CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they did, how many minors have ID? I mean, if they can whip out ID, probably not a minor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I mean if anyone is questioning the ages of the kids it might be for proof of kids rates, not for proof of adulthood needed to drink or gamble.

All depends on context. I haven't starved any of my children or grandchildren, but have not allowed them to eat stuff bought.jmho again goes to which told LEO and in what context. What if that particular individual was diabetic? I don't know nor do anyone else that I have heard. Jmho

The youngest of the 13 children, a 2-year-old, was not starved and thus was not included in the torture charges, Hestrin said.

The parents would buy food for themselves, including apple and pumpkin pies, and allow the children to see it but not eat it, the DA said.

"This is severe physical, emotional abuse," Hestrin said. "This is depraved conduct."
http://wnep.com/2018/01/18/californ...h-food-and-allowed-1-shower-per-year-da-says/
They didn't go to the doctor regularly, so if any were diabetic, they would not know it, and would not be able to obtain insulin without a prescription. It is highly doubtful that they withheld food for any "good" reason.

You keep mentioning context. The context here is that they were all malnourished to the point that they had to be hospitalized, chained for weeks and months at a time, never saw a dentist, rarely saw a doctor, etc. In context, it is highly unlikely that there is a benign excuse.

I mean if anyone is questioning the ages of the kids it might be for proof of kids rates, not for proof of adulthood needed to drink or gamble.
Agreed.

Even if there was a medical reason to restrain, there is no valid excuse for even one of them to lie in urine soaked beds and filthy living conditions. Just as there is no excuse for having pies on the counter in front of emaciated, starving children. None, zip, nada. JMO
I think the chaining up is a revolving door situation and not applicable to any of them all the time - so no reason whatsoever like some are violent or disabled. And we have the parents unable to answer when LE asked. IMO they are not folie a deux, they are two sickos who found each other and who have been acting in concert for each one's particular benefit: he is a sex pervert who likes young girls, and she is a sicker pervert running a bizarre torture chamber for her own gratification. The 17 year old thought she would be killed for contacting help, she could not know if they would help; she may have arrived at a point of 'death is better than this situation.'

I think she is referring to in-state residential rates most parks offer. For example, we often go to Universal for music venues. With our Fl ID, we get free parking and reduced entry fees.
I thought most parks offer reduced rates for kids. I thought they might have gamed the stunted state of their kids.
When the neighbour commented on the look of her kids LT said they were questioned on it sometimes. It doesn't necessarily mean to prove they are older. It could be because they are trying for cheaper kids rates on admission. No ID involved.

Rooms?
To get into Disney the park at residential rates they require ID on adults. We go often did 4 days last year over X Mas even at there hotels resorts.

ETA
I see the confusion!
Disney gives the state of FL residents a residential rate since they use and abuse the state as I call it. Disney hence calls it residential rates.
Jmho but I think the original remark about Disneyland in ref to another conversation.
May have been just a smirk/poking fun as in only other place went was Disneyland?

I'm wondering if witnessing or hearing about the lewd act that DT is accused of committing is what caused the 17 year old to act.

New People article

http://people.com/crime/turpin-siblings-house-of-horrors-learn-brush-teeth/

“I don’t think the kids even knew what a toothbrush was,” says Bobby Spiegel, president and CEO of the Corona Chamber of Commerce. “My understanding is the nurses had to teach the kids how to brush their teeth.”

The response from people wanting to give, both locally and internationally, is striking, he says. The chamber has received $70,000 so far in monetary donations.

Hi vmmking,

I've googled Bobby Spiegel, and the Corona Chamber of Commerce, and i'm a bit confused as to what their actual involvement would be on this case. I'm in the UK and would be grateful to understand a bit better. It just seems like such personal information doesn't it to release about them all. Thanks

Hi vmmking,

I've googled Bobby Spiegel, and the Corona Chamber of Commerce, and i'm a bit confused as to what their actual involvement would be on this case. I'm in the UK and would be grateful to understand a bit better. It just seems like such personal information doesn't it to release about them all. Thanks
Chamber of Commerce was collecting funds (and I think supplies) for the kids. There have been other articles about what they've done. They have been in contact with the hospital as they coordinate with them. You can check early reports in the media thread for more information on some of their activity.

I'm wondering if witnessing or hearing about the lewd act that DT is accused of committing is what caused the 17 year old to act.

I think her innate temperament, her emotional intelligence and opportunity - perhaps, the upcoming move increasing her motivation -- all pushed her to escape that early morning

Hi vmmking,

Quick Google search pulls up this article. They were the ones collecting the clothing and other supplies, so they were working closely with the hospital staff to provide for their needs.

http://www.insideedition.com/turpin...siblings-saved-california-house-horrors-39956

Sorry, what lewd act was that? I have mostly taken a break from all of the cross chatter in this thread. Are we talking about the hotel sex a year after the wife had sex with another man?

Chamber of Commerce was collecting funds (and I think supplies) for the kids. There have been other articles about what they've done. They have been in contact with the hospital as they coordinate with them. You can check early reports in the media thread for more information on some of their activity.

Of course thank you, i remember now you've said it.

The DA in the press conference said they had never seen a dentist and the last time anyone saw a doctor was at least 4 years ago. Doctors are a "mandated reporter" according to the CA Penal Code and are obligated by law to report any concerns regarding child neglect or abuse to the local CPS or law enforcement authorities. I would suppose that most doctors would be horrified if a child that is supposed to be for example 15 or so years old comes in with a height and weight of a typical 9 or 10 year old and is in an emaciated state.

I would think that any doctor seeing a child in such a state would report the child to the authorities. Note also that they lived in Murrieta prior to 2014 according to reports. I am wondering if indeed they saw a doctor 4 years ago and whether the doctor did in fact report this to authorities and I am wondering if the parents exited Murrieta and ended up in Perris. Something must have caused the sudden move from Murrieta to Perris and I am wondering whether this could be a possibility.

Four years ago would be early 2014. That is about the time they left Murrieta and ended up in Perris.

In my opinion, any medical professional should have been able to detect the malnourished state of the children particularly if they knew the date of birth of the children they examined.

They were renting in Murrieta, bought home living in currently, same county. They moved to CA in summer of 2010. Per lady over Dept of children or whatever it called said never had a call or report.

We don't know any of the medical history if any of them. Could be they suffer from something in genes, or just their normal size for them or a combination of many. Just at time found they didn't have any medical history and did what needed to be done. If kids didn't know what medication was very possible didn't know medical history. Jmho

Just to repost what LE and doctors have said. Starvation and maltreatment.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/us/california-turpin-13-siblings-held-captive/index.html
The teenager had photos to support her story, Riverside County Sheriff's Capt. Greg Fellows told reporters Tuesday.

- - -
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/perris...na-turpin-police-update-today-praise-courage/
Dr. Sophia Grant, medical director of the child abuse unit at Riverside University Hospital System spoke during the press conference about how the hospital treats starvation cases.
"In cases of starvation we would have to slowly start to feed them to avoid any problems that re-feeding may cause," Grant said. "The long-term needs of these kids are going to be the psychological and psychiatric needs due to the prolonged starvation and maltreatment

- - -
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/19/10-worst-acts-abuse-california/1048480001/

Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin referred to the acts as "extreme and prolonged physical abuse" in a Thursday press conference.
"The punishment would last for weeks, even months, at a time," he said as reporters grimaced as he listed some of the acts. "It breaks our hearts."
2. Tying them up with rope. After one of the children learned how to untie the rope, they began using chains and padlocks

- - -
http://ktla.com/2018/01/16/we-would...-recovery-process-for-perris-torture-victims/
"It’s hard to think of them as adults when you first see them because they’re small and it’s very clear that they (are) malnourished," said Mark Uffer, chief executive officer of Corona Regional Medical Center
- - -

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ldren-david-louise-news-updates-a8166881.html
[FONT=&quot]Riverside county District Attorney Mike Hestrin described an alleged escalating ordeal of beatings, imprisonment and starvation that stretched across years and multiple different residences, ending only after the siblings executed an escape plan years in the making. The children were deprived medical care and taunted with food and toys that the parents refused to share with them, he said.

[FONT=&quot]The charges cover alleged offences stretching back to 2010 and encompassing both the city of Perris, where their children were discovered last weekend during a police raid, and their previous home in Murrieta. Mr Hestrin said the abuse began before that, when the family lived in Texas, a time when the parents lived apart from their children and occasionally visited to drop off food[/FONT][/FONT]

Hi vmmking,

I agree it would be odd for someone from the Chamber to be commenting publically about this case. Out of line, IMO.

I think her innate temperament, her emotional intelligence and opportunity - perhaps, the upcoming move increasing her motivation -- all pushed her to escape that early morning

Yes. She was planning this for two years, which I just now remembered.

Sorry, what lewd act was that? I have mostly taken a break from all of the cross chatter in this thread. Are we talking about the hotel sex a year after the wife had sex with another man?

No, the lewd act that he is accused of committing against one of the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngsleuth95