CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #13

Apparently they fostered the children for the money. Why weren’t these kids in intensive therapy after all they’ve been through? This is heartbreaking but also infuriating. Aren’t foster families vetted? I was, before I was able to take my foster CAT home.

In the Daily Mail article it says all 3 will be arraigned on Monday - I'm going to "assume" that means on 4/4/22.

edited to add - do you all think we need a new thread for these new charges? If so - I'll let a mod know.

The Turpin children, both adult and juvenile have one attorney, Jack Osborn. He has been speaking to the media on their behalf and giving updates since at least 2018. I now question anything he has said about them.

Turpin update: Kids doing well during coronavirus pandemic, attorney says

Lots of detail here (their ages, etc.):
What Happened To The Turpin Children? Where Are The Turpin Children Now? Know Turpin Children Names And Ages - News

The failure to act in the younger children's best interest concerns me. With extensive needs, they needed a specialized environment and plan for recovery for each individual child. Where is it?

Mr. Osborn needs to stop painting a rosy picture and child services needs to be sued for neglect. Since it is neglect compounded by enduring physical & emotional torture before placement, it rises to a higher level of culpability. In fact, his lack of oversight makes him inappropriate to handle the affairs of any of these victims IMO.

I'd like to see a federal investigation. The state of CA has failed miserably by not monitoring the monitors they put in place, such as the adult's apparently uncaring social worker.

Again I ask, where are the plans for helping each individual child of all ages recover? Who reviewed their adequacy and compliance. Being wards of the state has not been adequate to protect them and meet their needs.

Let Mr. Osborn explain how he sleeps at night knowing the state was likely to and has failed at least 12 of the 13? (I believe the youngest was said to have been in good health and adopted.)

The negligence of so many parties entrusted with these lives boggles the mind. But our outrage needs to be channeled into swift mitigation and criminal investigation into how this was handled from the first night of removal.

And again, why does Attorney Osborn, who has been involved since early in their rescue, continue to speak on their behalf and even lament their treatment when he is part of the negligence.

My own opinion only.

@Mica - you are the only one I know that has access to the Riverside County court site - can you look these up for me - and get the charges for all of them? Time of hearing - if it on Monday 4/4. TIA if you can! :)

I don’t have free access to the Riverside Court portal. What I have is access to the Riverside Jail Information Management System. It looks like I’m unable to get information without a date of birth for the offenders. I’m receiving a blank page when entering the names. Do you have the date of births for the three?

So this has been going on for months in the court system. So the first case is likely a different case ID than the current case? Maybe it's the same case? No idea. Riverside County charges a fee for access to public records. There looks like a free calendar search but you need a Dept No. and there is a long list of them.

Riverside Public Access 5.7.27

upload_2022-4-1_10-47-4.png

2 Turpin siblings molested by foster father: report

Snip
Marcelino Olguin, Rosa Olguin and Lennys Olguin were arraigned in December on charges of physically and psychologically abusing nine children, including five Turpin siblings, CBS News reported. All three pleaded guilty and were released on bail.

So this has been going on for months in the court system. So the first case is likely a different case ID than the current case? Maybe it's the same case? No idea. Riverside County charges a fee for access to public records. There looks like a free calendar search but you need a Dept No. and there is a long list of them.

Riverside Public Access 5.7.27

View attachment 338608

2 Turpin siblings molested by foster father: report

Snip
Marcelino Olguin, Rosa Olguin and Lennys Olguin were arraigned in December on charges of physically and psychologically abusing nine children, including five Turpin siblings, CBS News reported. All three pleaded guilty and were released on bail.

I believe this is a separate case - as they now have been charged with those different charges. I'm surprised they plead guilty on the above that you posted - and were released!!

There was that article that did say Monday would be arraigned - so I'm guessing it is on these new charges.

Maybe there will be more articles about this over the weekend. I'll keep checking.

I don’t have free access to the Riverside Court portal. What I have is access to the Riverside Jail Information Management System. It looks like I’m unable to get information without a date of birth for the offenders. I’m receiving a blank page when entering the names. Do you have the date of births for the three?

I just googled Marcelino Olguin and found this official court document. https://kesq.b-cdn.net/2021/12/Olguin-RIF2104700-complaint.pdf

ETA: That document lists in horrifying detail the charges against these despicable people. Sexual abuse, physical abuse, theft of money, keeping the children from meeting with the courts. Even more horrifying is that the abuse started back in March 2018, and I wouldn't be surprised if pandemic-related protocols (fewer or no home visits/check-ins with the children) enabled it to continue even longer than it might have, had regular oversight been taking place.

It lists the three defendants and their DOBs.
Marcelino Olguin: 01-08-1959
Lennys G. Olguin: 01-23-1985
Rosa Olguin: 12-31-1963

Last edited:
I just googled Marcelino Olguin and found this official court document. https://kesq.b-cdn.net/2021/12/Olguin-RIF2104700-complaint.pdf

ETA: That document lists in horrifying detail the charges against these despicable people. Sexual abuse, physical abuse, theft of money, keeping the children from meeting with the courts. Even more horrifying is that the abuse started back in March 2018.

It lists the three defendants and their DOBs.
Marcelino Olguin: 01-08-1959
Lennys G. Olguin: 01-23-1985
Rosa Olguin: 12-31-1963

Thank you!

Well, I entered the date of births and nothing. Still no luck.

Last edited:
Do any of you remember the implication from the county that they handpicked the foster homes for the younger children???? And somehow this couple was CHOSEN??? What we’re they doing in a foster home with four other kids? These five had extensive needs!!! And yes, what was their attorney, case worker, healthcare team doing while all this abuse went on??? We should have known how this was going to go when they wouldn’t allow the hospital staff to stay in touch with the adult children. I’m just so furious!!

The DA seemed like a good guy and an advocate for the kids. Can he step up and order investigations up and down the line????

Do any of you remember the implication from the county that they handpicked the foster homes for the younger children???? And somehow this couple was CHOSEN??? What we’re they doing in a foster home with four other kids? These five had extensive needs!!! And yes, what was their attorney, case worker, healthcare team doing while all this abuse went on??? We should have known how this was going to go when they wouldn’t allow the hospital staff to stay in touch with the adult children. I’m just so furious!!

The DA seemed like a good guy and an advocate for the kids. Can he step up and order investigations up and down the line????
Gross negligence of the first degree. Compounded by telling the public how great their recovery was going. And to a foster family with four other children. That's a warehouse, not a home. It is OUTRAGEOUS.

Putting the minors into the foster care system was the worst thing they could do. Where are the individual care plans & evidence of monitoring?

Bio family was willing to take them in with support but they were farmed out to an evil monster. Chilling.

JMO

Officials voiced frustrations about the progress of an ongoing investigation into the care and services the 13 Turpin children received after being removed in 2018 from their parents’ “house of horrors,” citing court-mandated confidentiality rules and other obstacles that have prevented them from getting the information they need.
[snip]
Larson’s team was expected to announce the findings of their investigation this week, but the report has been delayed by another two months after investigators said they continue to struggle to get necessary court and county records, ABC News reports.
Investigation Into Care The Turpin Children Received After Escaping 'House of Horrors' Is Hampered By Problems | Oxygen Official Site

Oh god! It was bad enough when we followed the 2018 case of the Turpins. I recall the relief we all felt when the 13 were rescued. Now, we learn of abuse by the FOSTER PARENTS! Was no one watching? Were there no advocates? Social services? I have become toughened and stoic over the years. But these new developments made my stomach turn. WTH ????????????

I hate to say it, but I saw it coming. The siblings were all very vulnerable people in a broken system. :(

MOO
I never saw this coming. I believed, along with the others who closely followed from the beginning that the Turpin children would be protected and cared for. They had suffered a horrible existence. They deserved a life free of hurt and abuse. The longer I live, the more I realize what a despicable world this is.

Child welfare boss who sent Turpin children to live with an alleged pedophile is pictured | Daily Mail Online

"According to court papers the family fostered four other children as well as the Turpins. One, a five-year-old girl was regularly left in soiled clothing and forced to stand for hours on end, charging documents say.

The nine children remained with the Olguins until their arrest in March 2021."

"DailyMail.com revealed exclusively on Thursday that Olguin allegedly touched two of the Turpin girls, one of whom was under 14 at the time, on their buttocks and upper thighs more than 50 times .

He 'told them they were sexy, recommended they not wear undershirts, said they had beautiful skin, forcibly kissed them and pulled a minor on top of him,' investigator Thomas Salisbury wrote."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor
Back