CA CA - Alma Root, 14, Auburn, 1 Jan 1980

I wonder if LE checked a timeline, based on Scot Petschek's story. Where and how did they met anyway?

So he picks Violet up just after midnight in Applegate, where she resides with her grandmother (which one, btw?) So basically he had a whole night to do something to her and hide her body, depending on the truth about them visiting his grandmother with her.

He claimed they had gone to his grandmother’s house in Penryn, California. (via I-80 Applegate to Penryn, is a 17 minutes drive)
  • Did his grandmother confirmed this visit of both of them at the time? Were there other family members at -I suppose to have been some kind of "new-years celebration"- in granny's house, who could confirm this and saw her?
  • Did they stay overnight at his grandmother's place (times were different then, but hé...) or did they leave and if they leave, at what time, going to?
  • Did he live alone (where?). Could he have taken Violet to his own place or was he still living with his parents or maybe even at his grandmother's?
  • When was it time for him to leave for work at McClellan Air Force Base? Did he actually worked there the 1st and at what time did he clocked in? (Route Penryn to the air force base is a 24 minutes drive, route Penryn to Rio Linda is a 28 minutes drive, according to Google-maps)
BTW I found a couple of people with the Root surname in Rio Linda, no idea they are related with Violet and it's more recent. Could it be an uncle, nephew or cousin living there, instead of an aunt. I guess her sisters checked that out already.

For now I think Violet is no longer with us.

Also interesting Duo keeping area's cold cases alive

Some Jane/John Doe Cold Cases mentioned, among others:

Jan. 6, 1985 – Two hunters found a human skull off Boole Road near Canyon Way. Additional bones were later found and determined to belong to a 16- or 17-year-old female.
Aug. 4, 1986 – PG&E workers found a human skull in a drainage ditch near Highway 20 and I-80. The skull is believed to be that of a Caucasian female in her mid-teens to early 20s.
Feb. 10, 1990 – Two hunters found the body of a white or Hispanic woman, about 5’ to 5’4” in her late teens to early 20s, off Yankee Jims Road. She had been deceased for 12 to 16 weeks at the time of the discovery.

For Pollock, the focus is on bringing the perpetrator to justice.
“There are several cases where there’s no doubt in my mind who did it. It’s a matter of gathering those bits of evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they’re guilty,” he said. “I’ve learned not to get excited until the cuffs are on somebody.”
In the meantime, Pollock continues to plug away at what may, at times, seem like a never-ending task.
“Somebody out there thinks they got away with murder. To think that somebody took the precious life of somebody and is out there walking the streets,” he continued. “Not only do they need to be brought to justice, but they must be prevented from doing that again.” Tavares agrees.

And this, maybe already posted upthread. Gone but not forgotten

To this day, investigators have found no trace of Root.

To this day, Petschek, who investigators say is a person of interest in the case, remains adamant that he had nothing to do with the fate of a girl who “could do what she want.”

At one point, Lewis’ investigation led her to a well behind Petschek’s grandmother’s Penryn home.

“The rumor was she may have been put in a well,” Lewis said. “We went down with a camera in the well and didn’t find anything.”

Who is able to tell a family member "Don't worry, you will never find her" and "she was just a throwaway"!!!

I once asked the WS "oldies" if there is a millage range between the crime scene and a dumping place. The told me it was mostly around 20 miles in a circle. Still wonder about the timeline and if he was able to drive far more then 20 miles to conceal her body.

I sure hope her remains are found very soon from now and before Scot dies, so justice can still be served.

This poor girl only knew abuse from men. It is so unfair.

There is definitely something very wrong with a man in his 20s who wants to date a 14-year-old.

My heart goes out to Alma's sisters, too. I hope they will receive answers.

This poor girl only knew abuse from men. It is so unfair.

There is definitely something very wrong with a man in his 20s who wants to date a 14-year-old.

My heart goes out to Alma's sisters, too. I hope they will receive answers.
I agree with you, ChatteringBirds; however, during that time period it was very common and more acceptable than it is today.

I did see that the pedophile boyfriend died in 1991, always hopeful the dirtbags will reveal more information with the passing of time or before their own deaths for selfish purposes but it doesn’t seem that occurred. I’m so confused looking at his history he and his mother died the same day? I hope her sisters get closure for Violet in their lifetimes.
Actually, after looking at megans law website I see that he could not have died when ancestry says he did OR idk what’s going on because he has the same name and same dob!? Yet committed a crime after the death date and looks old in the photo so that’s pretty odd plus it says he’s in violation so where is this guy!? So shady.

Attachments

• 673D1872-3608-45C1-9063-5BE23E57F9EC.jpeg
    673D1872-3608-45C1-9063-5BE23E57F9EC.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 11
  • C6C53F22-26D4-4BDD-9159-30351DF296BA.jpeg
    C6C53F22-26D4-4BDD-9159-30351DF296BA.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 85A7D948-103E-48ED-8D63-4BC40B9968BA.jpeg
    85A7D948-103E-48ED-8D63-4BC40B9968BA.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 13
Actually, after looking at megans law website I see that he could not have died when ancestry says he did OR idk what’s going on because he has the same name and same dob!? Yet committed a crime after the death date and looks old in the photo so that’s pretty odd plus it says he’s in violation so where is this guy!? So shady.
He didn't die as far as I could find on FamilySearch and My Heritage. I didn't find a death record in the U.S. Public Records Index. I did find a marriage record from 1978 under the name Scot Petschek though. I suppose this marriage didn't last long. Looking at his picture, sorry to say...what a total creeper.

I will ask that question of the detective (I have her email).

It seems with the fact that he is an RSO, he seems like the most likely suspect: he was the last person known to have sen her, his story about the aunt doesn't float, and he has since been convicted of attempted child molestation. I have to believe that he did it. The question is: how do we prove it?

Also, I am going to email everybody that has information about Alma's case on the web and have them correct his name and update the fact that he is a RSO (even the Placer County Sheriffs Department has his name listed wrong). This may help break some bit of new evidence loose that can wrap this up.
He is a weirdo ibused to rent a room from a friend of mines mom something told look his name up one day and i found his picture on the sex offender list and the article he lives in sacramento now has been for years actually he doesnt reside there anymore neither do i thank GOD

He didn't die as far as I could find on FamilySearch and My Heritage. I didn't find a death record in the U.S. Public Records Index. I did find a marriage record from 1978 under the name Scot Petschek though. I suppose this marriage didn't last long. Looking at his picture, sorry to say...what a total creeper.
He is very much alive in sacramento ca sadly i know him he is weird im glad i dont rent a room from the woman i was he is no longer ther either but yeah definitely a strange one

He is very much alive in sacramento ca sadly i know him he is weird im glad i dont rent a room from the woman i was he is no longer ther either but yeah definitely a strange one

He is very much alive i must say i used to rent a room from my friends mom and he lived there something told ne to look his name up so i did and there he was article and all im glad i moved out if that house he has too as far as i know

He is very much alive i must say i used to rent a room from my friends mom and he lived there something told ne to look his name up so i did and there he was article and all im glad i moved out if that house he has too as far as i know
Very weird man

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back