CA - Aiden Leos, 6, fatally shot in road rage confrontation, Orange, 21 May 2021 *Arrests*

IMO, she will fend being scared of him. I doubt that will work. As an aside, she doesn't seem to be able to drive anywhere without causing trouble. I'm sure they will charge her with as much as they can and hopefully that will end up meaning prison time.

-MOO

JUN 16, 2021
Details Emerge From Prosecutors on Killing of 6-Year-Old Aiden Leos on Freeway in OC – NBC Los Angeles
[...]

During the week of May 24-28, the two got into another "altercation on the freeway," prosecutors said.

"As Wynne Lee was driving on the 91 eastbound on the way to work with defendant Eriz as her front passenger, a driver in a blue Tesla did something to make defendant Eriz angry, acting aggressively," prosecutors alleged.

"Defendant Eriz again took out his gun and brandished it to the driver of the Tesla. That driver told the defendants that he had called the police and then he drove away."

[...]

The couple also applied for a new job after May 28, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors argue that Eriz is an "extreme danger to the community" who has "shown that he cannot control his temper and he goes to extremes in the snap of a finger when he is angered."

Eriz has "multiple firearms in his possession," including an "AR, a revolver and the Glock 17 that was used in this murder," prosecutors argued.

[...]

Both defendants were originally being held on $1 million bail, but Yellin tentatively increased Eriz's bail to $2 million, and dropped Lee's bail to $500,000.

Those bail amounts, which were requested by prosecutors, will remain in place until Friday's arraignment, when attorneys will present their arguments to keep the bails at $2 million and $500,000.

Bail could potentially be reduced further for Lee, who was originally booked on suspicion of murder but was only charged with being an accessory, Yellin said.

There is some interesting information in this article.

I did not realize that the altercation played out over several miles. I had envisioned the entire episode lasting less than a minute.

JUN 16, 2021
Couple arrested in Aiden Leos shooting got into different freeway altercation, prosecutors say (foxla.com)
[...]

In an interview with investigators on June 6, Eriz said he "was angry after being `flipped off' by Ms. Cloonan, so he grabbed his loaded Glock 17 9mm and racked a round," according to the motion.

"He then rolled the passenger window down and took a shot at her vehicle. After shooting the victim, the defendants continued on to the 91 eastbound and on to work in the city of Highland."

[...]
Snipped and bold by me.
Terrifying. I think we're lucky it wasn't worse.

Prayers for Aiden Leos and his family.

Snipped and bold by me.
Terrifying. I think we're lucky it wasn't worse.

Prayers for Aiden Leos and his family.

Oh, I agree so much with this comment.

We've seen from his videos that he is a reckless and unrestrained shooter.

He coukd easily have run off another couple of shots and hit Aiden's mother. And his GF wasn't going to do anything to stop him.

Nor did she prohibit guns from her vehicle, even knowing he told her he had killed Aiden after seeing the APB Bulletin.

These are both reckless dangerous people who should be locked away from innocent people for a long time.

Oh, I agree so much with this comment.

We've seen from his videos that he is a reckless and unrestrained shooter.

He coukd easily have run off another couple of shots and hit Aiden's mother. And his GF wasn't going to do anything to stop him.

Nor did she prohibit guns from her vehicle, even knowing he told her he had killed Aiden after seeing the APB Bulletin.

These are both reckless dangerous people who should be locked away from innocent people for a long time.
And after they find out that he killed a six year old child, she allows him in her car with a gun, and there is another incident. Thankfuly nobody was hurt that time.

No, you're not following along. The murder was on Friday May 21. The photo of the VW was publicized a week later Friday May 28. It was earlier that workweek that BF went into another road rage waving his gun.

They prolly saw the freeway signs "Who shot Aiden?" but are so stupid or so drug-addled that they woulda needed the sign to say "Who shot at a car?" for it to make any sense to them.

So the sequence is...

May 28: authorities publicize VW photo
May 28: 90% of public sees photo
May 28: subset of above who know 55/91fwy commuters who use that car, called in tips
May 28: coworker prolly called in tip
May 28: Tesla driver prolly called in a tip
May 28: many others prolly called in a tip
May 28: coworker mentions story and photo to unaware BF
May 28: BF tells unaware GF
May 28: BF's grandma is outta town on vacation
May 28: last day GF or anybody drove the VW

ETA: the biggest news to me is that BF apparently confessed -- that would seem to reduce the value of GF's potential "cooperation in exchange for leniency"

Last edited:
No, you're not following along. The murder was on Friday May 21. The photo of the VW was publicized a week later Friday May 28. It was earlier that workweek that BF went into another road rage waving his gun.

They prolly saw the freeway signs "Who shot Aiden?" but are so stupid or so drug-addled that they woulda needed the sign to say "Who shot at a car?" for it to make any sense to them.

So the sequence is...

May 28: subset of above who know 55/91fwy commuters who use that car, called in tips

ETA: the biggest news to me is that BF apparently confessed -- that would seem to reduce the value of GF's potential "cooperation in exchange for leniency"

JUN 17, 2021
Couple aware they killed Aiden Leos a week later, filing says - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
In the days after, the couple continued commuting to work in Highland even as banners appeared on the freeway fences beside them, asking, “Who shot Aiden Leos?” One day, a Tesla driver reported that Eriz brandished a gun at him while the couple drove to work on the 91 Freeway. Not until a co-worker informed Eriz of the boy’s death a week later did he realize that he had killed someone, according to court documents.

JUN 18, 2021
Aiden Leos: Man who allegedly fatally shot the 6-year-old in a road rage incident had brandished a gun days later - CNN
The pair is scheduled to be arraigned in the Orange County Superior Court on Friday at 12 p.m. ET, at which time the judge will reconsider bail.

It is unclear whether Eriz or Lee have secured legal counsel. CNN's calls to the public defender's office were not immediately returned.

So the sequence is...

If you are addressing this to me, I did not mean it was the same day. Sorry if confusion. I just meant for the second event, the GF was aware of what happened with Aiden.

The attorneys spoke then Judge Yellin spoke, then the court went offline. GF in custody, now appearing on Webex, but apparent court ruling prevents streaming it.

ETA: it live streamed from 1003-1029 PDT
VW was a gift from parents.
GF maybe quit her job May 28, not clear tho.
Everybody agreed GF bail will be reduced but decision postponed and they wanna have in writing what her arrangements would be.

Last edited:
Noting:
  • Eriz's attorney is Randy Berthune.
  • A determination on Lee’s bail amount is scheduled for Friday, June 25.
  • Eriz and Lee appeared in the courtroom virtually because they are in a mandatory 14-day quarantine at the county jail.
  • Prosecutors plan to argue a “depraved heart theory” in which he acted with such reckless disregard that he should have known he was creating an unusually high risk of death to another person.

JUN 18, 2021
Aiden Leos: Couple charged in road-rage shooting death of 6-year-old plead not guilty - ABC7 Los Angeles
The couple accused in the road-rage shooting that killed 6-year-old Aiden Leos have pleaded not guilty to the charges against them.

[...]

Eriz, who was previously being held on $2 million, was ordered to remain jailed without bail. ...

[...]

Bail for Lee, who is charged as an alleged accessory in the shooting death of the boy, will remain at $500,000, but Orange County Superior Court Judge Larry Yellin has asked that Lee undergo a background review ahead of another bail hearing set for next Friday.

A pretrial hearing was scheduled for Aug. 27.

[...]

Suspects Plead Not Guilty in Aiden Leos Shooting – NBC Los Angeles
[...]

Lee's attorney Tom Nocella argued that according to the law, his client's bail should be $20,000 to $25,000. Her parents are prepared to post the bail and provide a residence for her, Nocella said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back