CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another sad aspect, considering the sperm donor's income, some of the children may be able to get a substantial income for disability. Money may motivate some people to come forward to 'help' the children.

I don't know where they will be housed, but imagine that is one reason they are still in the hospital while officials decide what is best for each of them, and what programs are available, etc.

I'm thinking of your Octomum with the gaggle of kids.

What would be the Government benefits for a family like this? Could this free ride be their intention? :thinking:
Would it be their intention to have all those children for Government funding?
I know in Australia they would be getting $1,000's per week, a house, furniture and free medical and utilities.

I believe he made too much money for government assistance.

This aspect is very scary IMO. In a small suburban town there isn't anything to do at that time of night. Unless they were starting road trips early in the morning, where and what were they doing?

And where is the 4th son????????

So many questions.

Wasn't that report from one of the Texas neighbors? Where they were in a rural area? If I'm not mistaken it was the same guy who reported seeing marching on the second floor? If marching was some sort of disciplinary drill, perhaps they were being taken out somewhere to march outside?

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Middle of the night is definitely creepy. But stuff like that fits in the mind of certain kinds of control freaks.

Louise Turpin’s sister Elizabeth Flores told ABC News she hasn’t seen her sister in 20 years, but recalled how the children’s lives were extremely regimented when she lived with them two decades earlier. Flores said the children had to ask permission to speak, and said they would look to their mother for cues about whether they could answer her when Flores tried to talk to them.

Flores, who was in her late teens at the time, said her sister wouldn’t allow her to invite friends over or allow her to call friends. She also described disturbing incidents involving her sister allegedly watching her shower with her husband, though she stressed that David Turpin never touched her.

http://kticradio.com/abc_national/s...n-circles-former-neighbor-says-abcid36023132/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And those marks are typically greasy because dogs build up grease in their fur, particularly where their collars and harnesses are. And that's why this makes me want to hurl, because it does look like the marks dogs and cats make, and so it makes me wonder what kind of hygiene they even allowed the kids to have. Imagine 15 showers a day. You would need at least two hot water heaters and either huge water tanks (if you are pumping well water in out in the country), or multiple water tanks. Then there's the issue of water pressure with these tanks. If they lived out in the country, they were dealing with this. And I bet they did not have it set up to actually accommodate proper hygiene for all those people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

People naturally have oil in their finger tips. That oil is what makes a fingerprint. From having a great aunt that lived with me, she was legally blind, and as long as she could touch something, she could get around in my house just fine. I didn't realize those dark marks could be formed from her touching. But within probably 6 months or so, I had to scrub my walls. Dust sticks to that oil and then you have a darkened area. It cleans easily, but how many people routinely wash their walls? I didn't until she lived with us.

And not everyone takes a shower daily. I know this family appears far from normal. Yet in large families, some bath one day, others the next. All wouldn't necessarily need to bath everyday, especially when it appears they weren't outside doing sweaty, dirty work, not doing manual labor. In a normal family, there would probably a chore schedule with rotating tasks, or certain chores each child did to help keep the household running. An older child is often responsible for helping take care of a younger child. I don't know that any of that applies to this family.

RSBM

From Trino's link : ......Rodriguez said. "It's going to get more creepy and make our skin crawl......

www.cbs8.com/story/37281546/13-siblings-held-captive-were-likely-coerced-to-remain-quiet

Possible LE knows more about this case that hasn't been released ? :(
Interesting the teen who escaped feared for her life.
:moo:

Let's hope the 17 yr old who fled is kept away from her siblings who may be angry or resentful. Seems they didn't talk to anyone outside the family. I think the parents would go after this youngster too.

And those marks are typically greasy because dogs build up grease in their fur, particularly where their collars and harnesses are. And that's why this makes me want to hurl, because it does look like the marks dogs and cats make, and so it makes me wonder what kind of hygiene they even allowed the kids to have. Imagine 15 showers a day. You would need at least two hot water heaters and either huge water tanks (if you are pumping well water in out in the country), or multiple water tanks. Then there's the issue of water pressure with these tanks. If they lived out in the country, they were dealing with this. And I bet they did not have it set up to actually accommodate proper hygiene for all those people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly.
They must have been so unclean and covered in their own excrements. I saw $90 outstanding for water and sewer on their bankruptcy documents. I don't know exactly how it works over in CA but for a family of 15 people here in Australia, $90 wouldn't cover a few weeks.

In Hill County, Texas, where they lived previously, the sheriff's office received a call from a neighbor complaining that a pig belonging to the Turpins escaped from a pen and ate 55 pounds of his dog food.
In another report, David Turpin said that the family's dog had bitten their 4-year-old daughter on the face. He told police he took the girl to a hospital for stitches and the dog to a veterinarian to be put down, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.
It's not clear what motivated the Turpins to live a secluded life with their large brood or what went on in the house. Parents convicted in similar cases exerted control over their children though intimidation, psychological and physical coercion, and frequently possessed their own belief system.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37281546/13-siblings-held-captive-were-likely-coerced-to-remain-quiet

New article from People:

Given their alleged limited diets, Uffer tells PEOPLE dietitians will “have to be very careful” about what foods are introduced into their diet, “because it doesn’t stay with them. You have to sort of reintroduce things into the diet for someone who has malnutrition.

Uffer does not know how long the children will be at Corona Regional Medical center, but assures PEOPLE “we are doing everything to improve the quality of their life.”

He adds: “They are very cognizant of what has occurred. They are aware of the situation. They are coping with it. I would say they are happy in the environment that they are in right now. They feel that the nurses and the team of medical professionals that are taking care of them actually care about them as people and that we are here to help them — that they are safe and being treated with incredible dignity.”

~snip

Aside from nutritious food, the brothers and sisters are finally enjoying something else their aunt alleges they’ve been denied: television.

“They can watch TV and they are watching videos,” Uffer says. “We have a game system we brought in. We have people working with them — literally somebody with them 24 hours a day. They are patients. We have registered nurses working with them as well as other support staff … and you hope they can overcome it.”

http://people.com/crime/california-david-louise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/

I missed the end of the last thread so sorry if this has been discussed. But I found it interesting that in the 2011 bankruptcy, he had multiple deductions from his paycheck going towards life insurance policies. Each payperiod less than 50 cents deducted for children, but $42 deducted for spousal? Then another $90 for ANOTHER optional life insurance policy? $175 per pay period going towards various life insurance policies stands out to me. I wonder if they had other policies that they obtained without his employer.

Since he also had deductions for medical, dental, and vision, I don’t understand why one of the children appears to be cross eyed. That should have been taken care of. But then again they obviously aren’t parents of the year.

Is there a doctor or dentist who could/would speak out? Seems to me there might be someone who treated them.

I'm thinking of your Octomum with the gaggle of kids.

What would be the Government benefits for a family like this? Could this free ride be their intention? :thinking:
Would it be their intention to have all those children for Government funding?
I know in Australia they would be getting $1,000's per week, a house, furniture and free medical and utilities.

http://www.publiccounsel.org/pages/?id=0090

Regarding going out late at night - maybe they were collecting bottles and cans for recycle? Sometimes people go through the recycle bins put out in front of homes the night before trash truck collection to look for redeemable bottles and cans to make money. I have seen it many, many times, always late at night, whole families in a van going from subdivision to subdivision.

Reminds me of a question I have had. What was their source of income. At one point dad had a good job with Northrup, but I thought that ended in 2010. What have the been living on since then?

I feel like the sewer water bill in the bankruptcy paperwork could of been outstanding from one of their previous addresses that they didn’t pay when they left? (To those wondering about the amount for such a large family)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a doctor or dentist who could/would speak out? Seems to me there might be someone who treated them.

I doubt it bc of hipaa. And I doubt they’d want to out themselves as a mandatory reporter who interacted with the family but didn’t report anything.

The children were educated in the home. No state agency regulates or oversees private schools in California, but they are subject to an annual inspection by the state or local fire marshal.
The city could find no records of fire inspections, Perris Assistant City Clerk Judy Haughney said in response to a public records request by AP. City Fire Marshal Dave Martinez did not return repeated phone messages seeking comment.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37281546/13-siblings-held-captive-were-likely-coerced-to-remain-quiet

Had those inspections been done, the children could have been saved before now.

New article from People:

Given their alleged limited diets, Uffer tells PEOPLE dietitians will “have to be very careful” about what foods are introduced into their diet, “because it doesn’t stay with them. You have to sort of reintroduce things into the diet for someone who has malnutrition.

Uffer does not know how long the children will be at Corona Regional Medical center, but assures PEOPLE “we are doing everything to improve the quality of their life.”

He adds: “They are very cognizant of what has occurred. They are aware of the situation. They are coping with it. I would say they are happy in the environment that they are in right now. They feel that the nurses and the team of medical professionals that are taking care of them actually care about them as people and that we are here to help them — that they are safe and being treated with incredible dignity.”

~snip

Aside from nutritious food, the brothers and sisters are finally enjoying something else their aunt alleges they’ve been denied: television.

“They can watch TV and they are watching videos,” Uffer says. “We have a game system we brought in. We have people working with them — literally somebody with them 24 hours a day. They are patients. We have registered nurses working with them as well as other support staff … and you hope they can overcome it.”

http://people.com/crime/california-david-louise-turpin-children-hospital-ceo-speaks/

YES YES YES and a big WHEWWWW

First I am seeing that authorities are doing all the right things. I can finally sleep good tonight knowing they are in good hands. Whew again. :)

Reminds me of a question I have had. What was their source of income. At one point dad had a good job with Northrup, but I thought that ended in 2010. What have the been living on since then?

His Lockheed job ended in 2010. He was working for Northrop as of 2011 per the pay stubs submitted for their bankruptcy case. But I don’t know if he still worked their recently

I did find it interesting that he worked second shift. Home all day (even if sleeping) to be present so no one “got any ideas”, and worked while they were sleeping? Maybe. Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member