CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: the Facebook post from the former classmate...

Something about that has been bothering me since I read it and I have only just now been able to figure out what it is. While I think the former classmate was writing from their heart and had no nefarious intentions, was it really THEIR story to share? Shouldn't it have come from the victim? I mean, maybe she didn't want people to know that she was known as the "cootie girl" and that she smelled or that people made fun of her. Heck, maybe SHE didn't even know that until she read it! I've been in situations where I thought I was amgonst friends, and was really enjoying myself, until someone came along and disclosed the fact that people were making fun of me. It felt awful. What if she felt the same way? All this time she's been thinking that that was the best year of her life and that she was surrounded by friends and now she finds out that they were making fun of her. (Just throwing that out there; chances are good that she knew at the time.)

If SHE had been the one who told it first, if she'd been the one to come out and say, "I was bullied and called 'Cootie Girl' in school, etc. etc." and then the former student had stepped forward and told their side then it might be different. But I just feel very uncomfortable that she was almost "outed" that way.

I was bullied badly in school. After a year of torment my mom allowed me to change. She later received a phone call from the principal who informed her that, on the last day of school, some of the kids were getting together and getting me a "farewell bouquet"-a bouquet that included a sprig of poison ivy hidden in it. Because I am deathly allergic to it and they knew it.

How would I feel if one of my former bullies made a viral post about the things that kids used to say about me? I don't want people to know some of those things! I probably wouldn't like it. I might even feel victimized all over again.

I "shared" the post myself at the time so it wasn't like got bent out of shape about it. Something was pecking at my mind, though, and making me uncomfortable at the time. This is what it was.

Not sent to the Kids. Purchased as a fund raiser with money going to the kids and at the same time a way to raise awareness of child abuse and show your support for them and their recovery.

Something about that has been bothering me since I read it and I have only just now been able to figure out what it is. While I think the former classmate was writing from their heart and had no nefarious intentions, was it really THEIR story to share? Shouldn't it have come from the victim? I mean, maybe she didn't want people to know that she was known as the "cootie girl" and that she smelled or that people made fun of her. Heck, maybe SHE didn't even know that until she read it! I've been in situations where I thought I was amgonst friends, and was really enjoying myself, until someone came along and disclosed the fact that people were making fun of me. It felt awful. What if she felt the same way? All this time she's been thinking that that was the best year of her life and that she was surrounded by friends and now she finds out that they were making fun of her. (Just throwing that out there; chances are good that she knew at the time.)

If SHE had been the one who told it first, if she'd been the one to come out and say, "I was bullied and called 'Cootie Girl' in school, etc. etc." and then the former student had stepped forward and told their side then it might be different. But I just feel very uncomfortable that she was almost "outed" that way.

I was bullied badly in school. After a year of torment my mom allowed me to change. She later received a phone call from the principal who informed her that, on the last day of school, some of the kids were getting together and getting me a "farewell bouquet"-a bouquet that included a sprig of poison ivy hidden in it. Because I am deathly allergic to it and they knew it.

How would I feel if one of my former bullies made a viral post about the things that kids used to say about me? I don't want people to know some of those things! I probably wouldn't like it. I might even feel victimized all over again.

Hugs for what you went through and your sensitivity to the post you referenced. You are absolutely right. :heart:

AMEN! I said the same. I know he probably had good intentions but now that is out there, it is forever and ever. I have lost count of how many times I've seen it pop up. She will possibly read that some day.

I also was not so cool with the telling of the story about the boy asking his mother if he could have a friend.

Forgive me if I am getting things mixed up but a reminder for everyone...we can't organize any sort of t-shirt printing or fundraising of any kind. I understand everyone wants to help but there are other ways you can donate money. Anything that has to do with raising money cannot be discussed on Websleuths.

Thank you,
Tricia

I "shared" the post myself at the time so it wasn't like got bent out of shape about it. Something was pecking at my mind, though, and making me uncomfortable at the time. This is what it was.

Great post Mtnlites! You put into words what I couldn't.
Hugs for all you have been theough

Is there someplace I can see all the family photographs please.

I heard one of LT's sisters that she has been obsessed with Disney since childhood. (I know a lot of people who love Disney, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.)
I'm specifically speaking about LT & DT.
We're these trips really for the enjoyment of the kids or the parents?

From this link. We can now see the bottom of the drawing.
4ae83c683b0c246ed5c35173208a99a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm. I'm thinking they were keeping chickens in many of these rooms, the ones with paint missing at chicken level above surfaces (including counter tops). Did they have chickens?

For the record what are the known ages of all thirteen kids? I know the oldest is 29 and the youngest is 2.

Satch

For the record what are the known ages of all thirteen kids? I know the oldest is 29 and the youngest is 2.

Satch

2,12,13, 14, 15 or 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 29.

I know there has been talk about David’s employment previously. This is the first time I’ve seen information from the company. It seems he left his position he Lockheed Martin around the same time fo the move to California. Do we know if he was working in CA?

“David Turpin used to work for defense contractor Lockheed Martin and left in 2010, said company spokesman Kenneth B. Ross, who noted he had no other information to release.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...iblings-began-fort-worth-area-authorities-say

It is all unfortunate about the family, I don’t think I would want anyone to know I was shackled to a bed and had to be in my own waste, I would not want people to kmow my parents are monsters.

Here we all are on websleuths getting all kinds of info the average person does not get nor are they interested in it.

I heard one of LT's sisters that she has been obsessed with Disney since childhood. (I know a lot of people who love Disney, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.)
I'm specifically speaking about LT & DT.
We're these trips really for the enjoyment of the kids or the parents?

The parents. Especially Louise. There is not a doubt in my mind. They gave no love or anything of benefit to the kids, with the possible exception of the two year old, because Louise thought she/he was cute. The older the kids got, the more.neglected and abused they became, because they were seen as a burden to their parents that needed to be in control of their children 24/7.

Any outside people or activities that would interfere with the parents cult-like religious behaviors or ability to control their kids was met with disdain by David and Louise. If they did not approve, you didn't do it. And if you did it. your punishment was torture.

Watch. If this goes to trial the parents are likely to play the blame game between each other. Louise: "David made me do all these things. I couldn't let the kids do what they wanted, he would beat me if I did." Watch for fake crying and excuses on the stand from her. David. "I tried to teach my children strong religious principles, so that they would would have a sense of right and wrong. It's so easy for kids to be manipulated by the outside world in a bad way." I love my kids, but Louise was so domineering she wouldn't allow me to raise them the way they should be raised."

This is the kind of testimony that we might he from the defense on direct examination. Moving the blame on each other's parenting, when the focus should be on the kids, in which case the prosecution should get a slam dunk guilty verdict. UNLESS, a jury takes pity somehow on Louise, believing that she is mentally ill. David gets NO free pass here at all. But Louise has more charges against her than David has against him. Anyone know Louise's extra charges? Maybe, with him working, she was home most of the time, and could have done more of the abuse of the kids through the years.

When the kids were building that manger, one of the neighbors commented that David would yell at the kids to get tools, and the kids would run very fast seemingly to avoid angering him. But in hindsight, the couple registered the house as a home school, knowing, that because California does not require home school inspections, to cover up their crimes. They also did everything at night so that the neighbors would find it difficult to see what was happening. They were very planning in their threatening, narcissistic, rebellious-cult, threatening ways, and both SHOULD share equal responsibility, and the same sentencing if convicted.

Satch

It's despicable how low-life evil *******s like this reproduce like rabbits... to only bring children into this world to break, abuse and hurt...

We are all trying to think of something special to do for these children. The reality is they don’t know how an average person lives day to day.

Simple things such as having soap, shampoo, deodorant, towels and wash clothes for a daily bath would make them jump for joy. Add to that a toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush and comb, clean underware and clean clothes to put on, these children would think they were living a life of luxury!

I read in an article that they had to be trained in personal hygiene. Something each of us take for granted!

It is heart breaking to think there are so many ruined lives all because two parents had such crazy far fetched ideas on raising their children.

Exactly,

The smallest little things that everyone takes for granted in a normal family environment, is likely to bring happy tears and elation from the kids! Even being able to shower regularly and go the bathroom in a real clean bathroom, wearing clean clothes in a clean house, is going to be like a birthday party and Christmas for them to another child.

The only thing that those horrible people did right according to the information released is that the kids are friendly and well-mannered in terms of being respectable. This was probably out of fear more than anything else. This will help them learn life skills and social development. The smallest act of kindness and love is going to make them so happy!

Satch

One year I had the perfect classroom for awhile. I had a student that has reactive attachment disorder . He would plan evil things for the other students in the class. Clever things such as setting something up so,it would fall on a student.

I was basically his personal,assistant until he was placed in residential treatment. I watched him as much as I could, but being the teacher meant I had the other students as well.

The children in my classroom were incredibly well behaved.

When he left, I,told the students he was going to a different school. One of the children raised his hand and asked if it was obediemce school.

The children became their normal nosiy rambunctious selves.

One of the mothers told me that the children were terrified of this boy. And I thought I was doing a good job of protecting them.

I bet terror made the 13 kids well behaved in public as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase