CA CA - Alfred Grimes 14, & Sammy Jackson 14, Monterey, 14 Dec 1968

4.30am wow seems awfully early for kids to be out but it was a different did they regularly go at this time every weekend etc? Because then some one might have known their habits

The fish bite better early in the morning. Alot of people fish at that time. The article uptread says that they regularily went fishing every Sat. morning.

The fish bite better early in the morning. Alot of people fish at that time. The article uptread says that they regularily went fishing every Sat. morning.

Sad really someone might have known their habit of this and took it to their advantage. Did anyone see them during the morning at the wharf?

CA - CA - Woodside, WhtMale Child 771UMCA, 9-12, near Huddart Park, Sep'75

771UMCA

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

I wonder whether Sammy Jackson wore a rosary as part of his daily outfit. The timeline of his disappearance is about 4 years earlier than the estimated YOD of this unidentified young man but his physical description is mostly a match. Sammy and Alfred disappeared Dec. 14, 1968 and this UID was located on October 20, 1975 in Woodside, CA. There were partial skeletal remains and clothing found along with the rosary. According to The Doe Network profile the skeleton had "extensive decay in the lower teeth suggesting the child had poor or no dental care prior to his death." The profile also suggests that "he may have been part of a migrant family working the circuit of seasonal harvests."

Sammy's picture posted on his profiles doesn't show his teeth which would help in determining whether he had any decayed/decaying teeth and what type of dental care he might have had during his lifetime. I wish there were more information about what they were wearing that day or what they usually wore when going out to fish. This UID little man wore "Dark blue long-sleeved sweater/jacket with snaps and a reg/green/black/gray verticle striping; long-sleeve jacket liner, 7 or 7.5 sixed boots with 3 hook and 4 eyelet lace openings; laces missing; white oblique striped sole pattern on forefoot and tranverse striping on heel, and Wooden rosary beads with cross pendant with white metal clasp; body/corpus missing and some wood beads missing; "Italy" inscribed on cross". His remains were found just about 2 hours away "1/4 mile south of entrance to Huddart Park 1100 Kings Mountain Road Woodside, California 94027 San Mateo County".

His physical stats are:
Male, White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Range (Years) 9-12
Estimated Year of Death 1972-1974
Estimated PMI Years
Height 4' 10"(58 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Unfortunately we may never know who this UID is because supposedly "Fingerprints: Not Available DNA: Not Available. Sample not retained and location of remains unknown."

Sammy Lloyd Jackson

sammy_lloyd_jackson_1.jpg

Sammy, circa 1968

• Missing Since 12/14/1968
  • Missing From Monterey County, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/08/1955 (65)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'8, 75 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sammy's nickname is Sam.
Details of Disappearance

Sammy disappeared with his friend, Alfred Grimes, from Monterey County, California on December 14, 1968.

The two boys got up in the early morning hours to go fishing at Fisherman's Wharf, something they did regularly. A bus driver remembered seeing them at the bus stop at 4:30 a.m. and spoke to Alfred. He let them off on Del Monte Avenue near the wharf.

Neither of them have ever been heard from again. When Alfred didn't return home or call by 5:00 p.m., his father went out looking for him. He called the police after he couldn't find any sign of the two boys.

Sammy's family lived in the 3100 block of Ninole Drive at the time of his disappearance. The boys' cases remain unsolved. It's possible that they drowned, but the circumstances of their disappearances are unclear.

Investigating Agency
  • Monterey County Sheriff's Department 531-755-3722
Source Information

Alfred James Grimes
alfred_james_grimes_1.jpg

Alfred, circa 1968

• Missing Since 12/14/1968
  • Missing From Monterey County, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/09/1954 (66)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 110 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Alfred's nickname is Al.
Details of Disappearance

Alfred disappeared with his friend, Sammy Jackson, from Monterey County, California on December 14, 1968.

The two boys got up in the early morning hours to go fishing at Fisherman's Wharf, something they did regularly. A bus driver remembered seeing them at the bus stop at 4:30 a.m. and spoke to Alfred. He let them off on Del Monte Avenue near the wharf.

Neither of them have ever been heard from again. When Alfred didn't return home or call by 5:00 p.m., his father went out looking for him. He called the police after he couldn't find any sign of the two boys.

Authorities are uncertain what happened to Sammy and Alfred, but Alfred's parents don't believe he ran away because he wasn't having any problems and he didn't take any extra clothes or money with him. His family lived in the 100 block of Hilo Street in Marina, California at the time of his disappearance, and he has two younger sisters. His parents later moved to Salinas, California.

Alfred and Sammy's cases remain unsolved. It's possible that they drowned, but the circumstances of their disappearances are unclear.

Investigating Agency
  • Monterey County Sheriff's Department 531-755-3722
Source Information

Just throwing this out there, has anyone considered John Norman's trafficking ring?

Hello all. My mother is Alfred Grimes’ youngest sister. Unfortunately both of my grandparents and my mom have passed away, but I still have a lot of interest in this case and hope to get the closure I know they were all wanting someday. It’s amazing to see people still discussing it on here! Tomorrow will be 53 years since they disappeared…

Hello all. My mother is Alfred Grimes’ youngest sister. Unfortunately both of my grandparents and my mom have passed away, but I still have a lot of interest in this case and hope to get the closure I know they were all wanting someday. It’s amazing to see people still discussing it on here! Tomorrow will be 53 years since they disappeared…

Welcome. Do you have any memories of relatives talking about it? I am sorry your family experienced this tragedy. There is a lot of hope on this website for older cases to be solved, though. Now with DNA testing, sometimes they are.

I was very young when my grandparents passed away so I don’t have any memories of them discussing it. My mom and I would talk about it often, but she had very little information/memories too because she was quite young when he went missing.

sammy_lloyd_jackson_1.jpg
alfred_james_grimes_1.jpg

Sammy Lloyd Jackson (left) and Alfred James Grimes both 14 years old
Missing since 14 December 1968 from Monterey County, California
They were last seen at Fisherman's Wharf at Monterey Harbor.

LINK:

I wonder if Patrick Kearney may be involved. He joined the U. S. Air Force in 1968 and was posted to Edwards Air Force Base, in California.
On his scorecard, he mentioned several double murders.
Randy Kraft (planilla).jpg

I wonder if Patrick Kearney may be involved. He joined the U. S. Air Force in 1968 and was posted to Edwards Air Force Base, in California.
On his scorecard, he mentioned several double murders.
View attachment 483927
An interesting list of victims, but what do the numbers and words in the two left hand columns stand for? Your link is in Spanish, and does not contain this chart.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back