CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Lucy's mom, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Absolutely agree! I hated using their surname on the envelope. They need to shed those creeps like a snake sheds its skin.

2. avondale14

avondale14 Active Member

Honestly Gitana1, i agree with you. i want to know that they are coping and actually enjoying stuff. I really do think though, that some of this ****, doesn't need to come out. They are eventually going to google stuff (even if they've got new names) and some of the basics that are coming out, they will feel dreadful about. I'm not trying to pick any fights or anything, because people are desperate to know (or they will interpret or believe) that they are ok and healthy and happy from what they can see, or are told. There's an obvious morbid curiosity, i really do think that some people should do more protecting rather than yapping. I expect more from professionals.

I agree entirely, the shame is absolutely not theirs. Kids don't see that though, and i'm certain these children will all be conflicted about that.

3. auburnmomof2

auburnmomof2 Well-Known Member

Does DT remind anyone else of the albino guy from The Princess Bride?? Sorry if that's not ok to post but its been bugging me and I finally realized who he looks like to me

4. vlpate

vlpate Sleuther with a porpoise

"Fellows said the Turpins have lived in Perris since 2014. All of the children, ranging in age from 2 to 29, were home schooled. They are all the biological children of David and Louise Turpin, Fellows confirmed."

5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

The public is not going to know they are healthy and happy. All we know at this stage is that they are safe. They have actually lived this nightmare so I doubt they will be wanting to google about it because that would just rip off the scab of their very deep wounds. Not brushing teeth is an incredibly insignificant detail in the scope of the inhumane cruelty they have endured. JMO

6. osadelnorte

osadelnorte New Member

I appreciate your reply, gitana.

I often think about Jaycee Dugard in relation to this case and I really hope the state will give these young people the same kinds of opportunities. I'm continually impressed with Jaycee every time I see her or read about her. I'm sure she still has a lot to deal with, but she seems to be getting a lot of what she needs to recover and heal from her ordeal.

7. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I totally volunteer for this. And I'll take all 13. We'll have Thanksgiving dinner every day for 2 weeks, eat ice cream at bedtime, do arts and crafts, play with kittens, watch movies (maybe not Disney), and they can have as many bubble baths as they want.

8. theirmommy

theirmommy NE Patriots fanatic

Deleting typo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

The date of that article is January 18, a week ago. Since then, sources have told the press they are considering DNA tests and cadaver dogs.

Department are talking about using cadaver-sniffing dogs to inspect the former residences of David and Louise Turpin and make sure no bodies are hidden there, Crime Watch Daily reported.

The authorities are also considering conducting DNA tests to determine if all 13 children are related and if they were all born to the Turpins, the crime-news Web site said, citing “sources familiar with the investigation.”

https://nypost.com/2018/01/21/cops-may-bring-in-dogs-to-search-for-bodies-in-horror-house/

10. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Yeah, I'm guessing it's waaaayy too soon to know this definitively. Maybe LE said (and media, as they often do, misinterpreted) that the parents claimed they were all theirs biologically....common sense tells us they will not necessarily take them at their word.....

11. ILikeToBendPages

ILikeToBendPages Well-Known Member

Another thing about them seeing doctors. Since they were not in public schools they could skate by without have their immunizations that schools require.

I really don't have a problem with children not seeing a dentist regularly. Many kids don't unless there is a problem. Just as many kids don;t see a doctor unless there is a real need.

12. vlpate

I'm sure millions are going to be offered for their story...books, a movie, documentaries. Maybe a reality show just to torture mom, :jail: locked up eating Ramen and dreaming of pie. :takeabow:

13. avondale14

avondale14 Active Member

Let's say then, that we obviously 'hope' that they are healthy and happy, that's what i should have said, so you are quite right.

I'm quite sure that one of the thirteen (no guarantees) will definitely google this in the future?

It might be insignificant at the moment, but who knows, who bloody knows, you just can't say because it's insignificant to you, that it will be to them, can you.

I'd hate to see or be reminded that i didn't know how to brush my teeth!

14. osadelnorte

osadelnorte New Member

God, the thought of any of it turns my stomach. I want them to have the means to live their lives, get education, have safe places to live, etc., but I worry a lot about their possible exploitation. I hope they have good counsel as they attempt to move on.

15. vlpate

It can take as little as 4 hours to run a dna test - this case would likely be priority.

16. Leila

Leila Active Member

I remember the DA saying that the children would testify too.

I wonder if they would put one of the adult children on the stand, and then hand them a journal and ask if the journal belonged to them. The adult child - witness on the stand - would respond "yes" and then the prosecution would read a passage from the journal and ask, "is this true?"

This would be easier on the victim than requiring them to describe their treatment in their own words. Although it may be very difficult for any of the victims to be on the witness stand facing their abusive parents.

17. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I beg to differ. Establishing paternity is not an emergency, even in a case like this. Especially when they are behind bars.

18. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

I think this is the post Tricia was looking for the other day, but she thought it might have been in Time magazine, or anither publication.

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to post from personal FB pages here, so it will probably get removed. Has anyone seen this posted in MSM (main stream media)? That is the only way I think we can keep it here. [an exceptioj is usually made if the FB, social media page belongs to a named defendant]

welcome to Websleuths! Don’t stop participating and sharing ..; just be sure use links (and post the link) from acceptable media, law, etc. the Terms of Service are on the main Forum page.

19. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

No one will blame them or find fault with them regarding the teeth brushing. That is on the parents.
    No need for them to be ashamed about it.

20. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I believe it's been covered by MSM, and a link was provided some time back.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.