GUILTY CA - 3 found murdered after child calls 911, Fullerton, 24 Sept 2016

On the day of the slayings, Goodwill ducked under yellow crime scene tape and began crying as she talked with a Fullerton police officer, who put his arm around her.

After a few minutes, she was placed in a police cruiser and driven away.

On Tuesday, Goodwill declined to talk about the homicide investigation or the suspects, saying the matter was in the hands of the legal system.

“I’m just taking it one day at a time,” she said.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/yost-731105-slayings-fullerton.html

On the day of the slayings, Goodwill ducked under yellow crime scene tape and began crying as she talked with a Fullerton police officer, who put his arm around her.

After a few minutes, she was placed in a police cruiser and driven away.

On Tuesday, Goodwill declined to talk about the homicide investigation or the suspects, saying the matter was in the hands of the legal system.

“I’m just taking it one day at a time,” she said.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/yost-731105-slayings-fullerton.html

Thanks for the update. When that story came out I did not know that the woman who arrived was Goodwill.

Very sad.

Any new information on this case?

Thanks for the update. When that story came out I did not know that the woman who arrived was Goodwill.

Very sad.

It's a confusing story. Why was Goodwill put in the police car? The article ends so abruptly, without explaining that.

?

Any new information on this case?

A search of Orange County inmate records shows that Acosta's next court date is January 13, 2017.

I can't search the actual court records regarding details of the hearings, etc. without registering, and I don't feel like doing that right now.

Any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any updates?

Acosta has a pretrial hearing of some sort on June 30th.

Usually in California, these types of cases take years to get to trial. Five to seven years is not unheard of. This is a special circumstances case which is eligible for the death penalty, and they can take what seems like forever to reach a final disposition. The justice system is an absolute mess in this state.

Thanks so much JoeFromLB!

Trial began Monday for a 23-year-old Army mechanic who, prosecutors say, fatally shot a Fullerton couple and their friend as they slept because he believed the couple had been abusing their daughter. The defendant’s attorney told jurors the man was autistic and had been “duped” into committing the 2016 slayings.

According to prosecutors, Joshua Acosta was stationed at Fort Irwin when, he told police, he decided on his own to kill Christopher Yost, 34, and his wife, Jennifer Yost, 39, to “free” his friend, the couple’s then-17-year-old daughter, Katlynn Goodwill Yost.

A Deputy District Attorney told jurors that Acosta said the third victim, Arthur “Billy” Boucher, 28, was “collateral damage” because he was not expected to have been there at the time.

Trial begins for suspect in 2016 Fullerton triple-homicide, a case that has links to ‘furry’ community – Orange County Register

Court records on Frank Felix, the other defendant in this case, have been sealed. There is nothing in news sources about a trial, etc.
I'm assuming it was put on hold due to the coronavirus. All trials in Orange County were stopped in March and I'm not sure if any have resumed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back