CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to comment that I myself was raised with atrocious abuse that was 24-7 and of many sorts and yes I went to school each day, but, see, the parent/s tell 'ya 'NEVER TELL WHAT IS GOING ON HERE'

PLUS

the parent/s tell you repeatedly, too, that what in fact happened DIDN'T HAPPEN,

so a kid's brain and thinking gets all mixed up. Parts of me could/can never figure 'what really happened' and 'what didn't', and you're full of a life-death fear if you/I don't do as ordered.

I have long lapses in memory of childhood, and can be 'triggered', PTSD, with sudden recall of this or that horror. I believe is saying the facts and the facts for me included -but were not limited to - things such as:
1. Vomiting from the stress into my dish of oatmeal/porridge (me - around age 3?) and being ordered then to 'eat it', vomiting more, then being ordered to clean it up, and
2. Choked to unconsciousness, surely (me - age 2-3-4???) to make me 'shut up' for crying or whatnot, and then slapped around back to consciousness, and of course, told 'never tell' and 'it didn't happen' sorts of things. The choking was a common one for me, and I have an idea of my age in my recall because I can remember the abuser lifting me and 'throwing' me on the kitchen counter to then waterboard me in the kitchen sink, FOR EG !, and
3. Nighttime sex abuse by 'other parent', and
4. Some experiences of downright torture.

It makes me tired to remember - I'm grateful it's 'over' and I feel so grateful just to be able to do things like sleep in peace now.

With all due respect, I think that people who comment along the lines of 'these kids will all be resilient....' never experienced heavy duty child abuse and just don't understand how it is. It wears a person down, and I know that there's this element of the abuse having been since infancy, for me, that has me 'mixed up' because I lacked adult reasoning abilities at that time and lacked ability to understand what was going on and lacked ability to articulate any of it. Then, add on top of that, all the 'you're mistaken - that didn't happen' kerap and one winds up feeling vulnerable and mixed up.

My personal experience is that I now gravitate to people with whom I feel very, very safe and free and calm.

I know I'm very vulnerable to people who lie - it just overwhelms me with upset to be lied to and 'knowing it's happening' - I just can't wrap my mind around 'things' - I just feel all mixed up and confused. So I now stay away from people who I know are 'dangers' for me. Since Xmas was just weeks ago, I comment that I do NOT believe in telling kids 'Santa is real' - I find that so scary and creepy to do, tho' a part of 'adult me' understands that the kids being told that baloney, I suppose, are experiencing pretty lovely little home lives, not the nonstop 24-7 nightmare/daymare I lived.

Thank you for this jolt of reality and sharing your intimate story. It will not be easy for these children or anyone who is helping them or is around them, but your post shows that with enough hard work, they CAN eventually become caring rational adults such as you. God bless you. :)

Dt's brother and LT's family want to adopt some of the children. See video of religious fanatic brother.

http://www.insideedition.com/media/videos/uncle-13-turpin-victims-wants-adopt-them-40117

There is so much about this that frightens me for the survivors. I can’t imagine any of the ‘blood relatives’ providing a healthy home environment for these children. I get a ‘blood is thicker than water’ vibe from this video, which is chilling when you think about the fact that DT/LT are ‘blood’ as well.

I have a hard time believing someone worked a night shift and then sat by their window, looking out for hours at their neighbors house instead of going to bed. For a few minutes? Yes. But not for hours.
Scenario in which this could have happened is:

First, when people get off night shift, it's no different than when we get off at 5 pm. We don't come home and fall asleep immediately. Up for hours, to eat "dinner," clean up the house, and watch a little TV to unwind.

Second, some people will be facing either a front room or bedroom window while sitting back watching TV, and might catch things happening through that window. One house I lived in, our living room was toward the middle of the house, but our side windows and the neighbors' side windows made our living rooms right across from each other, which I couldn't stand because the neighbor was nosy anyway. So I ended up putting a decorative film over our windows so we still got light, but he couldn't see in clearly. If I hadn't, he would have been able to see some of what we were doing while he watched TV at night.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey! Just finished thread #6, and see ONLY 324 posts on this one; I "think" I'll be able to catch up here! LOL!

Bill Carson said:
Did anyone see the reaction of the parents to the entry of the protective order? Were they in court? Was there any weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Well - she doesn't look too happy in this one; might be a black square - so look at the thumbnail below.
attachment.php

bears10 said:
I wonder if the inspections will be scheduled or unannounced.

I would HOPE they would be unannounced...

back to reading.... :eek:nline:

Attachments

• Turpin.jpg
    Turpin.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 447
Why is the audience wearing the exact same clothes in these pictures? Def photo shop.

Wow, good eye, I didn't look closely enough to notice that!

Maybe it's a backdrop? A setting where people pose for photos?

Why is the audience wearing the exact same clothes in these pictures? Def photo shop.

I think it is a photo booth thing with a backdrop. Like a face-in-the-hole thing except you get on the bull.

Regardless it is hella creepy.

Just some random thoughts ......

I feel sorry for the public defenders, imagine having to defend THAT!

When I watched the video of the kids rescue, I couldn't help but think that the one running was the middle son, although I feel for all of them and what they have endured, the middle son has really tugged my heartstrings for some reason.

LT I feel is in denial about her own ageing, she has probably played up to the "I'm just a wee girl" to DT and is now trying it with her lawyer. I find both of them absolutely repulsive �� Having adult kids didn't fit her own image of herself

Wow, good eye, I didn't look closely enough to notice that!

Maybe it's a backdrop? A setting where people pose for photos?

It's a backdrop, just like the bull isn't real. It's just a photo op that some country bars use. We have the same one here where I live. And a mechanical bull.

I want to comment that I myself was raised with atrocious abuse that was 24-7 and of many sorts and yes I went to school each day, but, see, the parent/s tell 'ya 'NEVER TELL WHAT IS GOING ON HERE'

PLUS

the parent/s tell you repeatedly, too, that what in fact happened DIDN'T HAPPEN,

so a kid's brain and thinking gets all mixed up. Parts of me could/can never figure 'what really happened' and 'what didn't', and you're full of a life-death fear if you/I don't do as ordered.

I have long lapses in memory of childhood, and can be 'triggered', PTSD, with sudden recall of this or that horror. I believe is saying the facts and the facts for me included -but were not limited to - things such as:
1. Vomiting from the stress into my dish of oatmeal/porridge (me - around age 3?) and being ordered then to 'eat it', vomiting more, then being ordered to clean it up, and
2. Choked to unconsciousness, surely (me - age 2-3-4???) to make me 'shut up' for crying or whatnot, and then slapped around back to consciousness, and of course, told 'never tell' and 'it didn't happen' sorts of things. The choking was a common one for me, and I have an idea of my age in my recall because I can remember the abuser lifting me and 'throwing' me on the kitchen counter to then waterboard me in the kitchen sink, FOR EG !, and
3. Nighttime sex abuse by 'other parent', and
4. Some experiences of downright torture.

It makes me tired to remember - I'm grateful it's 'over' and I feel so grateful just to be able to do things like sleep in peace now.

With all due respect, I think that people who comment along the lines of 'these kids will all be resilient....' never experienced heavy duty child abuse and just don't understand how it is. It wears a person down, and I know that there's this element of the abuse having been since infancy, for me, that has me 'mixed up' because I lacked adult reasoning abilities at that time and lacked ability to understand what was going on and lacked ability to articulate any of it. Then, add on top of that, all the 'you're mistaken - that didn't happen' kerap and one winds up feeling vulnerable and mixed up.

My personal experience is that I now gravitate to people with whom I feel very, very safe and free and calm.

I know I'm very vulnerable to people who lie - it just overwhelms me with upset to be lied to and 'knowing it's happening' - I just can't wrap my mind around 'things' - I just feel all mixed up and confused. So I now stay away from people who I know are 'dangers' for me. Since Xmas was just weeks ago, I comment that I do NOT believe in telling kids 'Santa is real' - I find that so scary and creepy to do, tho' a part of 'adult me' understands that the kids being told that baloney, I suppose, are experiencing pretty lovely little home lives, not the nonstop 24-7 nightmare/daymare I lived.

That is devastating. I hope you have found a peaceful place in your life. I didn't experience even a fraction of what you did, but I too have some PTSD from things I saw and heard in my household as a child.

I'm curious, do you actually remember the vomiting and choking episodes?

Also, were you neglected as well as abused?

Did anyone outside of your home ever take notice?

Do you have siblings who were treated the same, or differently?

When did it all stop, and how?

IMO, if we really knew the depth and breadth of child abuse in this world, we wouldn't be able to bear it. The Turpin case is horrifying, but child abuse happens all the time, everywhere, and the cases made nationally/internationally public are are just a single grain of sand.

Not what the article said. Agree. Creeps.

It's a photo op. The bull is on a platform and there's a 3 quarters backdrop behind it. It kind of curves so that the photographer doesn't get any of the bar patrons in the rest of the photo. You climb up on the platform, get on the bull, and then pose. It's a pretty standard set up that they use at bars and rodeos. It's also portable so it can be set up and taken down easily. Rodeos like them because onlookers can "pose" and pretend that they were riding too. As I said in my other post, the bar here where I live has the same one with the identical backdrop. They actually change. If you don't want that one, they will flip it up and the one underneath it has a picture of the desert and the mountains. We actually just got rid of it last month and they've gone to digital backdrops now because there are more choices.

"The AP is not naming the siblings because of the severity of abuse allegations, which are still under investigation. The AP also has not been able to talk to the children, including the 29-year-old, or anyone who can speak on their behalf."

California torture house: Classmate of Turpin daughter says girl was frail, bullied
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...e-turpin-daughter-says-girl-was-frail-n840526

(I hate these sensationalist headlines, etc :( )

They are somewhere between those grocery store rag headlines proclaiming a human mother and a Martian spawned a two headed baby, and the National Enquirer.

"In a motion filed in advance of Wednesday’s court hearing, Deputy Public Defender David Macher said the “extraordinary” press coverage of the case may affect the local jury pool.

“The frequent appearance of photographs or video imagines of the Turpins in the media may taint potential jurors, prejudice them against the Turpins and make it necessary to explore a possible motion for a change of venue,” Macher wrote in a court motion.

Press coverage is common concern for defense attorneys in high-profile cases, but courts generally protect the jury pool in two ways. First, anyone who knows too much about the case from media coverage is filtered out through detailed questioning during jury selection. Second, if a case gets so much attention that finding an impartial jury is out of the question, a judge can move the trial to another county, where the public has been exposed to less media coverage.

In this case, the Turpins' attorneys haven't actually asked to move the trial yet, but Macher raised the possibility in a motion that sought to ban cameras from a court hearing on Wednesday. Judge Smith approved four cameras for the hearing anyway."

Parents accused of torturing 13 children ordered not to speak to them for 3 years
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/24/turpin-parents-court-hearing/1062005001/

I think they need to move in to a different country, not county, if they want to find anywhere this hasn't been exposed to.

Rodeo pic ....eek....ugh

I think they need to move in to a different country, not county, if they want to find anywhere this hasn't been exposed to.

Even then! There have been a lot of International folks here posting who have seen the news...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500