Bruce Zidarich

However, do we know for sure there is a lack of evidence?
Surely the pd hasn't released all information to the public.
We don't know if there is a lack of evidence...but if there was ample evidence that she was killed inside that home...there would be no question about him being arrested immediately. This should tell us that the evidence, if found, is very small and not enough to charge him formally.

SS:

I would think that even if after this exhumation, that it is declared that it was not "accidental". That any and all evidence is long gone. Meaning, no evidence of a crime scene is gone as it was not treated as such in the beginning.

Right now, all they can say, after the exhumation of Kathleen Savio's body, we have determined that the original diagnosis of "accidental death" is incorrect, and it has now been determined that it was a "homicide".

After all these years, what is left from the original "accidental" fact.

We know it's Kathleen's body, original autopsy report, what was gathered and put in a bag and is still availabe today???

Bruce is Cassandra's friend. My understanding is that Cassandra blew off the painting project and Bruce called Stacy. No text messaging involvedAs far as anyone has been able to dicern, Cassandra simply wanted to go visit her mom, who in this case would be Cassandra's guardian, Pam Bosco.

I think you may have confused the naughty text messages Stacy exchanged with Steve Rosetto weeks before Stacy went missing.
No, not confusing those. I went back and read the first two threads before I posted this. In one interview, Cassandra stated they texted back and forth that morning. Cassandra wasn't awake to talk to Bruce that morning before he texted Stacy. Cass was supposed to call Bruce when she got up, but she didn't. In the interview in the hallway with Greta and Mark F., Cassandra said that she didn't even know about the painting. I will go back and bring those interviews here.

We don't know if there is a lack of evidence...but if there was ample evidence that she was killed inside that home...there would be no question about him being arrested immediately. This should tell us that the evidence, if found, is very small and not enough to charge him formally.

I believe they have evidence, otherwise they wouldn't be calling this a possible homicide and they wouldn't have announced DrewP as a suspect. But obviously they don't feel they have all the evidence or enough evidence to charge. The biggest piece of evidence (Stacy) hasn't been found, so they will have to get as much circumstantial evidence as possible. That will take time. But if the leaks are accurate, they are well on their way.

No, not confusing those. I went back and read the first two threads before I posted this. In one interview, Cassandra stated they texted back and forth that morning. Cassandra wasn't awake to talk to Bruce that morning before he texted Stacy. Cass was supposed to call Bruce when she got up, but she didn't. In the interview in the hallway with Greta and Mark F., Cassandra said that she didn't even know about the painting. I will go back and bring those interviews here.

Thank you! That will be a great help. I hadn't heard that scenario at all, even at Findstacy.com. And it was actually Campers "hot and heavy" remark that made me think she was thinking about Scott's text msgs. lol.

I thought it was said that Bruce had texted Stacy that morning and she said she was lounging in bed. Then they discussed that Bruce would make contact with Cass and get back with Stacy about when to go paint.

I know others here have said Bruce and Stacy talked on the phone, but I swear I thought it was text. If so, it may or may not have been Stacy that morning.

With all due resepect, I'm sorry, but blaming Bruce for this seems so unfair. He's not the one with one suspiciously dead wife; he wasn't the insanely possessive one who tailed Stacy and had her phone tracked. He's not the one who told several of the women in his life he could kill them and make it look like an accident.

Bruce looked uncomfortable during an interview; I probably would too. Unless cadaver dogs come up with a hit at Bruce's house or in his car, or some other evidence, I'm not willing to blame him on the basis of looking uncomfortable in front of a camera.
Woah! I am not blaming Bruce! I am simply throwing out the suggestion that Bruce could have unwillingly seen something he should not have! The reason for him not saying anything would be obvious. We do not know for certain that the dog did or did not hit on anything in that house. That did not come from the police...it came from Sharon, IIRC. Besides, the furniture in the bedroom was rumored to have been Kathleen and Drew's. Why couldn't the dogs have hit on her death scent from the furniture?

I thought it was said that Bruce had texted Stacy that morning and she said she was lounging in bed. Then they discussed that Bruce would make contact with Cass and get back with Stacy about when to go paint.

I know others here have said Bruce and Stacy talked on the phone, but I swear I thought it was text. If so, it may or may not have been Stacy that morning.
Another thing I thought of! And...was this taking place on Stacy's NEW phone she got on Oct. 17th that Drew was not supposed to know about?!

SS:

The CELL PHONE IMO is the key that day.

Was it Stacy's new cell phone or the one that she knew DP knew she had????

Is there anywhere in the media or any other written statements, or even @ findstacy.com that DP knew or had access to Stacy's NEW cell phone??

OK...Bruce is the one who stated he texted back and forth with Stacy. So I guess that would clear that up! However, he stated he also spoke to her at 10:15am.

This is what Ms.Sheila wrote in a blow by blow of the interview while it was going on Fox with Greta:
Greta with Bruce:

Timeline of Sunday according to Bruce.

Sunday morning around 10 AM, he shared back and forth text messages with Stacey. She then called him at 10:15. She said that she had been just lounging in bed for a couple of hours, and that she AND HER KIDS were going to go to the house to paint today. Bruce was supposed to wait to hear from Stacey's sister Cassandra, and then call Stacey after Cassandra got in touch with them. Then they were all to meet over there to paint. However, Cassandra had decided to go to her mother's house that day, and didn't call Bruce. At 4PM Bruce sent Stacey a text message saying "Lets paint tomorrow". He received no reply.

SS:

So which cell phone was that?? Stacy's new one (that DP was not to have known about) or the other one??

SS:

The CELL PHONE IMO is the key that day.

Was it Stacy's new cell phone or the one that she knew DP knew she had????

Is there anywhere in the media or any other written statements, or even @ findstacy.com that DP knew or had access to Stacy's NEW cell phone??

That is the thing... we don't know and I don't recall if it has ever been said. The fact that Stacy had a new cell phone didn't come out right away. And I believe that DrewP made a point at one time that he and Stacy were on a family plan.
But which phone was it that Bruce talked to Stacy on? And which phone was it that allegedly called DrewP's phone when TM was at the coffeeshop? I don't think that has been clarified.

Here is the interview with Cassandra that works great:

http://www.foxnews.com//video2/player06.html?110107/110107_greta_cales&On_the_Record&Where%20Is%20Stacy%20Peterson%3F&acc&&-1&Shows&374.273&&&exp

She said that Bruce and Stacy set up the painting and she "didn't even know about it really", but she blew Bruce off anyway she cause wanted to go over to her mom's. Stacy was supposed to call her when she woke up (didn't say if this was related to painting or simply because they were keeping in close touch like the past couple of days.).

No, we don't know about the cell phone. We do know from last night's interview that Drew had a log of her calls in his briefcase which he had obviously downloaded. It wasn't clarified if this was on the old phone or the new one. Did anyone catch that?

I did not watch the interview..............

DANG IT!!! Out shopping!! Wouldn't it by now be on the media thread?? Hopefully in text as my speakers are dead!!

They are being pretty cagy about the cell phones. IMO it means that is a strong piece of evidence.
They are also not saying if one or both cell phones were recovered.

I believe it would have been too risky for Stacy to have been talking to Bruce on her new cell phone, because DrewP was home. I believe she saved that cell for the calls and discussions she didn't want DrewP to know about. So that phone would have been turned off and hidden when DrewP was home. That is another thing on the list of "small thing" that LE could have gone back to the home for on Nov. 6.

I ran across this tidbit on the first thread, too. Drew seems to be flipflopping between what he told Bruce about the airport and finding the car...and what he told LE! (Amazing what you can find going back into the beginnings of these cases!)

Golfmom's post #338 11-03-07
hmmmmm .... Notice, that he's only denying that he told the police that, not where/when the vehicle was located.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/632400,...ling02.article

Drew Peterson, though, on Thursday denied media reports that he had told police he found Stacy's car at the airport after he last spoke with her Sunday night.

http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/c...ge/x1149875992

Bolingbrook police said Drew Peterson, 53, told investigators Monday he spoke with his wife on the telephone Sunday night about picking up her car at a Bolingbrook airport

They are being pretty cagy about the cell phones. IMO it means that is a strong piece of evidence.
They are also not saying if one or both cell phones were recovered.

I believe it would have been too risky for Stacy to have been talking to Bruce on her new cell phone, because DrewP was home. I believe she saved that cell for the calls and discussions she didn't want DrewP to know about. So that phone would have been turned off and hidden when DrewP was home. That is another thing on the list of "small thing" that LE could have gone back to the home for on Nov. 6.
Well, you would think it would be hidden...but what if she thought DP was sound asleep and so she used it...because that was the number Bruce had for her? :waitasec: If he found Stacy had been deceiving him by using a new cell phone he knew nothing about...hello...HUGE FIGHT!

Good question here IMO, WHICH IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW:

I think is from SS:

No, we don't know about the cell phone. We do know from last night's interview that Drew had a log of her calls in his briefcase which he had obviously downloaded. It wasn't clarified if this was on the old phone or the new one. Did anyone catch that?

Since Stacy told Cass about this, ah, it would only make sense, to go back and find out the date that Cass or any other family member first mentions when Stacy got a "new" cell phone. Then, IMO, it would all come together. Timeline thread needed on cell phones. :)

Good question here IMO, WHICH IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW:

I think is from SS:

Since Stacy told Cass about this, ah, it would only make sense, to go back and find out the date that Cass or any other family member first mentions when Stacy got a "new" cell phone. Then, IMO, it would all come together. Timeline thread needed on cell phones. :)
Sharon knew when Stacy got the new cell phone, she said Stacy brought it over to her house and left it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back