Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't get why he would let his young daughter be exposed to this dangerous, convicted sex offender. I would have called the police and child welfare and gotten custody of the child or at least tried.

I think it's very easy to say what we would have done .. but we weren't in the Dad's shoes ... who knows what all the dynamics involved were...

I hope and pray they find Brooke alive soon..

Yes he is a constable not sure what all that involves, from everything I have read he basically says he is an animal control officer and monitors some public event activities.

I know he was in a difficult position with regards to Brooke, however if I was in his shoes I would of moved heaven and earth to make sure my daughter did not spend time with this sex offender. His entire frame of mind of it was a long time ago just doesnt cut it for me. Maybe just maybe had he stood up and fought to protect his daughter she would of felt like someone was in her court, maybe they would of investigaged things then and discovered what was going on with her cousin. To me he is just as guilty of not protecting Brooke as her mother.

Jim has always been there for Brooke. When she was living in Alabama He and Janet went down often to visit and even put their house up for sale at one time to move to Alabama to be closer to her. Then the mother decided to move back to Vermont. Jim and Janet have been very vocal since this case has began. I can tell you that from very early morning till very late at night the media is at their house and they interview all day long. If you want to scold someone how about the mother who is barely seen.

I am going to defend the Bio father and his wife until I see something which raises red flags. So far, I see them as loving parents who only want their daughter home. No doubt they have beaten themselves up repeatedly for not grabbing this child up and not returning her to the situation she was forced into (living with such danger all around her). Mistakes are made by all parents. Cassandra is the one who is ultimately responsible for placing such people around her daughter and perpetuating this scenario.

It is MHO we can discuss this case and the family members and do it respectfully because we are respectful group of people here. Let's try to refrain from name calling and cussing family members that weren't doing the molesting. We have no idea what this family is going through right now. I have lived this, there were many in the dark.

I am going to defend the Bio father and his wife until I see something which raises red flags. So far, I see them as loving parents who only want their daughter home. No doubt they have beaten themselves up repeatedly for not grabbing this child up and not returning her to the situation she was forced into (living with such danger all around her). Mistakes are made by all parents. Cassandra is the one who is ultimately responsible for placing such people around her daughter and perpetuating this scenario.

well said.

Maybe someday, we'll find out what Cassandra told Jim that convinced him that MJ wasn't an issue.

They are searching all areas again closely with the dogs.
Thanks, Aunt. Someone had put a link up earlier to that effect and it made me wonder why. More K-9s or is it from a solid lead in the case? It is difficult to know which one to hope for, isn't it? :( Hugs~

I think it's very easy to say what we would have done .. but we weren't in the Dad's shoes ... who knows what all the dynamics involved were...

I hope and pray they find Brooke alive soon..

I agree 100% that we don't know all the dynamics and it's easy to say "this is what you should have done" after the fact. I think the reason we are saying this is 1. it scares the He** out of every one of us that this kind of thing not only can happen, it happens and it happens alot. 2nd, How could something like this happen right under the mothers noses and not notice anything and 3rd, when they did notice something they wrote it off, heres where I get mad, place blame and wish someone would have stepped in to advocate these girls. IMO

Yes he is a constable not sure what all that involves, from everything I have read he basically says he is an animal control officer and monitors some public event activities.

I know he was in a difficult position with regards to Brooke, however if I was in his shoes I would of moved heaven and earth to make sure my daughter did not spend time with this sex offender. His entire frame of mind of it was a long time ago just doesnt cut it for me. Maybe just maybe had he stood up and fought to protect his daughter she would of felt like someone was in her court, maybe they would of investigaged things then and discovered what was going on with her cousin. To me he is just as guilty of not protecting Brooke as her mother.

We don't know that he didn't. It isn't as easy as it sounds to demand that things be done in a marriage, much less when you don't have custody. Every divorced parent I know has issues with what happens at the other parent's house. And for all we know, Brooke did feel strong enough to fight back and say no and tell. For all we know, that's why she's missing. That might be what broke this sex ring case open, although at 12yo she was taking on a big foe. I just think judging dad is a little harsh right now.

Jim has always been there for Brooke. When she was living in Alabama He and Janet went down often to visit and even put their house up for sale at one time to move to Alabama to be closer to her. Then the mother decided to move back to Vermont. Jim and Janet have been very vocal since this case has began. I can tell you that from very early morning till very late at night the media is at their house and they interview all day long. If you want to scold someone how about the mother who is barely seen.

(((BA))) I'm so sorry for your pain. This is why some warned you about reading here - in our passion for the victims, it sometimes gets rough and speculation can be a little "out there." (Remember when some were asking where Laci's sister was that night and speculating about a possible affair with Scott? Ugh!) It sounds like Jim was doing everything he felt able to do. You are right that he has been out front all along while Mom and family have been pretty quiet and acting odd. Prayers with you that Brooke is safely home soon.

Thanks, Aunt. Someone had put a link up earlier to that effect and it made me wonder why. More K-9s or is it from a solid lead in the case? It is difficult to know which one to hope for, isn't it? :( Hugs~

It is very difficult. The fact that they do not give the family anymore information then the public. We are however thankful that they are still looking and not giving up.

Does anyone know if drugs were involved in Cassandra's side of the family? When BD mentioned "Tim, the drunk" as being around, it made me curious as to what other things were taking place in the home.

Grandma and her friends comment disturb me greatly. If this is their attitude while Brooke is missing and maybe dead at the hands of MJ, then how nonchalant were they before the can of worms was opened? All the children in that family have been in a dangerous situation for years and still are.

We don't know that he didn't. It isn't as easy as it sounds to demand that things be done in a marriage, much less when you don't have custody. Every divorced parent I know has issues with what happens at the other parent's house. And for all we know, Brooke did feel strong enough to fight back and say no and tell. For all we know, that's why she's missing. That might be what broke this sex ring case open, although at 12yo she was taking on a big foe. I just think judging dad is a little harsh right now.

(((BA))) I'm so sorry for your pain. This is why some warned you about reading here - in our passion for the victims, it sometimes gets rough and speculation can be a little "out there." (Remember when some were asking where Laci's sister was that night and speculating about a possible affair with Scott? Ugh!) It sounds like Jim was doing everything he felt able to do. You are right that he has been out front all along while Mom and family have been pretty quiet and acting odd. Prayers with you that Brooke is safely home soon.

I understand that everyone is voicing their opinion which is normal. I just like to shed some light on the stories. I am on because i get alot of information from you guys and pass it on to Jim and Janet who are not getting this info.

It is very difficult. The fact that they do not give the family anymore information then the public. We are however thankful that they are still looking and not giving up.
Rest assured they are not going to give up. The lead officer (don't know his name) said that they were going to keep up the pace until it was resolved. He looked very adamant saying it and I believe him. (We don't give up around here either as you can judge by the various cases still ongoing after many years!) :blowkiss:

This must be so hard on Jim and his wife.

I was wondering what you know about the story that Brooke told "family members" she was going with a friend to visit someone in the hospital. Did she tell that to only her uncle (the one that's arrested) or did she tell it to other family members? We've all been wondering if it is a story that the uncle made up.

Also - you may have answered this already, but I was wondering how you are related to Brooke? TIA

I understand that everyone is voicing their opinion which is normal. I just like to shed some light on the stories. I am on because i get alot of information from you guys and pass it on to Jim and Janet who are not getting this info.

I cant imagine how difficult this is for your family. My prayers are with all of you.

Grandma and her friends comment disturb me greatly. If this is their attitude while Brooke is missing and maybe dead at the hands of MJ, then how nonchalant were they before the can of worms was opened? All the children in that family have been in a dangerous situation for years and still are.
Makes me wonder why we haven't seen or heard of DCF taking custody of every child in their households or them being put into protective custody by LE. Very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28