Burlap and Forensics

Burlap is used by more than landscapers and garden supply outlets. Consider the various National, State and Municipal Park agencies in the Long Island area, they are always using burlap in their planting and gardening work. No doubt they have it in bulk.

Burlap and jute and similar products are used in a wide range of activities.

I mention the jute carpet backing because I didn't realize how much it resembles burlap. I imagine this stuff is easily bought in bulk from Home Depot or Lowes. It also ties to a method used by Robert Shulman, which points to my POI. I have found a lot of similiarities between Shulman's methods & the dismembered victims along OP & elsewhere. This jute mention was the first time I found a similarity between Shulman's victims & G4.

Jute carpet. Sharp tools and a van would be a carpet layer. Reminds me of old time mob hits. Rolling people up in carpets.

I think the burlap is part of his modus operandi which can change over time with experience. I think it served a purpose to move the bodies and to hide them. I don't think they have any other significance. If he has a signature, I think it has something to do with phones and calling people. If I were a betting woman, I would make a bet that this guy liked to make malicious prank calls when he was a kid or young adult.

As I was confused with the different terms, I did some research and came up with this,

BURLAP VS HESSIAN VS JUTE – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?

MAY 26, 2012 BURLAPBAGLADY 3 COMMENTS

I was confused by terms such as Hessian, Burlap and Jute. They seemed to be used interchangeably, but I wasn’t sure what the exact difference was. So I went to a reliable source in our digital world – Wikipedia.Wikipedia.com defines Hessian as follows:

(play /ˈhɛsi.ən/), or burlap in the US, is a woven fabric usually made from skin of the jute plant or sisal fibres, or may be combined with other vegetable fibres to make rope, nets, and similar products. Gunny cloth is similar.

Hessian, a dense woven fabric, has been historically produced as a coarse fabric, but more recently it is being used in a refined state known simply as jute as an eco-friendly material for bags, rugs, and other products.

The name “burlap” appears to be of unknown origin. The name “hessian” is attributed to the use of the fabric, initially, as part of the uniform of soldiers from the German state of Hessen who were called “Hessians.”

So it turns out they are all interchangeable.

I think the burlap is part of his modus operandi which can change over time with experience. I think it served a purpose to move the bodies and to hide them. I don't think they have any other significance. If he has a signature, I think it has something to do with phones and calling people. If I were a betting woman, I would make a bet that this guy liked to make malicious prank calls when he was a kid or young adult.

Excellent post, mysterattic! I also agree that Lisk used burlap because it served a purpose. I noted way up thread that although burlap can be found all over, few use it. I believe Lisk was familiar with and understood the benefits of using burlap which was more important than where burlap can be found.

Here is a picture of the discovery of one of the GB4 victims..To me the body in the burlap looks tiny so tiny I thought it looks like it must have been cut up before being placed in the bag. Also, when I blew the photo up on my laptop it looks like there is a piece of a black plastic bag sticking out of one corner of the burlap bag or wrap.I saved this onto my laptop awhile ago Ill see if I can find the link to the original picture.The original pic had other officers and a police dog and some of the landscape of Gilgo beach visible.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gilgo.jpg
    gilgo.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 272
Absolutely the phone is ocd for this killer and I agree he liked making prank phone calls in his younger days. Weirdo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Here is the link to the Daily mail article re the LI beach bodies which includes the above picture...I searched several different pages which include the above picture and they all say that the police are examining an object found on Jones Beach, not Gilgo, on Apr 11,2011...the police later revealed that this was the body/bones found at Jones beach in a black plastic bag on April 11,2011...However, when I blow up the picture it looks like there is burlap fabric on the object close to the officers feet....if it is burlap then that would mean that other victims other than the GB4 were buried with burlap and that would mean one killer is responsible for more than just the GB4 for sure .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ved-5th-victim-Jessica-Taylor-identified.html

Here is the link to the Daily mail article re the LI beach bodies which includes the above picture...I searched several different pages which include the above picture and they all say that the police are examining an object found on Jones Beach, not Gilgo, on Apr 11,2011...the police later revealed that this was the body/bones found at Jones beach in a black plastic bag on April 11,2011...However, when I blow up the picture it looks like there is burlap fabric on the object close to the officers feet....if it is burlap then that would mean that other victims other than the GB4 were buried with burlap and that would mean one killer is responsible for more than just the GB4 for sure .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ved-5th-victim-Jessica-Taylor-identified.html
Nice discovery cause u know we will not hear that from law enforcement. It may be written in a book 30-40 years from now.

I just wish I could see clearly enough to confirm 100 percent it's burlap on the bottom of the bag.. it reminds me of Remi telling Josh and Racheal that the police told him that Jessica Taylor was found in burlap after they publicly stated she was in a black plastic bag.
Nice discovery cause u know we will not hear that from law enforcement. It may be written in a book 30-40 years from now.

I just wish I could see clearly enough to confirm 100 percent it's burlap on the bottom of the bag.. it reminds me of Remi telling Josh and Racheal that the police told him that Jessica Taylor was found in burlap after they publicly stated she was in a black plastic bag.
Kali-the same thing about Jessica being found wrapped in burlap stays with me too. If the alleged corruption in local law enforcement is accurate, they could keep this case open forever. Thus, justifying their excuse that providing details to the public, about the case, can compromise the investigation. I have a feeling that REMI heard it right.

As I was confused with the different terms, I did some research and came up with this,

BURLAP VS HESSIAN VS JUTE – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?

MAY 26, 2012 BURLAPBAGLADY 3 COMMENTS

I was confused by terms such as Hessian, Burlap and Jute. They seemed to be used interchangeably, but I wasn’t sure what the exact difference was. So I went to a reliable source in our digital world – Wikipedia.Wikipedia.com defines Hessian as follows:

(play /ˈhɛsi.ən/), or burlap in the US, is a woven fabric usually made from skin of the jute plant or sisal fibres, or may be combined with other vegetable fibres to make rope, nets, and similar products. Gunny cloth is similar.

Hessian, a dense woven fabric, has been historically produced as a coarse fabric, but more recently it is being used in a refined state known simply as jute as an eco-friendly material for bags, rugs, and other products.

The name “burlap” appears to be of unknown origin. The name “hessian” is attributed to the use of the fabric, initially, as part of the uniform of soldiers from the German state of Hessen who were called “Hessians.”

So it turns out they are all interchangeable.

Dear Windsor I was curious about this to and found an answer from a sniper..I thought you would like this
http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/misc/338-jute-vs-burlap.html#/topics/338?page=1&_k=bd5e2b

I know what reason would he have to lie... I've heard people say on different forums "he's lying so that people don't think he possibly killed her so he saying she was found in burlap so that t people think she was killed by LISK" but that argument makes no sense he could lie but the police found the body and they would know whether she was found in burlap or not.. so Remi isn't protecting himself by saying she was found in burlap...I think that the police told him that she was in burlap and later for some reason they didn't want to release that info to the general public..
Kali-the same thing about Jessica being found wrapped in burlap stays with me too. If the alleged corruption in local law enforcement is accurate, they could keep this case open forever. Thus, justifying their excuse that providing details to the public, about the case, can compromise the investigation. I have a feeling that REMI heard it right.

I know what reason would he have to lie... I've heard people say on different forums "he's lying so that people don't think he possibly killed her so he saying she was found in burlap so that t people think she was killed by LISK" but that argument makes no sense he could lie but the police found the body and they would know whether she was found in burlap or not.. so Remi isn't protecting himself by saying she was found in burlap...I think that the police told him that she was in burlap and later for some reason they didn't want to release that info to the general public..
Jessica does not come through to me but my heart hurts when I sense the neglect she felt. I don't know much, if anything , about her early years but I sense a deeply felt neglect. Shannan has come through to me showing and telling me things about the killer and Melissa a bit too.

Jessica does not come through to me but my heart hurts when I sense the neglect she felt. I don't know much, if anything , about her early years but I sense a deeply felt neglect. Shannan has come through to me showing and telling me things about the killer and Melissa a bit too.

I mean this with no disrespect but are you psychic?

Here is a picture of the discovery of one of the GB4 victims..To me the body in the burlap looks tiny so tiny I thought it looks like it must have been cut up before being placed in the bag. Also, when I blew the photo up on my laptop it looks like there is a piece of a black plastic bag sticking out of one corner of the burlap bag or wrap.I saved this onto my laptop awhile ago Ill see if I can find the link to the original picture.The original pic had other officers and a police dog and some of the landscape of Gilgo beach visible.

attachment.php
I dont believe this is a picture of any of the GB4.

No it's not,I posted an update underneath the picture with a link.its a picture of the body found on April 11 2011 at Jones Beach.The picture can be found on several MSM media sites besides the link I posted.All the stories say it's an object found by police on April 11,2011 at Jones beach.Police later said a body was found on Jones beach April 11,2011. If you go back in the thread you'll see we were discussing it in regards to Jones beach.i made a mistake when I said it was GB4/Gilgo beach.

QUOTE=deedee21;13066779]I dont believe this is a picture of any of the GB4.[/QUOTE]

What annoys me the most......how can they have no forensic evidence. Crap they have a body found only after being missing 4 months. ....Amber...

Burlap is a course material. ....... what... no epithelial evidence for dna?.....no plant/soil/grain extracts. ....no ...mucuous...secretional...dna....

Lisk..is NOT coated in Bubblewrap...the loser has left some forensic mark that will lead willing investigators back to him.

NOW after Burkes incarceration. ..... all evidence should be re looked at.

Forgive me if this question has already been asked. Do we have any idea if the victims found on GB were dumped and left to decompose on sight or dumped after they decomposed? Also we we have any idea of the timing of the dumping? For instance was the burlap that Maureen was found in appear to be more decomposed than the bag that Amber was found in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back