what is going through the parents' minds tonite after finding out about his arrest on the new charges and learning of the previous charges, if they didn't already know. Surely, the mother didn't know and allowed her to stay at his house.

Sorry, Taxi. I don't know what happened to it! LOL I find a ton of mentions, but not the actual video.

I was looking up Michael Jacques on myspace and came up with 50 from the phillipines. Ugh. Of course, he wouldn't use his real name...but I had to look anyway.

Me too! lol I don't like their new search. I bet he uses something like Mike Jacks, etc. I wouldn't put it past him to make one w/a younger age too.

Thanks for the video link!!! Off to watch.

Dearest SS,:blowkiss:
This video from the same station you linked to Taximom has a video of a boy that is Brooke's friend. I cannot believe that it shows that kid and onother one frolicking on the roof of a home! Strange.

Also, Jacques is not showing on the headcount in the Springfield facility yet, so I am wondering if he was drinking prior to being arrested. No one can be booked unless their BAC is zero. If that is the case, he is in a holding cell and on 15 minute suicide checks. When he is booked, he will stay on suicide checks for awhile. Then after that, he will be in a sex offender unit away from the other inmates.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I don't get why she was in the store with him. It didn't appear he bought her anything. Most teen girls don't just want to hang around with their 42 yr old uncles. Then they go their separate ways without even looking at each other?! What if this was calculated to get her on tape by him (like someone else already mentioned)? :(

Also, she wasn't carrying anything, so I doubt she had extra clothes to "switch" if she planned this disappearance.

Vermont State Police say the uncle of a missing 12-year-old girl — one of the last people to see her before she vanished — has been arrested on unrelated sex charges developed as part of the investigation into her disappearance.

Michael Jacques, 42, of Randolph, who dropped off Brooke Bennett at a convenience store Wednesday and was seen leaving it in a different direction on a surveillance camera video, was charged with aggravated sexual assault against a minor — the victim wasn't Bennett.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373563,00.html

That is a good thing, Dark. It will help the family feel the support around them and it will help the community deal with this a bit, too.

I just cannot imagine what is going through the parents' minds tonite after finding out about his arrest on the new charges and learning of the previous charges, if they didn't already know. Surely, the mother didn't know and allowed her to stay at his house.
Like you, I cannot even imagine what Brooke's parents are going through. They need support and they will get it from their community members.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Jacques was just now added to the Springfield headcount;

Inmate IDLastFirstDOBSiteCaseworkerTelephone23894JACQUES MICHAEL 1966-03-18Southern State CF
700 Charlestown Road
Springfield
VT
(802)885-9800unknown

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thanks for the update, Dark. I have been combing myspace for anything, but found nothing.

I had an odd feeling about the uncle and when Brooke's father hesitated on whether he spoke to him about Brooke's disappearance and then said "no," it clinched that feeling.

Holy moly, everyone. I just got home and checked the boards. You know, I will never doubt the "gut" anymore. Though it may or may not have anything to do with Brooke's disappearance, I'd be questioning the original story told. I'm sorry if this has been discussed...I'll have to go back and check all posts...and I thought I'd be calling it a night!

Ok that was the man I was talking about being a sex offender where she was dropped off and he lived there and he was arrested in 1993 being a sex offender and a kidnapper. I posted this today. he is 42yrs old. I"m going to find the page and post it. OMG!
I remember Swainniee!! HOLY MOLY!!

Thanks for the update, Dark. I have been combing myspace for anything, but found nothing.

You are very welcome.
There may not be a myspace for him. I know the outstanding job that you do when it comes to researching. So, if you could not find it, it is not there. The arrest of Jacques and the forensic evidence will be discussed at the press conference monday afternoon.

This is from WPTZ tonight;

FBI officials said forensic work completed over the weekend on clothing and Bennett's computer.

http://www.wptz.com/news/16742501/detail.html

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

What still has me really perplexed is the myspace with the african american person holding the naked doll that said Brooke Bennett is missing and the last time they had been on was 6-23-08.
So I will ask the question again that I asked before.

Unless there is another Brooke Bennett missing (and I find that highly unlikely) how did they know 2 days before the fact that Brooke Bennett was going to come up missing AND what was up with the naked doll blocking their face???
I believe that was NOT one of the accounts belonging to our girl. (I think I asked that yesterday). I'd bet LE has contacted the other BBs and told them it was in their best interest if they stayed offline. Whether they listen or not, is another thing.

Jacques was just now added to the Springfield headcount;

Inmate IDLastFirstDOBSiteCaseworkerTelephone23894JACQUES MICHAEL 1966-03-18Southern State CF
700 Charlestown Road
Springfield
VT
(802)885-9800unknown

Respectfully,
dark_shadows
Thanks, DS! So was there ever a "cousin"?

Interesting and sad turn of events. Not shocked though. Quickly it was determined that the story about the hospital visit was a ruse. My feeling was that story was not fabricated by Brooke to cover for a myspace meeting, but was made up by the uncle to cover his butt. I also feel he was the one that found the items because he planted them there. It was all too convenient and reeked of staging. Of course there is a small chance this guy had nothing to do with Brooke's disappearance at all. It's not looking good though. And it's not looking good that Brooke will be found safe.

Thank you DS for the info you provided.

The below quote is interesting:

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8576141

(snip)
Two days ago, WCAX asked Brooke's father, Jim Bennett, whether he believed a family member was involved with Brooke's disappearance. He said, "I guess there's some question about the uncle, but I don't personally know him that well, so I can't say."

Here is a link to the video where Brooke's dad makes the comment about the uncle.

http://www.wcax.com/global/video/po...Format=flv&clipId1=2641056&at1=News&h1=Police Arrest Missing Girl's Uncle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74