CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed all of that too. None of their voices sounded quite right. I realize people have different pitches but each voice sounded younger than it should coming from the children I saw (who each were most likely a lot older than they appear). Terrifying to think of what these kids went through. Those videos were downright painful to watch.

Their mother is very short though. Two of the girls are taller than her, in the 2012 pic w/Eeyore the Donkey. I went to school with some painfully thin kids, one, whose parents were painfully thin. I don't think they were overfeeding these kids at all, but idk about starving them. My daughter is short, but was of a normal weight. She was 19 when she had her first child, but looked 14. We got some stares.

When I first saw their mugshot the other day in the new - and it could be because of where I live - but it looks like the mother's on meth.

MOO

You know we had a case on here before with a teen who was confined, chained and tortured and we created a thread with personal messages to be delivered to him. Could we do something like that for these kids?

Something is there. Maybe years of abuse as they say here? In this report they are stating the oldest, the 29 year old, has the body of an underdeveloped 15 year old! https://www.yahoo.com/news/video/doctors-speak-abc-news-siblings-233321898.html

Whoa. Bail? Did they make bail? or did they talk to someone and give them the passwords to make changes?

I think it will be the LE in order to protect the children.

Mental and intellectual disabilities can’t be diagnosed on looks, and especially not based on photos. You are speculating about an abused victim here.

And I don't think anyone is diagnosing. Which is why she stated "don't ask me what". But I see something going on as well. And the doctors have confirmed they are terribly stunted.

I've never had public water and sewer but the $60 monthly listed in the bankruptcy papers seems low for a house with 15 people. Does that sound normal?

Newer story:

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2018/01/16/david/1036288001/

"One former neighbor on Saint Honore Drive in Murrieta, where the family lived before moving to Perris, said he often arrived home from work anywhere from 12:30 am to 3 am and he'd see the father loading up the kids in the van.

"I was wondering what they were doing with them at that time of the night," said Mike Clifford.

Clifford said he only thought there were about six children living there, the oldest appearing to be a 15-year-old boy. At the time, the group owned a pair of Mustangs – each with Texas license plates – and a van.

According to Clifford, his wife encountered two of the girls while they picked up mail at the community mailboxes across the street from the family's home. They dressed alike and spoke in a way that was "robotic."

It wasn't the only odd behavior he and his wife noticed. Occasionally, he saw children walking back and forth between rooms in front of the windows facing his house.

"They would march for hours in the middle of the night," Clifford said. "You could see them pass one window and come around."

Has anyone heard of a 9 million dollar bond for any other case? I think LE knows a lot more than they're ready to reveal.

Newer story:

"One former neighbor on Saint Honore Drive in Murrieta, where the family lived before moving to Perris, said he often arrived home from work anywhere from 12:30 am to 3 am and he'd see the father loading up the kids in the van.

"I was wondering what they were doing with them at that time of the night," said Mike Clifford.

Clifford said he only thought there were about six children living there, the oldest appearing to be a 15-year-old boy. At the time, the group owned a pair of Mustangs – each with Texas license plates – and a van.

According to Clifford, his wife encountered two of the girls while they picked up mail at the community mailboxes across the street from the family's home. They dressed alike and spoke in a way that was "robotic."

It wasn't the only odd behavior he and his wife noticed. Occasionally, he saw children walking back and forth between rooms in front of the windows facing his house.

"They would march for hours in the middle of the night," Clifford said. "You could see them pass one window and come around."

This is horrifying. No words.

Has anyone heard of a 9 million dollar bond for any other case? I think LE knows a lot more than they're ready to reveal.

Uk person here. what does it actually mean that, can someone explain it to me?

AS curious as I am, I'm not sure I'm ready for their revelations.

Newer story:

Okay...we're reaching a whole new level of weird.

My heart breaks for these kids. I have hope, though, that they will recover and thrive.

jmo

Their mother is very short though. Two of the girls are taller than her, in the 2012 pic w/Eeyore the Donkey. I went to school with some painfully thin kids, one, whose parents were painfully thin. I don't think they were overfeeding these kids at all, but idk about starving them. My daughter is short, but was of a normal weight. She was 19 when she had her first child, but looked 14. We got some stares.

This is pretty accurate. My parents are 5-7 (dad) and 5-3 (mom) and have always looked 10-ish years younger than they actually are. My dad was 21 when he married my mom, and he did not even have facial hair - people thought he was 14 or 15 because he looked so young and skinny! My brothers (college age) are MUCH taller than both my parents (think 5-10 or 5-11) and one of them is really really thin - I think he's about 125 pounds - almost to the point where people question whether he has an eating disorder. He eats fine and has no history of any disordered eating or dietary concerns other than that he chooses to be a vegetarian. Both my brothers' voices changed much later than their peers even though they are pretty tall, and they still don't sound like they are in their early 20's. I'm in my mid-20's and still often get mistaken for a young teen because I'm pretty thin and take after my dad in terms of height and weight. I don't think that this is the case with the Turpins, judging on that blue polo picture, but I do think that the lack of makeup and clothing choices on the older girls makes them look younger, and the boys (at least the oldest one) could just be naturally thin like my brother... Ugh I'm just praying that this is the case but I'm probably wrong :tantrum:

Uk person here. what does it actually mean that, can someone explain it to me?

I think (someone else correct me if I'm wrong) that if one of their friends fronts up with $9 million, the couple will be allowed out of jail until their court hearing. If they flee from justice, you lose your $9 million.
I very much doubt these two have any friends who would put up $90 to help them out, but an amount like $9 million sounds like LE doesn't want to risk any supporters giving them temporary freedom.

Facebook page has gone. Photos disappeared one by one as I was looking at them. Poof.

BTW, happily, I saved some of their photos, anticpating this could happen.

A wellness check from police you’re right, not CPS or APS. They really can demand to see the children. However, as shown by the Aleman case, parents can cover up pretty much anything and if they are reported by someone they just move somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can they demand all they want. They have zero legal authority to force people to allow them to see their children or enter their home, without actual evidence in some form of imminent harm to the kids. That is the law, that is my experience and those are the facts in California. I deal with this issue in my practice about once per year and i instruct my clients accordingly. There is not a damn thing CPS can do without adequate cause (except lie, as someone suggested).

But if the front door was opened to them and they smelled some of the foul smell they described when they found the children, would that have been enough to warrant further action? Could they have insisted on seeing all of the kids?

They can insist but without LE serving a warrant, they have no power. However. a very strong smell combined with other factors might be enough to obtain such a warrant.

CPS was called on us by a government agency because one of our underaged daughters was at a friend’s house for a sleepover (from the IP findings) and coerced by someone the girls thought was a contemporary to do disturbing things with her friends over video chat. It was not a contemporary and was disseminated in revolting internet circles. The reporting agency notified us that this had happened more than a year after it had happened and reported us to CPS a year after that because our child refused services. My daughter before that point still thought they had been chatting with a young boy. She herself refused victim services and she told the social worker just that. We still discuss regularly that counseling is available if she wants. Our social worker came unannounced, looked at bedrooms, the kitchen, kids and their homeschool schoolwork, talked to everyone and it was a case closed.

Any reasonable parent homeschooling or otherwise will let their house and children be viewed and evaluated by any person who wants to do so. When the parents don’t allow access or hide their children is a huge cause for concern across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never, ever allow someone form CPS to enter and inspect my home. What right do they have? I don't think that's reasonable at all.

If they were consistently low in Vitamin B12 it would affect their overall growth. I need B12 injections, and one of my breastfed children developed a deficiency as a baby that wasn't picked up until she became failure to thrive. She'd stopped gaining weight and was lethargic at 7 months old, but another significant symptom was that she stopped growing taller and there was a hollow in the back of her head, where those three skull bones are supposed to fuse. Famine-starved children do not stop growing taller, even when they lose weight, but a B12-starved child will almost immediately experience arrested growth. This makes me sound terribly negligent, but we just didn't know, and it was so easily fixed at 7 months old because we were WATCHING our child and consulting doctors the moment we thought something was wrong... Other symptoms of B12 deficiency (that a baby can't tell you) is that your mouth and throat are always sore, so my baby didn't want anything except familiar breast milk. Long term B12 deficiency can also affect emotional responses and the nervous system.
So I think they didn't eat much meat/ animal products, and didn't have the basic nutrition to grow and develop normally. The cut and style of those dresses would also seem designed to bind down/ camouflage even a little sign of breast development - they are definitely "little girl" dresses, rather than dresses worn by a small-breasted woman.

Other observations: I have a new respect for Elvis impersonators who take on clients like that and run with it. Those guys in the videos were all true professionals, helping the kids participate and never losing character for a minute with even a flicker of "Wow, these people are weird." Even in the world of Elvis Vegas weddings, this one would be out of the ordinary. The wedding video reminded me of a kid's party where you hire an entertainer who just takes control and everything goes seamlessly. Only the "kid" in question was the mother.

I noticed that the kids had trouble coordinating and singing (I choose to blame a B12 deficiency) but it also seemed to me that they didn't know the words to the songs. This seemed weird and sad to me too, because if the mother was so fixated on Elvis, surely she'd be playing the music regularly at home or in the car so the kids would know the words. There's another sad aspect to their childhood.

I am recalling a case in Australia where the father had a decent job and was well-respected yet behind the scenes the SAHM simply couldn't cope with 2 children and opted out. One child died when he cut his foot in the rubbish-infested house. While it seems a very different case, I think Louise was completely out of her depth and couldn't admit it, she couldn't deal with adult children so she consciously and unconsciously condemned them to an eternal childhood. She had a fantasy to fulfill and she was fixated on that. Now that sexual abuse seems to have been ruled out, my gut feeling is that she was the driving force behind this, and David didn't risk tarnishing his shining armour by taking the children's side. Although I think they both must be emotionally stunted to keep having babies to reinforce their own beautiful love story when they couldn't seem to interact normally with any of these kids. As someone else mentioned, there is no interaction with the children. Elvis came across as more of a loving parent than the two of them put together.
Again, it's Elvis who has finally got me crying in this. I just want to thank him for giving those little girls a moment of feeling special when he lined them up and told them to each step out into the chapel one at a time - those girls were beaming and they stopped for an individual photo in front of the camera and then kept going, just to blend into the background of their parents' fourth/ fifth special day. Elvis is probably the only one who ever treated any of those kids like an individual.

Ohman. That last bit made me tear up.

I have a B-12 deficiency. never knew because I eat meat. But one day a doctor decided to test me. (Last year). It changed my world. fatigue, difficulty concentration, anxiety and depression.

Makes me very sad for those kids thinking of them going through that.

But my dilemma is that some of these kids have height. They are taller than their mom. How is that possible if they were starved enough to delay or reverse puberty? I don;t really understand the science.

I have been following different threads on WebSleuths for years and this case has been the one to bring me to register. I MUST participate in this discussion. It's too disturbing to let this one go without a further look.
I've been fascinated with this case since the news broke here in Australia.

Request: I've seen a few people here mention that the 17-year-old escapee who alerted LE, took photographs with the phone before she ran. Can anyone please provide me with a source for this info (not the photographs) as I haven't read any further details in regards to that.

I am younger than a few of these victims and I cannot comprehend what suffering they have been through. Last night I went to bed feeling distraught but so, so grateful for my upbringing and safety. It may not have been perfect but it was not this.

Good post. :fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

Newer story:

"They would march for hours in the middle of the night," Clifford said. "You could see them pass one window and come around."[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'd be embarrassed, if I was him, to admit I saw that kind of thing going on and didn't bother to report it to anyone. What's wrong with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391