Bugging devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KC better watch out if she talks in her sleep hehehehe we may find out the truth after all. All of that note writing has got to be stressful....the roof's going to blow soon

Umm, if they wanted to know everything she said, wouldn't there just be a recording device in her ankle bracelet? It does have a dedicated phone line that it connects to periodically, so no need to "tap" the house.

Or when they had "security" put in, have a court order to have all conversations bugged.

many, many ways to this!

I guess it is possible but I really think the LE is going to mind their p's and q's on this one....No one, not the public and certainly not LE wants to see "The Mother of the Year" walk.....

That is the question posed over at www.wftv.com in one of their articles. Maybe casey is afraid to talk at home at all because the home may be bugged.

Well Casey, I have news from you. Maybe Jose Baez's office is bugged too. You don't think LE would tell anyone do you? LE probably got an order from the judge to bug anywhere you may hang out. So there!

They can't do that at his office as others have said. To bad though, I bet they would get an ear full!

Caseys leaving each day so she can have her freedom and do what she wants at the lawyers office.
Side note; My friend just got treated worse than Casey by LE and court over an old 60 dollar credit car bill he forgot to pay. (Im serious).
Caseys laughing at all of us and its disguisting.

Biaz looked like he was blushing when they walked out of his office today. As man crazy as she is I wonder if there is more going on between them...just wondering.

Oh...and this is something I'm licking my chops about. I do think, though, that JB provided the whole family with throwaway phones...but also remember LE walking out with some phones after Caylee was found. Wonder if they'll ever establish for us whether or not they were "real" phones.

Here's the bad news - yesterday I was back over in the new doc dumps perusing the text messages when I ran across the doc that tells about the phone device that was placed on the A's phone. The last sentence on the page read something to the affect of "no evidence came from it". I thought, "that stinks". Reference below in Post #93.

When I first saw the report that explains the tap thing, I never noticed that last sentence. That is why we have to read every line which is tedious. I mean something like that should be in bold red letters or something. It's hard to believe nothing came from it. Guess the A's were very careful.

PLEASE SEE MY POST BELOW WITH REFERENCES. THANKS.

Official Docs thread, Post 178 dtd. 8/7/09

Go to All Casey Anthony Discovery Documents which links to OrlandoSentinnel. Then click on August 7, 2009.

On page 8 of Supplemental Report MBL 08V 230 (1/28/09) it states the following:

On August 21, 2008 ... Pen Register and Trap and Trace Device on several subject telephones. ....were ordered SEALED and kept by OCSO ..... the Pen Registers determined no information of evidentiary value. See Exhibit K.

All the way down to page 302 is the doc that says who the Pen Registers were ordered for and they were: Anthony home, CA cell, GA cell, LA cell, DG/JG cell and AL. They were ordered August 21, 2008. This page is on paper headed (upsidedown on bottom of page) "Sex Crime Child Abuse" P.01.

Go to All Casey Anthony Discovery Documents which links to OrlandoSentinnel. Then click on August 7, 2009.

On August 21, 2008 ... Pen Register and Trap and Trace Device on several subject telephones. ....were ordered SEALED and kept by OCSO ..... the Pen Registers determined no information of evidentiary value. See Exhibit K.

All the way down to page 302 is the doc that says who the Pen Registers were ordered for and they were: Anthony home, CA cell, GA cell, LA cell, DG/JG cell and AL. They were ordered August 21, 2008. This page is on paper headed (upsidedown on bottom of page) "Sex Crime Child Abuse" P.01.

I wonder if those were actual taps so they could hear conversations,or just traces ,so they could know who everyone was talking to [or where they were,as in pings].If it was a tap it seems like they could overhear conversations with attorneys ,which would be a no no.

I wonder if those were actual taps so they could hear conversations,or just traces ,so they could know who everyone was talking to [or where they were,as in pings].If it was a tap it seems like they could overhear conversations with attorneys ,which would be a no no.

Good point, MissJames!

It got me thinking though. How do they handle it when they are listening in on someone and they do speak to an attorney? Certainly this situation has occurred before.

Good point, MissJames!

It got me thinking though. How do they handle it when they are listening in on someone and they do speak to an attorney? Certainly this situation has occurred before.

i believe they cannot use anything that is between lawyer and client that would be why there were sooooo many days that KC was at JB's office for sooooo many hours.....

but i guess you all know that already....sorry to just jump in

i believe they cannot use anything that is between lawyer and client that would be why there were sooooo many days that KC was at JB's office for sooooo many hours.....

but i guess you all know that already....sorry to just jump in

Funny you should mention that. Yesterday I listened to the conversation from the visit GA made to the jail on August 3, 2008. KC told GA, "I want to be home and be stuck in the house so nobody can talk to me." (around 16 min. mark pt. 1 Jail visit released 12/4/08)

I'm thinking "That didn't happen." "You're so full of it." etc, etc. Then GA begins explaining to KC that the situation they're in is worse than loosing a dog or a cat - the ultimate bad thing.:waitasec: Oh really? GA felt he needed to explain that to KC. Weird.

Quoting self to point out a nuance then going to read up on pen registers and trap and trace devices.

Notice it says "pen registers determined no..." it does not include trap and trace device in the statement.:eek: Someone once pointed out that documents can be worded in ways to conceal the obvious (to protect evidence), etc. Could this be the case here? Maybe the traps and trace devices HAVE gathered helpful info.

Notice it doesn't say phone tap - just pen register, traps and traces.

NOW THIS IS A DIFFERENT TOPIC FROM GA's GUN - see how this happens?

Quoting self to point out a nuance then going to read up on pen registers and trap and trace devices.

Notice it says "pen registers determined no..." it does not included trap and trace device in the statement.:eek: Someone once pointed out that documents can be worded in ways to conceal the obvious (to protect evidence), etc. Could this be the case here? Maybe the traps and trace devices HAVE gathered helpful info.

Notice it doesn't say phone tap - just pen register, traps and traces.

NOW THIS IS A DIFFERENT TOPIC FROM GA's GUN - see how this happens?

Thanks Woe.be.gone! I actually didn't know too much about what those terms meant, and I was thinking phone tap. I looked up some info about Pen Registers:

A device which records or decodes electronic or other impulses which identify the numbers dialed or otherwise transmitted on the telephone line to which such device is dedicated.

A pen register is similar to a trap and trace device. A trap and trace device would show what numbers had called a specific telephone, i.e. all incoming phone numbers. A pen register rather would show what numbers a phone had called, i.e. all outgoing phone numbers. The two terms are often used in concert, especially in the context of Internet communications. They are often jointly referred to as "Pen Register or Trap and Trace devices," to reflect the fact that the same program will probably do both functions in the modern era, and the distinction is not that important. The term 'pen register' is often used to describe both pen registers and trap and trace devices.

from [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_register"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pen_register[/ame]

I was thinking "phone tap" as in, recording conversations. That's not what they did, so I guess it makes my earlier question pointless.

Thanks Tuffy. Saved me a step. Now back to those pay as you go phones. Could the A's have gotten around all the traps and traces by using those? Surely LE is aware of that type of thing. :eek:

The A's would have been careful. It is a given that all conversations and phone calls from their home would be scrutinized under the circumstances. Their lawyer & JB would have told them so.

As far as attorney/client privilege, no good lawyer is going to discuss sensitive criminal matters on the telephone. The lawyer would specifically shush up any conversation going in that direction and instruct the client to talk about it ONLY in his office.

Thanks Tuffy. Saved me a step. Now back to those pay as you go phones. Could the A's have gotten around all the traps and traces by using those? Surely LE is aware of that type of thing. :eek:

Did I read somewhere that JB gave all the As that kind of phone, or did I imagine that? I know there was some statement about being careful, there might be bugs.

The A's would have been careful. It is a given that all conversations and phone calls from their home would be scrutinized under the circumstances. Their lawyer & JB would have told them so.

As far as attorney/client privilege, no good lawyer is going to discuss sensitive criminal matters on the telephone. The lawyer would specifically shush up any conversation going in that direction and instruct the client to talk about it ONLY in his office.

So LE knows this too. LE must go through all the effort just to disable the family so-to-speak - make it hard for them to communicate. Or, in the hope that something would slip through - an incoming call that might shed light on the situation.

Did I read somewhere that JB gave all the As that kind of phone, or did I imagine that? I know there was some statement about being careful, there might be bugs.

I don't know. I don't remember that but so much for pen registers, traps and traces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member