Brother Carl Pistorius Motor Vehicle Accident/Hospitalization

Carl Pistorius's recovery process appears to be moving along a little faster now. He is posting quite a bit on his twitter account the past few days. Including several pictures of his leg that sustained the most damage.

Here is picture of him looking much happier, in a wheel chair on his way to the "gym" (rehab workout most likely, although maybe he is back at home or his Uncle's).

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/carlpistorius/status/505811878388719618/photo/1

(Still unable to locate any updates on the other injured driver). So odd. You would think the media would delve into this and have something, anything on the status of this other injured individual.

Carl Pistorius's recovery process appears to be moving along a little faster now. He is posting quite a bit on his twitter account the past few days. Including several pictures of his leg that sustained the most damage.

Here is picture of him looking much happier, in a wheel chair on his way to the "gym" (rehab workout most likely, although maybe he is back at home or his Uncle's).

i believe he is still in the hospital. an article from the 22nd said possibly another 2 weeks there then rehab...

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/carlpistorius/status/505811878388719618/photo/1

(Still unable to locate any updates on the other injured driver). So odd. You would think the media would delve into this and have something, anything on the status of this other injured individual.

Which part of his damaged body will he train up, this poor young man?

Fascinating.

With all his praise-the-lord platitudes, hospital injury photos and Bible-tweets, Carl makes NO mention of the other driver.

Not one single prayer-tweet.

I was just looking at Carl's Tweets. He has posted some photos of his injured leg...says he almost had to have it amputated. From the photos, I can believe that. Wow.

I would have brought the photos over here, but am unable to diwnload the images from Twitter to upload them here, at least not from my ipad.

I, and one other tweeter, tweeted back to him about the other driver, but so far there has been no response.

Twitter

One of CP's injuries:

CPLeg.jpg

Don't able to minimize the pic to an "acceptable" format, sorry.

For the person who asked about where they would start in rehabbing Carl, the first thing they would want to do is direct attention to his knee and leg function. Non-use of the knee joints and the leg muscles causes them to deteriorate rather quickly, so they would want to exercise them to maintain motion in the knee joints and to maintain/increase strength in the leg muscles.

^^ i don't believe those stitches are actual accident related... he said he had compartment syndrome... on grey's anatomy they've used this plot before... it involves cutting the skin to allow the fluid/blood to drain to try to save the limb after massive swelling: http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/guide/compartment-syndrome-causes-treatments

Yes, I believe it's from the surgery - opening up the leg to let the blood drain and to remove any tissue inside that was harmed from the build up of blood under the skin. I have 2 different friends who experienced this trauma to a leg, and the other friend to an arm. (Different accidents)

If the blood doesn't drain it creates bacteria. The bacteria from the idle pool of blood under the skin is what does all the damage - from the inside, working it's way to the outside (could eventually even lose part of a limb if neglected) - as the bacteria from the blood destroys tissue if not drained. Very common when a limb has been bruised very deeply. Both my friends have an unsightly scar, but have regained full use of their arm/leg after outpatient therapy and several surgeries. The surgeries check to make sure there isn't more blood draining and to graft more skin as needed on the outside - if it was damaged (as skin from previous graft treatments eventually die and new skin must replace it until your own skin grows back). Lengthy process. Surgeries are usually outpatient & short.

Sorry to sound so unpleasant. Friends recently experienced this and thought I would share their experience with dealing with this.

Carl Pistorius @carlpistorius • Sep 16

Truly blessed! Walked 4 the first time since my accident, a long way 4m my death bed 5 weeks ago! #countmyblessings pic.

https://twitter.com/carlpistorius

He's using crutches but at least he's mobile again. One very lucky man.

Neil Robinson ‏@Nezunitedroad 21. Sep.

@carlpistorius Nevermind all this preaching you just concentrate on keeping to the speed limit " #speedkills

bbm

I think this is probably old news and probably normal in an accident.

http://citizen.co.za/224002/carl-pistorius-charged-accident/

Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi said police were awaiting a decision from the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) on which of the two drivers would be charged.

BBM Translated: "As soon as uncle Carl makes payment, we will announce that the other driver will be charged."

Sorry to be so bitter, but it seems the fix is always in for these people.

We need an emoticon for :disgusted:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back