CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting the Duggar vibe too, but with - perhaps - no spouse matches have been found for the older children so the kept the children perpetually young??

I'm trying to make sense of this...and really can't. I do suspect it will be a religious thing and they were very isolated.

Can anyone find out what the father did for a living?

jmo

Yes, there's a real vibe here of an abusive patriarch. Someone who must maintain control of every thought and action of every person in the household.

Documents at this link show the parents declared bankruptcy in 2011.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/davi...-perris-california-children-shackled-parents/

Some oddballs in this situation would have tried to find a way to cash in on their large family and highly unusual lifestyle via reality tv, a book or social media, but this family didn't. For some reason the parents (most likely the father) didn't want the public looking into their home life.

I have to wonder if something happened to one of the children (Rape by the father?), and the child and/or siblings threatened to tell someone what happened, and the parents in turn decided to chain/padlock and starve to keep them under further control.

That is the only thing I can think of right now but I can be - and hope - I am wrong.

I'll bet anything they will be adding sexual abuse to the list of crimes

When they filed bankruptcy in 2011 they only listed 3 dependents. Daughters aged 4, 6, and 7. Even though I can’t see their faces, I really expected more of the kids to be minors in 2011. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. You know how sometimes the planets align and Crazy meets Crazy and they become Super Crazy?
IMO this was a two-person wrecking crew. Just a gut feeling.

The bankruptcy docs showed he was an engineer for a govt contractor in 2011, making a gross salary of over $120k.

The bankruptcy docs showed he was an engineer for a govt contractor in 2011, making a gross salary of over $120k.

Maybe there was a total breakdown by one or both of the parents. I just can't imagine what happened! The mom certainly looks goofy in her mug shot! So, I guess I suspect it's more her than him. Honestly though I just don't know what to make of this! How could this happen with so many people let alone so many adults living under one roof? Baffling!

When they filed bankruptcy in 2011 they only listed 3 dependents. Daughters aged 4, 6, and 7. Even though I can’t see their faces, I really expected more of the kids to be minors in 2011. Hmm.

I wonder if all the children have birth certificates? If she had some of them at home, there may be no record of their birth. That might explain them saying their home was a day care center. I doubt other people were leaving their children there for day care, but you never know.

JMO as someone mentioned above, it sounds like the utilities may have been turned off (dark, smelly inside the home). Could be some of the older kids were just pushed too far and one called 911.

I wonder if they were losing their home due to financial difficulties.

I was thinking that may have been a wig at first, but the wedding dress looks different, too. I'll have to check on a bigger screen.

Her bridal bouquets are different colors. In 2016 the flowers were pink and in 2011 they were white. I think the wedding dresses are bit different also.

I wonder if all the children have birth certificates? If she had some of them at home, there may be no record of their birth. That might explain them saying their home was a day care center. I doubt other people were leaving their children there for day care, but you never know.

JMO as someone mentioned above, it sounds like the utilities may have been turned off (dark, smelly inside the home). Could be some of the older kids were just pushed too far and one called 911.

I wonder if they were losing their home due to financial difficulties.

I also wonder if some of the minors are her grandkids IYKWIM

$386,400 price shown for home on realtor.com (not currently for sale).
House was sold on 8/29/14 for $351,000.
One of them would need that kind of income, I would think, to have that expensive of a home.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/160-Muir-Woods-Rd_Perris_CA_92570_M26802-77329

Let's not forget, he is also the Principal of his own private school and I'd wager there are some kind of grant monies, at least tax breaks?, to that game.

I did see in a MSM article that one of the neighbors commented that they didn't even know kids lived there. Yet, in a photo of the home in my link above, it shows one of those big vans in the driveway.
I wonder how long ago they started keeping the kids captive?

Maybe there was a total breakdown by one or both of the parents. I just can't imagine what happened! The mom certainly looks goofy in her mug shot! So, I guess I suspect it's more her than him. Honestly though I just don't know what to make of this! How could this happen with so many people let alone so many adults living under one roof? Baffling!

That’s not her mugshot, it’s a pic of her from the Elvis vow renewal.

You think a woman would willing be a breeding cow for 13 kids like this? In that situation you really think the mother is pushing the agenda for more kids over and over and over and over?

Really wonder if the kids were "treated" with occasional trips as a reward for keeping things hushed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wow that one pic of each child wearing a THING shirt with their number on it freaks me the H*LL out!

The parents fb
https://www.facebook.com/davidlouise.turpin

I don't know what to say. Speechless.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Interesting. Wedding must have been a vow renewal, right? And what is up with all the pics of just them and the baby? And mom looks too old to have birthed that baby? I’m afraid to learn more.

But also in what looks like a normal suburban neighborhood with houses pretty close together, why didn’t the neighbors notice they weren’t seeing all those kids? I know how many kids live in the houses around me...

You think a woman would willing be a breeding cow for 13 kids like this? In that situation you really think the mother is pushing the agenda for more kids over and over and over and over?

Yes. I know a gal who just had her 9th child at age 48 a year ago, even going the in vitro method with this last one using eggs from her oldest daughter. Her oldest will be 29 this month. I have no doubt she'd have more if not for her age now.
She is VERY open about her only desire in life being a mom and wife. She is great at it, but it is her entire identity, by choice.

$386,400 price shown for home on realtor.com (not currently for sale).
House was sold on 8/29/14 for $351,000.
One of them would need that kind of income, I would think, to have that expensive of a home.
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/160-Muir-Woods-Rd_Perris_CA_92570_M26802-77329

Let's not forget, he is also the Principal of his own private school and I'd wager there are some kind of grant monies, at least tax breaks?, to that game.

I did see in a MSM article that one of the neighbors commented that they didn't even know kids lived there. Yet, in a photo of the home in my link above, it shows one of those big vans in the driveway.
I wonder how long ago they started keeping the kids captive?

Cruising around via google street view, it is the most modest house on the block. The two vehicles struck me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member