Burke Ramsey Files 750 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get past the fact that Burke was on Dr. Phil prior to the CBS show and stated "I know people think I did it." Doesn't he himself then mitigate his damages when he states this? How can he then claim CBS has damaged his reputation? Is he now going to have to prove to what percentage CBS's show added to this concept? How do you calculate those damages? I think that the statement he made alone shoots this lawsuit it the foot to some degree.

I can't get past the fact that Burke was on Dr. Phil prior to the CBS show and stated "I know people think I did it." Doesn't he himself then mitigate his damages when he states this? How can he then claim CBS has damaged his reputation? Is he now going to have to prove to what percentage CBS's show added to this concept? How do you calculate those damages? I think that the statement he made alone shoots this lawsuit it the foot to some degree.

Jolamom,
Sure, you gotta be right, but LW will be hoping that settling out of court will be cheaper for CBS than a gamble on going to court?

Personally I do not think BR has a leg to stand on, he became a public figure by appearing on Dr Phil, never mind what he said.

So at the end of the day its down to whether the presiding judge or jury think BR's good reputation was damaged or libelled by CBS's claims, even though many here think the case is patently BDI never mind RDI, so want the case to go ahead to see what productions CBS put on the table.

[h=3]Amended Pleadings[/h]The court can give either party permission to file an amended pleading, which simply changes or expands on information provided in the original version of the document (an amended complaint might contain allegations not included in the original, and an amended answer might include affirmative defense not previously raised, for example).

Is this LW stretching the case out? It's the middle of the year and the case appears stationary?

16-012792-CZ Ramsey, Burke H , et al. v Spitz, Werner U.

06/21/2017
Motion to Amend, Filed
10/23/2017
Case Evaluation - General Civil
12/05/2017
Settlement Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Groner, David A.)

*****************************************************************************************
16-017577-CZ Ramsey, Burke v CBS Corporation , et al.

06/21/2017
Motion to Amend, Filed
06/28/2017
Motion Hearing (2:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Groner, David A.)
01/22/2018
Case Evaluation - General Civil
03/05/2018
Settlement Conference (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Groner, David A.)

Don't like that phrase Settlement Conference, although I do not fluent Legalese...Lin Wood does....

Don't like that phrase Settlement Conference, although I do not fluent Legalese...Lin Wood does....

I am not a lawyer but as far as I have heard the settlement conference is essentially a meeting to discuss possibly settling, not so much a confirmation of settling. In some cases such a meeting is mandatory.

I still have some hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramsey, Burke v CBS Corporation , et al.
Case No. 16-017577-CZ
06/21/2017
Motion to Amend, Filed
06/27/2017
Praecipe, Filed (Judicial Officer: Groner, David A. )
06/28/2017
06/28/2017
In law in the United States, a praecipe is a document that either
(A) commands a defendant to appear and show cause why an act
or thing should not be done;
or
(B) requests the clerk of court to issue a writ and to specify its contents.

https://www.justipedia.com/definition/4584/praecipe

Definition - What does Praecipe mean? A praecipe is a written order or request. In the form of an order, it directs a defendant to comply, or present a valid reason as to why they cannot or should not do so. If a request, it asks the court or court officer to complete a specific task.

[h=2]Justipedia explains Praecipe[/h]The word praecipe is a Latin term that is generally translated as "to command," or "give an order."
The circumstances under which a praecipe can be issued, and the way in which it is done, is dictated by federal, state or local law.
In general, praecipes submitted directly to a court clerk are requests related to routine matters such as scheduling trials or entering judgments. As such, these do not warrant a judge's attention. On the other hand, those sent directly to a judge are more complex, and require interpretation of the law.

It's true. Lin Wood has been busy

http://www.9news.com/news/investiga...nst-cbs-experts-in-jonbenet-special/379838922

KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven investigators involved in a TV special that aired in September and accused him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

The suit was filed in Michigan.

Do you think DA Stan Garnett is running up against the same thing DA Alex Hunter did? That there are minors involved and they can not be implicated. Do you think DA Alex Hunter hired Lou Smit to deflect the investigation so not to implicate the minors? Did DA Mary Lacy exonerate the Ramsey family so not to implicate minors under Colorado law. Is this also why the Grand Jury has not leaked anything implicating a minor?

Do you think DA Stan Garnett is running up against the same thing DA Alex Hunter did? That there are minors involved and they can not be implicated. Do you think DA Alex Hunter hired Lou Smit to deflect the investigation so not to implicate the minors? Did DA Mary Lacy exonerate the Ramsey family so not to implicate minors under Colorado law. Is this also why the Grand Jury has not leaked anything implicating a minor?

David Rogers,
We enter Alice in Wonderland territory here. Does the judge in BR's current litigation case know anything about the sealed stuff in the Grand Jury case?

Presumably the judge has to ignore prior findings as Colorado Minor Statutes will apply regardless whether the case is BDI, PDI or JDI?

So can we arrive at an outcome where everyone and their dog is satisfied the case is BDI, yet BR gets a big payout on the grounds his reputation has been trashed?

Note: BR is not advancing gratis anything regarding Christmas night, despite claiming his innocence, what gives?

16-017577-CZRamsey, Burke v CBS Corporation , et al.

https://cmspublic.3rdcc.org/default.aspx

06/28/2017 Motion Hearing (2:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Groner, David A.)
Result: Held
06/28/2017 Motion Hearing (2:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Groner, David A.)
Result: Held
07/17/2017 Review Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Groner, David A.)

Both Prosecutor Kane and ‘Doc’ Miller felt that the case had a chance for prosecution back in 1999. All the charges listed in the True Bills expired in 2004.

As you may or may not know Kolar, author of Foreign Faction, has a theory that BR was responsible for her death. Knowing that, it is noteworthy that later, well after the statute of limitations had run for charges involving the adults, he tried to introduce his theory of prosecution to DA Garnett. However, he and the DA were not able to connect to discuss how this case might be moved forward, in spite of the age of the underage male. (Keep in mind none of us know for sure what Kolar’s theory of prosecution was.)

AH was not known as a prosecutor who was up to the challenges of this case. Don Davis who co-authored the book IRMI with ST stated recently that AH was in way over his head. A similar viewpoint was contained in this exchange between Elisabeth Vargas and a veteran journalist:

ELIZABETH VARGAS: Last month, a newspaper column called Alex Hunter "the reluctant prosecutor." Veteran reporter Juliet Wittman outlined a sampling of cases not filed or undercharged.
JULIET WITTMAN: I think there's real fear and incompetence and laziness.

Does anyone know what firm is defending CBS or is it some in-house retainer arrangement?

looking for email contact

While I agree with the theory the CBS documentary hinted at, I agree completely with you; their Twitters seem a bit strangely political at times. Clemente apparently also thinks Amanda Knox is innocent :)facepalm:), so don't be surprised!
Remember the DA that prosecuted AK? Guess what he was waiting for while he was prosecuting her? To be prosecuted himself. For what? For railroading people. Have you ever heard of a prosecutor in the US continuing to do his job while waiting to go in trial himself?
Keep this in mind. Often our opinions are based on what we dont know. Not what we think we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53