Found Deceased CA - Adea Shabani, 25, Hollywood, 23 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some basics for those that aren't familiar with how the police operate.

The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you. They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hoursif you're suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the constitutions of the individual states guarantee the right to a speedy trial.

So in other words it would be idiotic to charge someone without having the evidence necessary to charge and successfully convict them because they only get that one shot.

Just because they weren't able to arrest him does not mean they were not watching him or collecting evidence to build their case. IMO it's inappropriate to show disdain towards a hard working police department.

Wow channel 4 nbc just said he was the suspect from the very beginning. Some people saw him put Adea in the back of HIS truck looking like she was drugged. They said it was his truck so maybe it wasn’t stolen?

I'm thinking maybe his fiance gave him the truck to use, or maybe a family member lent it to him. But at some point they wanted it back and they reported it as stolen.

That would be a good way for the cops to find him--if the truck was put out on a BOLO as stolen.

Called him on the phone? They didn't bring him in for questioning after people saw him put Adea in his truck? wth?

They cannot force him to come in. And they need evidence before they can charge him with anything.

Just getting on here for the first time today. Utterly heartbroken. I so wanted her to be alive. Thank you to her friends and to all of you who have been following.
Hopefully more details will be released soon and she can go home to her family.
So sorry for yet another beautiful life tragically ended for no good reason.

They cannot force him to come in. And they need evidence before they can charge him with anything.

If he was a POI from the very beginning, even a suspect, it makes sense that LE was so quiet during the investigation. He could have been a flight risk.

If he was a POI from the very beginning, even a suspect, it makes sense that LE was so quiet during the investigation. He could have been a flight risk.

That's what I was thinking when they hadn't posted the normal "last seen" details in their request for information.

Here are some basics for those that aren't familiar with how the police operate.

The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you. They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hoursif you're suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.

The Sixth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the constitutions of the individual states guarantee the right to a speedy trial.

So in other words it would be idiotic to charge someone without having the evidence necessary to charge and successfully convict them because they only get that one shot.

Just because they weren't able to arrest him does not mean they were not watching him or collecting evidence to build their case. IMO it's inappropriate to show disdain towards a hard working police department.

If what is being said (still awaiting a link) is true and there were witnesses that saw him put her in his vehicle, possibly under the influence, and she ends up missing, I do believe that warrants someone coming in for questioning regardless. I actually would find it appalling if the police did not bring the suspect in for questioning under the assumed witness accounts. Again, waiting for a link.

ETA: I hope I didn’t come across snarky, it’s just a frustrating situation all around.

Jmo, moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If what is being said (still awaiting a link) is true and there were witnesses that saw him put her in his vehicle, possibly under the influence, and she ends up missing, I do believe that warrants someone coming in for questioning regardless. I actually would find it appalling if the police did not bring the suspect in for questioning under the assumed witness accounts. Again, waiting for a link.

Jmo, moo

There was a friend of Adea's on here the other day that said the boyfriend had a fiancé and that Adea was trying to get her keys back. He said that the guy lawyered up so I am assuming that they did try to talk to him further.

ETA: I hope I didn’t come across snarky, it’s just a frustrating situation all around.

Jmo, moo

The cops cannot force someone to come and speak with them, even if witnesses say they saw them together, etc. He has his rights to lawyer up and not talk to LE. They cannot force him to come in until they charge him with a crime. And even then, he doesn't have to speak to them.

It is frustrating for sure. But it does help protect all of us in cases where innocents are being wrongly accused.

The cops cannot force someone to come and speak with them, even if witnesses say they saw them together, etc. He has his rights to lawyer up and not talk to LE. They cannot force him to come in until they charge him with a crime. And even then, he doesn't have to speak to them.

Wow. So until they have all the evidence to actually charge someone, that someone can refuse to go in and be questioned? I guess people being hauled in for questioning should just take off or lawyer up. Seems like going along with the questioning is just a courtesy that we're not at all obligated to do. But most do it because they think they have to. I'm surprised more suspects don't run. So many allow themselves to be questioned and interrogated and give themselves away. (Thankfully, for the rest of us)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow. So until they have all the evidence to actually charge someone, that someone can refuse to go in and be questioned? I guess people being hauled in for questioning should just take off or lawyer up. Seems like going along with the questioning is just a courtesy that we're not at all obligated to do. But most do it because they think they have to. I'm surprised more suspects don't run. So many allow themselves to be questioned and interrogated and give themselves away. (Thankfully, for the rest of us)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am certainly not saying that people should just take off and refuse to be questioned. If one is innocent and/or wants to help clear up the situation, going in and giving an alibi and explanation can clear you.

But you have to be CERTAIN that your explanation and alibi are valid. If not, you can make the situation much worse for yourself.

Many lawyers advise people to NEVER EVER speak to LE without a lawyer present and then to just answer when the lawyer nods yes.

The problem with that is it keeps one on the 'suspect' list and that is not such a good thing either.

When I was in college I worked in a clothing store. Money and clothing was being taken from the store and so the owner came in and asked ALL of the employees to come in and speak to him and the investigator.

One of my co-workers told all of us to refuse and said so because he was in law school and knew his rights. All of us but 3 agreed to go speak to them.

I didn't steal the money or the clothes so I wanted to go say so. But I was nervous. The next day, the 3 who wouldn't be interviewed were fired from their jobs. The rest of us kept our jobs. I think one of those 3 was guilty. lol

According to Adea’s Instagram, they were indeed scene partners in October 2017. She played Lady Anne and Spotz played Richard III in a scene together. Richard III, a womanizer, woos and murders Lady Anne in the play (Shakespeare’s Richard III). Creepy.

Jmo, moo

You don't come across as snarky at all. It's a frustrating situation but I like to give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt because I know that when they hold information back it is usually for a good reason.

For its population, L.A. has a pretty low homicide rate and a good clearance rate especially when you separate out gang violence.

http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/2017-homi-report-final.pdf

Poor girl.
She was lucky to have a friend as Amasri.
And she was smart enough to record this creepy guy. He should burn in hell.
I am heartbroken for her mum.
<modsnip>

Just jumping in, sorry...not what we were hoping for!

(And regardless if anyone or everyone saw it coming...why do humans need to toot their own horns!!!!???) :thinking:

Regardless, who was in the truck with him when he killed himself???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa