Bullying Victim Fights Back

Lou Cyper

Reaction score
This video was doing the rounds on Facebook earlier today where an overweight young lad was being assaulted and finally snaps and gives his tormentor what for. Youtube keeps deleting it but someone has set up a website with the video:

http://www.caseyheynes.com/the-video/

This scene brings back some painful memories as it's similar to a few incidents I was the victim of in school. The difference here is that I wasn't physically big enough to provide the conclusion we see here.

The thing that impresses me with this young bloke is the fact he just tolerates it up to a point and issues the body slam and walks off without continuing. Although I hate violence, this seems to be one of those times where it's justified.

The galling thing is, of course the school didn't punish the instigator, they suspended the victim.

TMZ states that the aggressor was suspended for 21 days while the victim just 4 - and surprisingly, the aggressor's leg was not broken...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/15/australian-bully-video-school-suspension/

I agree tho, I cannot stand violence, but he did try to put up with it before he acted. Better tho if he had just walked away, toward a teacher or another adult... but I guess we all have our breaking point.

The little pizzzzzzzzer asked for it, worked for it, begged for it and finally got what he deserved. The bully got 4 days suspension and the one who fought back got 21 days suspension. :waitasec: Maybe this bully will never attempt to bully again.:great:

I was horribly bullied in the seventh grade. One day, as one of the boys were bothering me, he grabbed my breast - I knocked his head against the brick wall hard enough to hear a thud. He never bothered me again. I am anti-violence, and a pacifist, but sometimes instincts kick in. I'm not exactly happy I did it, but I do appreciate the results.

I really like how Casey walked away afterwards. Good for him - he did what he had to do, and went no further; no taunting, no further violence. He treated that kid better than that bully treated others, IMO.

Hopefully, he won't be put in that position again.

That's just not fair or right that defending yourself gets you in more trouble than the agressor. That skinny kid was punching the bigger one.

That's what I would EXPECT some little bully to get. You cannot expect boys to just take that kind of stuff and not fight back - sheesh! That's why bullies bully - because they can.

TMZ states that the aggressor was suspended for 21 days while the victim just 4 - and surprisingly, the aggressor's leg was not broken...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/15/australian-bully-video-school-suspension/

I agree tho, I cannot stand violence, but he did try to put up with it before he acted. Better tho if he had just walked away, toward a teacher or another adult... but I guess we all have our breaking point.

BBM

I read this as saying the bully (the littler kid) got 21 days, while the body slammer got only 4.

I haven't looked for a better source, though.

Oh you're right - TMZ is not a good source?? lol. They are actually probably pretty good but it's not exactly a news source. Gotta love Harvey though.

Oh you're right - TMZ is not a good source?? lol. They are actually probably pretty good but it's not exactly a news source. Gotta love Harvey though.

The only issue I have with them is they seem to value speed over accuracy, so it's likely best to take a grain of salt with their "breaking exclusives."

Body differences are unfortunately one of the easiest targets for bullies-it makes me crazy. Kids grow differently-who are the parents that are immune to their children characterizing people simply by something like body type or skin color or noses or striped vs plaid shirt...

Now you have me curious though-who is considered the aggressor here?

Like WhyA's experience, in my school there was something called nipping, where boys grabbed and twisted girls breasts. It was charming, not. Never happened to me, but I was always ready if it would have...I have older brothers and I knew how to fight. I would go crazy, however, if I witnessed it. I wish I had recommended WhyA's self defense techniques to my friends.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the big kid! I hope his mother treats him like he's on VACATION for the days he's suspended. He deserves one for having to put up with that miserable little gnat.

I am wonder if the gimpy wimp that was slammed learned something in school that day? I hope so cause, he was an idiot.

the bully has got to have one heck of a lump and bruise on his shin. Serves his little behind right.

You know, everyone says violence isn't the answer... but honestly, I'm starting to believe that when it comes to bullies... it just may be.

I bet that scrawny little punk would of never done anything like that if he and Casey(?) were alone.

And for anyone who says they were both wrong, that is most definitely not true. Casey(?) was protecting himself. He was physically assaulted FIRST.

So here it is... my GOOD FOR YOU CASEY! I'm glad you stood up for yourself. And I bet kids are going to think twice before screwing with you again!

~<3~ a former victim of bullies

Since I have 4 teenagers at home, bullying comes up alot in my house. I tell my kids about Phoebe Prince. Show them videos, anything to show them the pain bullying causes. I wasnt sure they really fully listened until last school year, my youngest son, who is much smaller than most of his peers, but popular because he is an athlete, came home and told me the saddest thing.

There was an overweight girl on the bus. He said she would always sit near the driver, but kids still picked on her. He said she had no friends, and always kept to herself. The kids were ruthless. After telling him about Phoebe, he came home a few days later, and said that the bullies were telling her to go kill herself, nobody likes her, throwing things at her hair. Just horrible. I asked him what he thinks should happen. He felt like telling a teacher or principal would get nowhere (dont even get me started on the administration at that school, thank God we moved). I told him to think about it.

The next day he came home and told me that he sat next to her on the bus. When the bullies asked my son to come back and sit with them, he said NO WAY. He wanted to make sure the girl wasnt being picked on. Even if he stood to lose a few buddies. He said the bullies stopped for the most part. I did call the school bus providers to let them know what was happening on their bus. But my son doesnt know that. And he doesnt need to. He became a hero to me that day. And he and the girl are still facebook buddies even though we moved to a different state.

And now today, watching this video, I have a new hero. Good for that boy! I hope that ruthless bully comes back after his 21 day suspension and gets reminded by his peers every single day. And i hope the bullied hero gets many new friends.

waughx6, your son is amazing. You've got a good boy there... :)

He not only made a stand for someone else, but he could have quite possibly helped change or save her life. It's really easy for kids to fall into that pack mentality... but he made the right decision. He put himself on the line for someone else... There's no doubt in my mind that he'll grow up to be a great man.

waughx6, your son is amazing. You've got a good boy there... :)

He not only made a stand for someone else, but he could have quite possibly helped change or save her life. It's really easy for kids to fall into that pack mentality... but he made the right decision. He put himself on the line for someone else... There's no doubt in my mind that he'll grow up to be a great man.

Thanks JL! He made me proud that day for sure. I came across this about the victim. He is being dubbed "The gentle giant":)

The kids recording the incident were looking to humiliate what they thought would be an easy target. They thought, “We’ve done this for years. Why haven’t we made his humiliation reach a wider audience?” “Imagine how awesome our friends will think we are.” “This will be great! He won’t fight back, we are clearly his betters.”
But the gods were listening.....more at link.

http://www.caseyheynes.com/a-tribute-to-a-gentle-giant/#more-144

:maddening: My ten year old grandson has a mild form of autism. He is an honor student and was lately voted most valuable player on a basketball team. A church sponsored the teams and worked with children of all kinds. My grandson's biggest hurdle was to learn that it was ok to take the ball from the opposing team mates. He loves people and is very witty and loved by many. My daughter called me first thing this morning, crying, upset that as soon as she came home from working a double shift late last night she learned that for the fifth time in the past year a pack of four boys have attacked my grandson and beat him. This occurred at an afterschool program at the Boys and Girls Brigade. The administrator always gives the song and dance that they do not tolerate "bullying" and will check into the incident. The only actions I have seen thus far is that the aggressive attackers are suspended for a short time and the victim is also suspended for a short time. I will never forget reading the very first report made when my grandson was suspended for three days. Actual wording: After J was knocked to the ground and several boys kicked him three times in the stomach and multiple times in the face, J struck back and hit one of the boys. Because J (my grandson) finally defended himself, he was punished equally with the bullies. My daughter would not let me get involved at that time. She met with the administrator and heard the same ole song and dance line that they would not tolerate bullying. That was four bullying incidents ago. Well, this time my daughter has asked me to meet her at the facility at 3:00 pm today to talk with the administrator again. I'm trying very hard to control my temper at this time and it is going to be very difficult to wait for my daughter to get off of work and to meet at 3:00 pm. I have zero tolerance for bullying. Add that stance to the fact that I have zero tolerance for anyone bulling my very own grandson. I would appreciate any suggestions or recommendations for how I should approach this situation.:maddening::maddening::maddening:

I'm wondering if the rest of the pack received any punishment for their involvement. They were encircling the victim and videoing the abuse. They are equally as guilty as the pizzzer who struck the victim.

Good for him! Looked like one of the boys tried to confront him after, and that girl pushed him back... after Casey (I assume thats his name based on website?) walked away, that boy walked around the girl and followed. I assume everything turned out all right since it was all updated with the suspension info.

My son is currently the shortest kid in his class. To boot, he has red hair, which is pretty much an open invitation to other kids to pick on him (in their eyes, anyway). He's already been picked on by some 4th graders (he's a 1st grader), until I got a note home that he punched one of them in the face. He didn't get in trouble for it (I'd have been livid, I've been complaining about the 4th graders for weeks prior, and even talked to the principal) so that's good. And so far, I haven't heard of any other incidents, so I hope they leave him alone now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back