BSL - More Victims????

Figured I would post this here. http://www.katc.com/news/25-year-ol...ound-3-years-after-being-reported-as-missing/ since January, 2010 anyone have more information?According to the article she was found in LaSalle Parish.

Thank you for the update. I didn't know. I've added it to the map at the link.

MAP: BSL - Possible Victims

Few facts were known about Dorothy's disappearance. Here are a couple of links.

Jan 24, 2011 - Missing Pineville Woman to be Featured on HNL

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=584

I really hope this isn't a "The body has been found" and they never update the story from there on.

It seems the Ali Lowitzer case has disappeared off the map along with some others we have discussed :/

Does anyone know the exact location she was found? Was it near a cemetery? Just wondering....

Well, according to authorities, they are searching this as an isolated case. They have stated they do not believe it's connected to Derrick Todd Lee OR Brandon Lavergne and that they had "no evidence what so ever" to make them believe they are connected.

However (I'm not dissingg LE, really, just stating a fact) BSL went under the "no evidence what so ever" radar for over a decade, so...

Does anyone know the exact location she was found? Was it near a cemetery? Just wondering....
I've been looking for that information but haven't seen it reported. Hunters found Dorothy's body, but that doesn't help much. Trout is about 100 square miles in area, and from the map, appears to be largely wooded.

http://www.zipareacode.net/trout-la.htm

The nearest cemetery I've found is Webster Cemetery in Midway, LA, about 2.5 miles from the center of Trout.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&...&gl=us&ei=RoXJUIbMM5Ly8ATHzYCACg&ved=0CHwQtgM

Something to note: Amanda Stroud also went missing from Pineville on January 9, 2010. Her body was found later the same month floating on Kincaid Lake near Alexandria. COD was determined to be acute methamphetamine intoxication.

December 10, 2012 - Remains Found in LaSalle Parish are Missing Pineville Woman

Detectives both with the LaSalle and Rapides parish sheriff offices are investigating Rosier's case as a homicide, according to a release.

There also was speculation that Rosier's disappearance might be connected to the disappearance of another Pineville woman who disappeared on the same day -- Jan. 9, 2010.
January 26, 2010 - Fishermen find woman's body in Rapides Parish lake

June 8, 2010 - Amanda Stroud, 22, died of Acute Methamphetamine Intoxication

Although Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office investigators and autopsy results confirm that crime was not a factor in Amanda's death, the family is not at peace.
However:

April 30, 2012 - Man Indicted in 2010 Death of Pineville Woman

What are the odds of the two deaths being unrelated?

Hi all,

Haven't been active in a few weeks, having recently made a career change. I hope to get caught up-to-speed on recent events, but I ran across this news story, which looks like it has been brought up here.

At any rate, additional info on the recent discovery of the body of Eyvonne Rosier:

http://www.kalb.com/story/20331271/eyvonne-rosiers-family-speaks-out

Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving, and I hope you have a happy Christmas*/New Year season as well.

*or whatever your favorite non-Christian winter holiday happens to be

Dorothy Eyvonne Rosier

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rosier_dorothy.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8719/0/

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance:

Missing Since: January 11, 2010 from Pineville, Rapides Parish, Louisiana
Height and Weight: 4’11 – 5”2, 90-110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark blonde/light brown hair, hazel eyes. Rosier has a tattoo of the word “Evon” on her lower back and a deep three-inch long surgical scar on her torso, from kidney surgery (not removal). She goes by her middle name, Eyvonne.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Possibly green pajamas

Details of Disappearance:

Rosier was last seen at her home in Pineville, Louisiana on January 11, 2010. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Pineville to Church Point: 83 miles http://goo.gl/maps/S6Ws

She was just found, being Investigated as a Homocide

http://www.kalb.com/story/20320100/human-remains-identified?config=H264

I am glad Evyonne was finally found, although this wasn't the outcome anyone hoped for.
I know there seems to be some cloud of suspicion over her step-father, whose home she was last seen leaving or the possibility her disappearance is related to Amanda's death, but I have long felt in my gut that Evyonne was a victim of BSL. Maybe it's just because she reminds me for some reason of Lisa Pate. I have no proof, just a feeling. I hope some evidence is or was found with her remains to show who did this to her.

As for her disappearance being related to Amanda's death, I guess it's possible- but why not dump both bodies either in the lake where Amanda was found or in the woods where Evyonne was found. Why two disposal sites? Seems like a lot of work & I generally think perps are kinda lazy.

Bessie, yeah I was reading about Amanda the other day, and then I came across the man being indicted in her death.

Although before he was ever brought up, there was a lot of talk about "drugs" and Amanda. I'm just wondering, was there talk about Dorothy and drugs?
LE stated they are investigating it as isolated, and so far, nothing that leads them to believe it is tied to BSL or Derrick Todd Lee. I guess this also means no evidence that points towards the man that killed Amanda. However, its pretty early to decide that.

It's a very weird coincidence if they both went missing in Pineville the same day, both were murdered, and two different killers. Seems as if Amanda's would be Dorothy's too.

Except drug related deaths happen all of the time on the same day as say, serial murderers that aren't drug related. But drug deaths aren't looked into as much because of the background of the whole idea.

But, if we listen to the words of the prisoners (Which I think we should. That is how LE even indicted BSL on Lisa Pate's murder) Brandon had a background with drugs in some sort (killing the drug dealer 8-ball according to the story from those in prison with him) and so on.

I am glad Evyonne was finally found, although this wasn't the outcome anyone hoped for.
I know there seems to be some cloud of suspicion over her step-father, whose home she was last seen leaving or the possibility her disappearance is related to Amanda's death, but I have long felt in my but that Evyonne was a victim of BSL. Maybe it's just because she reminds me for some reason of Lisa Pate. I have no proof, just a feeling. I hope some evidence is or was found with her remains to show who did this to her.

As for her disappearance being related to Amanda's death, I guess it's possible- but why not dump both bodies either in the lake where Amanda was found or in the woods where Evyonne was found. Why two disposal sites? Seems like a lot of work & I generally think perps are kinda lazy.

Her facial features remind me a lot of Lisa Pate.

It's weird about this case, starting with Mickey. Sometimes I need to nudge myself to remind myself that this isn't an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds. This is real. It's just so unbelievable that sometimes finding one body leads to finding one from over a decade ago.

I still stand by the fact that according to everything we've learned about BSL, there is no way he would have gone from 1999 to 2012 without killing. With his anger, his perversion, and overall character, it really is impossible.

I'm with you Ktgirl, I have a feeling he had something to do with that too. As well as the girl found before Lisa Pate in the woods by hunters, I think her name was Amber.

Where are the updates on Ali? Was he cleared from that or what? I'm ready for that poor girl to be found to give her family some relief. And I hope it's alive by some chance.

Yes, that's a good point about why wouldn't he dump both bodies in the lake.
Drug dealers typically don't "think" of where to dump bodies. They just act impulsively, while most serial murderers kind of plan it out. Amandas body was found a lot sooner than Dorothys. Dorothy was in the woods, and obviously decently hidden to go undiscovered.

Every time I see these stories with "woods", I think of BSL and talking to his prison inmates about dumping girls where he used to go hunting.

Where were all these places he went hunting? Could we find anymore buried from knowing this alone? Was Dorothy originally buried, and over time, began to surface and that is why her remains are now being found?

So many questions, but not enough answers.
Now that KATC has stated they were going to stop updating on BSL, we will most likely never know anything more about what happened. This in turn leads it really hard to attempt to investigate all of these other cases.

I think that the public should be kind of turned away during the investigation of active cases. But when it gets to the point of a "cold case" I DO think the public should be aware of very detailed events that occurred in the crime, because someone in the public being able to see how "off" that seems is usually what leads to finding a murderer after years and years.

For example, most of the girls we have discussed on here are cold cases, yet there is a good reason to assume that BSL had something to do with it.

Since they are now cold cases, there is no way of us looking into it.
But I think that once LE quits looking at it, it's the duty of the public that actually cares to look into it.

Bessie, yeah I was reading about Amanda the other day, and then I came across the man being indicted in her death.

Although before he was ever brought up, there was a lot of talk about "drugs" and Amanda. I'm just wondering, was there talk about Dorothy and drugs?
LE stated they are investigating it as isolated, and so far, nothing that leads them to believe it is tied to BSL or Derrick Todd Lee. I guess this also means no evidence that points towards the man that killed Amanda. However, its pretty early to decide that.

It's a very weird coincidence if they both went missing in Pineville the same day, both were murdered, and two different killers. Seems as if Amanda's would be Dorothy's too.

Except drug related deaths happen all of the time on the same day as say, serial murderers that aren't drug related. But drug deaths aren't looked into as much because of the background of the whole idea.

But, if we listen to the words of the prisoners (Which I think we should. That is how LE even indicted BSL on Lisa Pate's murder) Brandon had a background with drugs in some sort (killing the drug dealer 8-ball according to the story from those in prison with him) and so on.

http://s13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t17497.htm
"Evyonne Rosier has a history of drug use, according to Town Talk records."

I think this is one of the reasons why her disappearance, like Lisa's, flew under the radar compared to Mickey's.

DTL had been sitting on death row for years prior to Evyonne's disappearance and thankfully is still there. But BSL was out and about at this time.

I have been unable to locate a thread under missing (or now, located) for Evyonne on WS. Does she have one and I'm missing it? Thought I had seen it before.

Her facial features remind me a lot of Lisa Pate.

It's weird about this case, starting with Mickey. Sometimes I need to nudge myself to remind myself that this isn't an episode of CSI or Criminal Minds. This is real. It's just so unbelievable that sometimes finding one body leads to finding one from over a decade ago.

I still stand by the fact that according to everything we've learned about BSL, there is no way he would have gone from 1999 to 2012 without killing. With his anger, his perversion, and overall character, it really is impossible.

I'm with you Ktgirl, I have a feeling he had something to do with that too. As well as the girl found before Lisa Pate in the woods by hunters, I think her name was Amber.

Where are the updates on Ali? Was he cleared from that or what? I'm ready for that poor girl to be found to give her family some relief. And I hope it's alive by some chance.

Yes, that's a good point about why wouldn't he dump both bodies in the lake.
Drug dealers typically don't "think" of where to dump bodies. They just act impulsively, while most serial murderers kind of plan it out. Amandas body was found a lot sooner than Dorothys. Dorothy was in the woods, and obviously decently hidden to go undiscovered.

Every time I see these stories with "woods", I think of BSL and talking to his prison inmates about dumping girls where he used to go hunting.

Where were all these places he went hunting? Could we find anymore buried from knowing this alone? Was Dorothy originally buried, and over time, began to surface and that is why her remains are now being found?

So many questions, but not enough answers.
Now that KATC has stated they were going to stop updating on BSL, we will most likely never know anything more about what happened. This in turn leads it really hard to attempt to investigate all of these other cases.

I think that the public should be kind of turned away during the investigation of active cases. But when it gets to the point of a "cold case" I DO think the public should be aware of very detailed events that occurred in the crime, because someone in the public being able to see how "off" that seems is usually what leads to finding a murderer after years and years.

For example, most of the girls we have discussed on here are cold cases, yet there is a good reason to assume that BSL had something to do with it.

Since they are now cold cases, there is no way of us looking into it.
But I think that once LE quits looking at it, it's the duty of the public that actually cares to look into it.

Maybe there is a cayenne pepper or other BSL connection. Maybe LE should deputize the hunters & other outdoor persons. Seems that they have been responsible for locating and bringing more victims home than the missing/murdered persons investigators as of late.

What’s certain is that the strong attention brought by the Mickey Shunick case is what lead investigators to examine Lavergne as a possible suspect in the first place.
"Mighty Mick was a fighter, she still is"...

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetr...s-for-possible-connection-to-brandon-lavergne

Investigators look to more cold cases for possible connection to Brandon Lavergne

“The one good thing that came out of this is that the media did a good job of keeping this guy looking over his should and keeping him at bay,” Cpt. Judice concluded. “It’s not all law enforcement, it’s a community effort, especially in this case. When this case goes to trial, I think there will be many things that come to light that the community will be proud of because they had a part in uncovering that information. The community really stepped up to the plate.”

Well, my gut feeling about BSL being connected to Evyonne's death was wrong.
And thus, I'm not a psychic.

Rumor was her step-dad (or mom's bf) was a suspect. Just another reminder that sometimes it appears little is going on behind the scenes yet LE pretty much knows their perp & is just waiting for the right info/evidence to come along to press charges. Important to keep in mind when cases start to feel cold.

Poor girl.
Rest in peace.

But at least she is getting some sort of "justice" after her death.

Sorry if that has already been stated, but UL (the college Mickey attended) awarded Mickey a bachelor's of arts degree in anthropology which is what she was set to graduate in this year.

I think it's incredibly nice of UL's part to do such a thing.

Mickey graduated even though she was not physically here, and I'm sure in some way, she was still here to smile at knowing that.

if you read the article it goes on to talk about her children. who also got split up as well... sad day

http://s13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t17497.htm
"Evyonne Rosier has a history of drug use, according to Town Talk records."

I think this is one of the reasons why her disappearance, like Lisa's, flew under the radar compared to Mickey's.

DTL had been sitting on death row for years prior to Evyonne's disappearance and thankfully is still there. But BSL was out and about at this time.

I have been unable to locate a thread under missing (or now, located) for Evyonne on WS. Does she have one and I'm missing it? Thought I had seen it before.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back