CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some reports say they'd not give out their names in public. They may have had nicknames to give out, when asked, out on public trips.

They may have considered this a special occasion? Several of them gave their names, and "Elvis" used them a few times.

My old photographer friend called it the "Toyota! shot" when everyone jumps in the air for the photo. She enjoyed doing it with bridal parties. I could see LT being familiar with posing. Or maybe she saw it done and had the kids recreate it (the 2nd red shirt photo with hands folded and arms crossed at wrists comes to mind).

The body language is very interesting and could be telling, I think. For example, I believe the oldest girl is standing close to her possibly similarly aged cousin in one family photo. I hope they have a familial connection. That family makes me nervous, but they've stayed out of the media and that one image of possible closeness has stayed with me.

I do kind of think they went to a studio or something for the blue shirts shots.

If these other places, and Disney Land, is like Disney World, there are photo ops all around. You just pose yourself in front of them and stand still. I'm not reading a whole lot into the pics just yet, because I'd say it took a bit to get the 14-15 people posed, for a quick photo. There were probably others milling around for a photo op too. The kids had probably been told, by parents, to smile, hands down, no moving around. I know at DW you can buy types of packages with your trip and get X # of photo ops included, iirc. My grandkids have several of these type photos, but it's only one or two kids at a time, that they are working with, plus two parents (at times). I think LT might have a fixation on Tinkerbell, fwiw.

Edit: I agree with the theory on the arms folded in lap. or hands at sides. It reminds me of old school photos they used to do around here when photogs would come through. They had a thing about hands folded in front of you. I guess it tidies up the photo. It also keeps sibs/ students from poking one another, and having stray hands and arms all over, I'd guess.

BBM.
First off, my heart is broken too! He seems like such a nice kid/adult. I feel so bad for each and everyone of them but especially him. This is just MOO, but I feel like he was targeted more than the others. The pictures from 2015 where he looks to be 15-ish are devastating when you realize he was around 20 years old.

Second, I believe these pictures are from 2011 so she (#8) would have been around 11 years old. I'm not sure how old that would make the youngest (#12)? Maybe around 5/6.

Are you talking about the boy who might need corrective lenses? If so, I'm not a hugger, but I'd like to just hug that child.

Are you talking about the boy who might need corrective lenses? If so, I'm not a hugger, but I'd like to just hug that child.

That's why I wish I had skills to add their numbers at the very least. I personally was referencing the middle boy, JT. ;) Sorry, he is number 4 in birth order, I think. And I think he may also appear to need corrective lenses. And a hug (or not if he's not into touching, but I would like to hug him, yes).

I’ve wondered if the time they met up with cousins at Disney didn’t spark an interest in escape. Something said that made one of the siblings, our hero possibly, think that this is not right. Or even an off the cuff remark about calling 911. And then later at the “2 years” ago timeframe he or she started talking to siblings about what the cousin said and planning their escape.

I agree. I've got the unblurred image of their pic with all of them. The cousins look genuinely happy and healthy. I bet the Ts were sweatin' bullets during that visit. I've a feeling they were sorta pushed into the visit. Brother's family probably arrived with parents. Parents were in their mid 70s at the time. Mine had slowed down on doing long trips by that age.

Good eye, great comparisons. You've piqued my curiosity. In my family noses get bigger and wider with age. I wonder what others will have to say.
I don't know. I sort of grew into mine. It seems bigger in my older pics.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's why I wish I had skills to add their numbers at the very least. I personally was referencing the middle boy, JT. ;) Sorry, he is number 4 in birth order, I think. And I think he may also appear to need corrective lenses. And a hug (or not if he's not into touching, but I would like to hug him, yes).

Hugs? Not just him, all of them. They have been through so much.

I agree. I've got the unblurred image of their pic with all of them. The cousins look genuinely happy and healthy. I bet the Ts were sweatin' bullets during that visit. I've a feeling they were sorta pushed into the visit. Brother's family probably arrived with parents. Parents were in their mid 70s at the time. Mine had slowed down on doing long trips by that age.

I saw what I believed at the time to be a close up of the unblurred picture with the cousins. It showed #11 or #12 with bruising. I didn't personally find it and zoom in (those subpar skills again). Have you seen the bruising picture I'm speaking of? It is not allowed here obviously, tho it was here where I saw it posted briefly.

Hugs? Not just him, all of them. They have been through so much.

My soul needs to jump off your post here. Especially after "visiting" with them through their pictures the last 24 hours.

I'd rent a nature center for them and have a sleepover. A nice warm fire in a huge room with sage and cedar and sweet grass and lavender filling the air. Crafts and activities that get dirty! All the warm water and soap. And more pillows and blankets and resting areas than you could possibly need. And probably 12 other websleuthers to give everyone one on one attention as needed and keep the party going in 13 different directions at once!

I'm still stuck on the pic of then with the 'thing shirts' and that arm. If you look closely you can see that little girl already had a hand around her, it's above the big hand and partially under her hair. Just don't know what to make of it.

I'm still stuck on the pic of then with the 'thing shirts' and that arm. If you look closely you can see that little girl already had a hand around her, it's above the big hand and partially under her hair. Just don't know what to make of it.

You know, I think there are a bunch of skinny, awkward individuals in that picture doing their very best to follow directions and "squeeze in like you love each other" for the photographer. Hands and arms go at odd angles. They are fully grown people in those, 12 years+, with long limbs they didn't get to use on a daily basis, imo.

ETA: meant with only respect toward you and the beautiful, skinny, awkward, amazing, magnificent individuals

You know, I think there are a bunch of skinny, awkward individuals in that picture doing their best to follow directions and squeeze in like you love each other for the photographer. Hands and arms go at odd angles. They are full grown people in those, 12+, with long limbs they didn't get to use on a daily basis, imo.

You have a point there.

Somewhat OT, but since we are studying pictures, something odd always strikes me about LT's nose. Anyone else? See comparison pictures, has she had a nose job? If so, for cosmetic reasons? Or broken at some time?
attachment.php

Angles and Age...

Your nose definitely changes with aging.

Most of the pictures of them all together look extremely posed, but there seems to be a common theme running through them of the siblings with their arms in front and crossed at the wrists.

Any ideas what that might be about?

The body language is interesting, though i don't know a lot about it. The siblings always seem far more comfortable with each other than with LT and DT, which doesn't imply healthy family life to me...we know that, but even if we didn't know anything about them I think it would be an interesting case study in body language.

The one with them all sort of touching, it's like someone's told them that it's odd that there's so little physical contact between them in photos and they've staged this fake contact for effect. Then there's the one with them all leaping as if for happiness in a sort of emulation of an over-done advertising gimmick for a product. Everything seems to be done with cold calculation.

RSBM - To me, I read the body language as being uncomfortable with the camera and attention being on them. In a family like this, I would guess "flying under the radar" becomes your norm. You never want to draw too much attention to yourself and it appear to me the children are uncomfortable with the attention of the camera.

My soul needs to jump off your post here. Especially after "visiting" with them through their pictures the last 24 hours.

I'd rent a nature center for them and have a sleepover. A nice warm fire in a huge room with sage and cedar and sweet grass and lavender filling the air. Crafts and activities that get dirty! All the warm water and soap. And more pillows and blankets and resting areas than you could possibly need. And probably 12 other websleuthers to give everyone one on one attention as needed and keep the party going in 13 different directions at once!

By all means! Lots of open air and fun activities of whatever they want. They probably don't want "one-on-one" so much as "many-on-many", if you know what I mean, because they cling to each other. So yeah, group activities! Just so they know they are special.

I know, they have a LONG way to go before they will feel at all special. But they deserve to be spoiled and showered with the kindness that has been so lacking in their lives.

You know, I think there are a bunch of skinny, awkward individuals in that picture doing their very best to follow directions and "squeeze in like you love each other" for the photographer. Hands and arms go at odd angles. They are fully grown people in those, 12 years+, with long limbs they didn't get to use on a daily basis, imo.

ETA: meant with only respect toward you and the beautiful, skinny, awkward, amazing, magnificent individuals

That's exactly the point I tried to make before. Thanks. I've seen at least two other pictures with the family in those Dr. Seuss shirts, which I assumed was from the same outing - one stair-step and one lined up - and I didn't see anything amiss in either one.

I was wondering if it might be an issue with speech. Thanks for checking this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500