BURKE did it, and WHY the Ramseys covered up -an Opinion

Jennifer said:
I haven't posted anything on websleuths since the Laci Peterson case, but this is an interesting theory. I've never really thought Burke did it, but... What if it wasn't EA that Burke was trying to mimick, but instead just the "choking game" that over the last few years has been in the news several times because of causing the death of young children. Maybe he and JonBenet were playing, and she passed out, but he couldn't get the rope off her neck.

If this happened, she could have even still been alive. Maybe John or Patsy found out at this point, and realized she would be "neurologically devastated" from the oxygen depravation, and decided they couldn't have their beauty queen be a vegetable, especially with Patsy's precarious health, so they either finished choking JonBenet to death or hit her over the head and placed the garrote to make it appear a child molester was responsible. The rest was a jumbled mix of staging based on their thought patterns of staging what kind of person would do this, including the ransom note to stall the police, and give them time to get friends over, contaminate the crime scene, move Burke out of the house,etc.
Thank you, Jennifer, for pointing out to me that I have been, erroneously, using "the choking game" and erotic asphyxiation interchangeably. There is a difference. The objective of the choking game is to get "high" without drugs. And the objective of EA is to intensify an organism.

In this case, it seems to me that there is a sexual objective - either molestation, masturbation, or experimentation -- because of the presence of pieces of the paint brush handle. That's what's so confusing about this. The victim appears to have died during EA, which is sexual in nature. But could such young children understand the complexities of breathe control and organism? I think not. I think Burke saw adults doing this; had no idea about the objective of EA, and was simply "acting out" the physical activity. And he simply choked her to death. He didn't know when to stop. He hadn't the concept that she could die. My opinion is that he had seen this done before; nobody got hurt, they seemed to enjoy it; he wanted to be like the grownups.

I can't explain the bash on the head. Perhaps she convulsed, and he hit her on the head to make her stop. I don't hold with the theories that her head injury could have been done by falling, or hitting a wall. It looks to me like something small and rectangular-shaped, bashed in her skull. Like a golf club -- but I don't know if a golf club would be substantial enough to cause the damage. It seems like a baseball bat would have made a bigger indention.

Your scenario is a possibility. But personally I don't think either parent could have killed their daughter, even if it were a mercy killing, as you suggest.

In my opinion, these parents would have opted to do whatever they could to save the life of their daughter -- so I am sticking to my theory that JonBenet was already dead when her parents found her (the first time--in the middle of the night). Then they started the cover-up.

I agree it would be unlikely that John or Patsy would actually kill JonBenet. I just have a hard time believing that the would find her dead and cover it up.

I think it would be extremely unlikely Burke witnessed EA in person, maybe he found a video, but I just think it is more likely he would be trying to pass out for the high. My thoughts on the choking game are that it was something that Burke and JonBenet could have been doing, with the sexual abuse being part of the coverup to divert attention away from Burke. In other words, how could anyone suspect a nine year old of this crime? Like I said, I've never thought it could be possible that Burke killed JonBenet, because I didn't see why the parents would cover for him, especially considering the anger/grief they would be feeling, but if it was a "game" gone horribly wrong, I think it's possible.

If Burke had been playing a choking game with JonBenet, and its difficult to see why, since the high is meant for him not JonBenet, then JonBenet's resulting death is an accident not a homicide, furthermore at that point in time Burke was beneath the age of criminal responsibility!

This EA choking stuff is nonsense, take a look at the autopsy pictures, view the abrasions and contusions that are below the ligature, these are not the consequence of any game!

Also why are you so enthusiastic to blame Burke and not either of the parents?

MysteryAddict said:
The evidence doesn't suggest Burke did it!

How would he have obtained fibers from the sweater his
Mother was wearing that night to entwine in the garotte?

How did he place a fiber from his Father's shirt in his
sister's underpants?

Poor kid, his sicko parents killed his sister and they would
rather he remain under suspicion than confess.
To Mystery Addict (and anyone else who can help):

You recall I asked you to please provide your source of information on the above statements.

With all due respect, if there is evidence which states that fibers from Patsy’s red sweater were found entwined in the knot of the cord around JonBenet's neck, or that fibers from John's shirt were found in her underwear, please show me the links.

Since you haven't replied to my request to substantiate your claims, I am assuming you have conceded that these were rumors, and not facts about these particular fibers.

UKGuy said:
If Burke had been playing a choking game with JonBenet, and its difficult to see why, since the high is meant for him not JonBenet, then JonBenet's resulting death is an accident not a homicide, furthermore at that point in time Burke was beneath the age of criminal responsibility!

This EA choking stuff is nonsense, take a look at the autopsy pictures, view the abrasions and contusions that are below the ligature, these are not the consequence of any game!

Also why are you so enthusiastic to blame Burke and not either of the parents?

Exactly -- that is what I am hoping to show by explaining my theory that Burke had witnessed EA being practiced by adults.

To make a small correction, I am speculating that Burke was "trying" to copy erotic asphyxiation (EA) -- not the "choking game." The choking game gives a high to the person being choked. EA gives heightened organism to the person being choked. Of course, Burke didn't know this subtle difference. He was acting out the behavior. He had no idea of how it worked. He simply strangled his sister, duplicating what he had seen done with impunity.

You asked a good question -- Why would the parents go to such drastic lengths to protect Burke since his age was protection enough?

That's my point. The Ramseys were actually protecting themselves from serious charges of neglect and abuse of their children. They knew the child/children were simply experimenting because of what the child/children had seen. The parents went to great lengths to keep this from getting out.

You asked why I am so enthusiastic to blame Burke and not either of the parents?

I am not blaming Burke. Yes, I believe he killed his sister, but he didn't INTEND to kill her. He was the victim here, also. It is children's natural tendency to copy adults and simulate what they see.

And, of course, I AM blaming the parents. I am proposing for consideration: What they did to Burke and ultimately, to JonBenet, was the crime. They abused these children by allowing them to be exposed to EA, either by commission or omission.

No adults should ever allow children to be around people known to be sexual deviates. No parents should allow children to go into the homes of people where the parents know such deviate sexual practices might be going on. The behavior of the parents indicate to me that they WERE GUILTY OF SOMETHING and they were protecting themselves by obstructing justice.

I've considered, what if when they found JonBenet's body in the middle of the night, they asked Burke "What were you doing?" and what if he said "I was doing what I saw X and Y doing, etc. etc." Let's say for argument's sake that this came as a complete surprise to the parents. In that case, I think the Ramsey's would have allowed Burke to explain that to the police -- because surely Patsy and John would have wanted to stop whoever exposed their son to this perversion. But, no, the Ramsey's took another route -- to lie, obstruct justice, and destroy evidence.

This is ONLY my theory to explain why the TRUTH was concealed. It seems to me that LE could get to the truth if they would pursue an investigation into every adult who had contact with the Ramsey children, and inquire about their knowledge/familiarity with erotic asphyxiation (EA).

Incidentally, I propose that the false 9-1-1 call is someway connected to what Burke witnessed and what, on the night of December 25, Burke was "trying out" on his sister. Whoever dialed 9-1-1 was considerably disturbed about something. I don't think it was an accident or a coincidence.

If this explanation of how JonBenet came to be murdered is true, some day it will come out. At some time in Burke's life, perhaps after the passing of his father, he will tell what happened.

i_dont_chat said:
To Mystery Addict (and anyone else who can help):

You recall I asked you to please provide your source of information on the above statements.

With all due respect, if there is evidence which states that fibers from Patsy’s red sweater were found entwined in the knot of the cord around JonBenet's neck, or that fibers from John's shirt were found in her underwear, please show me the links.

Since you haven't replied to my request to substantiate your claims, I am assuming you have conceded that these were rumors, and not facts about these particular fibers.

Sorry about that!

This information I have read so many times,
I thought it to be common knowledge.

Guess I was wrong.

I am completely aware of the old age of this thread, but I wanted to post. I am BDI and I found that most people completely dismiss this theory due to one simple reason: Burke was 9. They don't look past this suggestion because of his age--however, it was stated by, the coroner I believe, that a child Burke's size could easily have done the damage to JBR's skull.

Here is what I believe to have happened.

Sometime that day, perhaps during FW's party (not implicating FW, I think he is completely innocent and uninvolved), some of BR's friends began to "play doctor" with JBR. I think that this was a common thing they did, young kids being curious, but they led it to inappropriate levels. Therefore, to the point of molesting an unwilling JBR. That is how the unidentified male DNA was found on JBR's body; I do not recall reading about other kids being tested.

Then, they were leaving the party. I recall PR and BR recounting different stories, about whether JBR was carried or walked inside. I believe what BR said, about JBR napping in the car and walking inside. I think that, during his interview, small truths seeped through the cracks. I think she walked inside, was a bit more reenergized and didn't want to go to bed.

I think, at that point, BR and JR were assembling the toy, and PR was packing, just as they said. But the toy was finished being assembled, and the parents wanted the children to get some rest. Burke went to bed willingly, but read/played a game under his blankets with the flashlight. JBR went to bed, but she was still antsy and wanted to talk to Burke. So, she went into BR's room to play. She told him she was hungry, and he led her downstairs to give her pineapple he got from the fridge. They shared the snack, and then they returned to Burke's room. She was lonely/cold, she wanted to cuddle. So, they cuddled, which led to BR molesting JBR. She began to scream a horrible, awful scream, so he hit her head with the nearby flashlight, and she went quiet. PR and JR came running, and they found JBR lying there with a horrible depression in her head. Realizing what he did, Burke may have evacuated his bowels (if it was his soiled pajama bottoms--forgive me, my memory's a bit foggy).

JR knew that JBR would have been brain dead at that point, after checking her eyes for movement with the same flashlight. PR instantly knows this can't happen. She has cancer, and she can't lose 2 children (unaware of the CO laws protecting 9year-olds). So, JR brings JBR down to the basement to stage the crime scene, leaving PR to console BR. After he has fashioned the garrote, he calls Patsy into the kitchen to write the ransom note with her left scene. They rewrite it, hence the "rough draft" or whatever wording they used.

The act is hidden deep within Burke's subconscious, and for a long time, he forgets what he did. I wonder when/if he remembers it.

(This is all MOO, of course).

I am completely aware of the old age of this thread, but I wanted to post. I am BDI and I found that most people completely dismiss this theory due to one simple reason: Burke was 9. They don't look past this suggestion because of his age--however, it was stated by, the coroner I believe, that a child Burke's size could easily have done the damage to JBR's skull.

Here is what I believe to have happened.

Sometime that day, perhaps during FW's party (not implicating FW, I think he is completely innocent and uninvolved), some of BR's friends began to "play doctor" with JBR. I think that this was a common thing they did, young kids being curious, but they led it to inappropriate levels. Therefore, to the point of molesting an unwilling JBR. That is how the unidentified male DNA was found on JBR's body; I do not recall reading about other kids being tested.

Then, they were leaving the party. I recall PR and BR recounting different stories, about whether JBR was carried or walked inside. I believe what BR said, about JBR napping in the car and walking inside. I think that, during his interview, small truths seeped through the cracks. I think she walked inside, was a bit more reenergized and didn't want to go to bed.

I think, at that point, BR and JR were assembling the toy, and PR was packing, just as they said. But the toy was finished being assembled, and the parents wanted the children to get some rest. Burke went to bed willingly, but read/played a game under his blankets with the flashlight. JBR went to bed, but she was still antsy and wanted to talk to Burke. So, she went into BR's room to play. She told him she was hungry, and he led her downstairs to give her pineapple he got from the fridge. They shared the snack, and then they returned to Burke's room. She was lonely/cold, she wanted to cuddle. So, they cuddled, which led to BR molesting JBR. She began to scream a horrible, awful scream, so he hit her head with the nearby flashlight, and she went quiet. PR and JR came running, and they found JBR lying there with a horrible depression in her head. Realizing what he did, Burke may have evacuated his bowels (if it was his soiled pajama bottoms--forgive me, my memory's a bit foggy).

JR knew that JBR would have been brain dead at that point, after checking her eyes for movement with the same flashlight. PR instantly knows this can't happen. She has cancer, and she can't lose 2 children (unaware of the CO laws protecting 9year-olds). So, JR brings JBR down to the basement to stage the crime scene, leaving PR to console BR. After he has fashioned the garrote, he calls Patsy into the kitchen to write the ransom note with her left scene. They rewrite it, hence the "rough draft" or whatever wording they used.

The act is hidden deep within Burke's subconscious, and for a long time, he forgets what he did. I wonder when/if he remembers it.

(This is all MOO, of course).

Fleet White Jr: "Do you wanna play this game again?"
Burke: "No, we already played it. I wanna do something else."
Fleet White Jr: "Well, what do you wanna do?"
Burke: "I know what we can do. We can pull down my sister's pants and put things in her twat."

The autopsy showed evidence of some probable ongoing molestation of JonBenet and I wanted to put forth the possibility that whether or not Burke was molesting her, both of them could have been molested by someone. I worked in the school system for a number of years (primary school grades) and the very young children who got in trouble for saying or even trying to do sexual things to other young children at school were often found to be victims of molestation themselves. If Burke had experienced this, it would explain some of his behavior. The interest at an early age in sexual relations, possible experimentation beyond what most young kids do, etc. Unfortunately, from my past work and also from my own family history, incest and sexual molestation has a tendency to pass down at times through generations. A young child is victimized and then begins to victimize other young children that he/she has easy access to. I can't say for sure if I think Burke was the one molesting JonBenet but I think someone was and I also think it's possible both children were victims (by either a family member or friend of the family). Sometimes as part of the "grooming" a child predator perpetrates is the showing of erotic materials to the child. It's possible someone showed Burke videos and, if he did indeed try these things out with JonBenet, maybe some of the videos involved erotic asphyxiation.

Fleet White Jr: "Do you wanna play this game again?"
Burke: "No, we already played it. I wanna do something else."
Fleet White Jr: "Well, what do you wanna do?"
Burke: "I know what we can do. We can pull down my sister's pants and put things in her twat."

What? Where is that from?

The autopsy showed evidence of some probable ongoing molestation of JonBenet and I wanted to put forth the possibility that whether or not Burke was molesting her, both of them could have been molested by someone. I worked in the school system for a number of years (primary school grades) and the very young children who got in trouble for saying or even trying to do sexual things to other young children at school were often found to be victims of molestation themselves. If Burke had experienced this, it would explain some of his behavior. The interest at an early age in sexual relations, possible experimentation beyond what most young kids do, etc. Unfortunately, from my past work and also from my own family history, incest and sexual molestation has a tendency to pass down at times through generations. A young child is victimized and then begins to victimize other young children that he/she has easy access to. I can't say for sure if I think Burke was the one molesting JonBenet but I think someone was and I also think it's possible both children were victims (by either a family member or friend of the family). Sometimes as part of the "grooming" a child predator perpetrates is the showing of erotic materials to the child. It's possible someone showed Burke videos and, if he did indeed try these things out with JonBenet, maybe some of the videos involved erotic asphyxiation.

Personally, I don't think the garrote was of Burke's making, though I could see how that would be possible. I do agree about them both possibly being molested. JonBenet went to doctors for infections frequently, and Burke had bedwetting issues, which, at that age, is not normal. Burke may have started molesting her after getting ideas from being molested.

I think the doctor knew that JonBenet was being molested, but was paid off by the Ramsey's to lie. It sounds like a stretch, but I could see it.

What? Where is that from?

It was in response to my theory of the unidentified male DNA found on JonBenet's body. They proposed a little script from my theory of it belonging to one of Burke's friends from the party that evening.

Just poppin in doing some reading.

You know , I never gave much thought to Burke doing this.
But, after reading some of your theories, I'm thinking maybe he did.

Springrain, your comment abt the foreign DNA-suggesting that it could have come from one of BR friends,
that's a good thought.

I've always thought it was Burke and his parents covered it up. I think he was sexually abusing JB and it went too far. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

The fact that BR has refused to speak with police the past few years is another red flag for me. I'm not buying the I-don't-know-anything-so-I-can't-help or the You-treated-my-parents-badly-so-I'm-giving-you-the-silent-treatment excuse, either.

The fact that BR has refused to speak with police the past few years is another red flag for me. I'm not buying the I-don't-know-anything-so-I-can't-help or the You-treated-my-parents-badly-so-I'm-giving-you-the-silent-treatment excuse, either.

Oh, of course it would be absolutely, positively 100% impossible he is not speaking because his father is still alive, wouldn't it?

Oh, of course it would be absolutely, positively 100% impossible he is not speaking because his father is still alive, wouldn't it?

Unless you think JR is going to strangle BR with cord if he speaks, yes. I'll be shocked if BR ever speaks the truth of his sister's death to anyone after JR passes, especially law enforcement. It would ruin his reputation whether he had anything to do with it or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back