Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't explain no phone activity for hours before she left the house.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It does if her phone died.

I've thought from the beginning it was ML or someone at that house I'm just trying to explore other possibilities while we all wait to get the real story.

Those pix are amazing, Ccmama. Thanks again...

I just cannot see AY driving off road, up into that field, by herself at night. Even if she was meeting up with someone, why take the chance of driving up there? Why not just pull off safely on the side of the road?

I think someone else was driving...

Hmmm interesting idea!
I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it would be something to consider except for the fact that why she would be there alone in the first time place for the host to have any sort of opportunity ? I mean we know she ended up there but what or who got her there

I'm curious...is anyone else getting an odd feeling about this camp host? This last week I've talked to several people who frequent that location, they all say he's usually up in everyone's business. I'm finding it hard to believe he didn't know she was out there until the police informed him.
yes curious as to why he didn't notice but what or who would have had her there in the first place

I just cannot see AY driving off road, up into that field, by herself at night. Even if she was meeting up with someone, why take the chance of driving up there? Why not just pull off safely on the side of the road?

I tend to agree with you but everything about this is weird and nothing makes sense so I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

Well I finally have myself on that fence! I had to calm down from the rage I felt against ML and the adults that let Aly down, on her last night alive.I am by no means taking my eye of ML but here are a few things I am pondering.
1. The phone was pinged by the request of LE with sprints help at 4 AM Sunday.At that time , phone was in field in Yuba City. Was ML already out of town at this time? This is possibly what has me up on that fence.
2. Foul play most likely happened at 9:30-10:00 PM.And somewhere in Yuba City.
3.I am interested in any pictures of truck tire tracks from that evening.Do any exist?
as far as #2 if you go by foul play occurring at 9:30 to 10:00, ml states she left at 11, so we know closer to 10:30 was more likely so it still wouldn't let him off the hook if we use 9:30 to 10

It does if her phone died.

I've thought from the beginning it was ML or someone at that house I'm just trying to explore other possibilities while we all wait to get the real story.

I'm virtually certain that her phone didn't die. It was more than likely cut off, because it powered back up long enough to ping its location when it was found. If it had no charge, it would not have had the juice to power back up when those folks found it. It follows then that someone turned the phone off, and I doubt it was Aly.

JMO, of course.

For me, an indication of foul play is not necessarily the phone "ping" but fact that her phone wasn't found with her.

It wasn't found in the truck, it wasn't found in the mud near her truck, it was conveniently just laying on the gravel road close to her truck. Her phone wasn't "lost", her phone wasn't "forgotten" by her....

She had her phone. Something happened and she became the main focus and her phone was thought about way after fact IMO.

Maybe she went to the main entrance first( it's not in sight of homeowners surveillance cameras) and something happened there and someone else drove her truck in either an attempt to ditch it or maybe they knew it would be seen on surveillance and set it up to look like she drove down there and had an unfortunate accident .

For me, an indication of foul play is not necessarily the phone "ping" but fact that her phone wasn't found with her.

It wasn't found in the truck, it wasn't found in the mud near her truck, it was conveniently just laying on the gravel road close to her truck. Her phone wasn't "lost", her phone wasn't "forgotten" by her....

She had her phone. Something happened and she became the main focus and her phone was thought about way after fact IMO.

I agree, and since the phone pinged when it was powered back up by those who found it, we can be pretty certain that it was not dead at the time she purportedly got stuck. As such, if it was her driving and she was alone, then it follows that the FIRST thing she would have done when she got stuck was inform someone via phone that she was stuck. I don't see her first move as getting out in the mud, walking for a bit, and then ditching her phone before she could reach out to someone. Makes little sense, even for someone that may have been under the influence.

JMO, of course.

Maybe she went to the main entrance first( it's not in sight of homeowners surveillance cameras) and something happened there and someone else drove her truck in either an attempt to ditch it or maybe they knew it would be seen on surveillance and set it up to look like she drove down there and had an unfortunate accident .

How do you frame an "unfortunate accident" but don't leave the body at the scene?

Nobody has an unfortunate accident and then just wonders half a mile through mud to fall into a river? Unless they suspected that her body wouldn't be found.

PS - I like brainstorming other situations so good job!

Hello!

CCMamma - Yes, thank you for the pictures. Could you personally get to "where" the truck was found? If so, could you tell "which way" the footprints went? To the river or back to the road?

:tyou: for the link Horror!

How do you frame an "unfortunate accident" but don't leave the body at the scene?

Nobody has an unfortunate accident and then just wonders half a mile through mud to fall into a river? Unless they suspected that her body wouldn't be found.

PS - I like brainstorming other situations so good job!

Great question, I'd have to assume they probably thought they could get closer to the river than they did, getting stuck changed everything but they were already committed.

As far as her body I can only assume they thought (like most here in our community) that the body would be swept downstream probably never found. Since all this happened I for one know a lot more about drownings now than I did before. I now know that's not how it works but I had no idea before.

if she was put into the river, it seems foolhardy to do it right before two giant bends... more places to get hung up.

Was it ever confirmed exactly where her phone was found or was it only hearsay by the person who supposedly found it while jogging

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Great question, I'd have to assume they probably thought they could get closer to the river than they did, getting stuck changed everything but they were already committed.

As far as her body I can only assume they thought (like most here in our community) that the body would be swept downstream probably never found. Since all this happened I for one know a lot more about drownings now than I did before. I now know that's not how it works but I had no idea before.

Ah I see what you're saying... so maybe it was an attempt to drive the truck close enough or into the river? Why not use a boat ramp?

Yes, I know far more about that stuff than I'd like to..

Was it ever confirmed exactly where her phone was found or was it only hearsay by the person who supposedly found it while jogging

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Good question, we should ask ccmama how she pin pointed the phone location in her pictures.

I do remember there was a quote from LE in a MSM article that the phone "was there as if someone wanted it to be found".

My theory is that the truck dropped down off the levee shortly after going around the locked gate. The area between the 2 gates has several spots that don't have a ton of vegetation, making it possible to drive down into the area. Then it followed that orchard road around to the beach that can be seen on the google map image. Dumped her there, and continued on hoping to drive back out where they came in. But that corner there where her truck got stuck is all loose and deep dirt (mud that night). I have almost gotten my truck stuck in the same spot, while in 4 wheel drive, during the bone dry summer. I also am fairly familiar with the area, having been trapped down in there myself. I'm a photographer and I have been back in that area taking pictures of one of my kids. Specifically there at the river beach. We accessed the area from Cooley rd. Thru the gate that closes off the orchards to the public (this gate is on the other side of the levee down a dirt road - it can't be seen from the levee. After we were done with our photo shoot we followed the orchard road along the side of the park (almost getting stuck at the same spot as her truck) and headed back to Cooley rd to leave. Except the owners had closed and locked the gate after we had gone thru it. I know the ppl, but was too embarrassed to call and ask them to open it [emoji51] so I drove along the orchard road next to the levee and found a good spot to drive up and over to get back out. It's pretty sketchy driving up and down the levee where the road isn't. I can't see a young girl doing it in the pitch black dark. Although I can see a local - someone who has grown up here knowing where to drive down to get into the orchard area. Like I have said before, that little beach area is a spot that teenagers go and have bonfires and party. So the local ppl who grew up here know about it. ML grew up here in the area. If I'm able to get back there soon I will go and take a video of the area. Not sure when that will be tho. I'm sure the gate will be locked for the near future (and you cannot drive around it because of cement walls on each side) the ppl living down Cooley rd have taken down the street sign at the intersection of metteer and Cooley. I'm sure there has been a lot of traffic since all of this. There is only 1 home down that road. So if you're driving on it you're going to their place, or to work in the orchards or you're there to trespass. But I will see if I can access the area soon. I have been trying to find pictures that would show which direction her truck was headed when it got stuck. If it was heading east, my theory doesn't hold up that well. But if it was heading west my theory could be very possible. And there is no where to turn around in that area where her truck was. It's just too narrow of a road and the peach trees stop you from making any wide turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best theory I've heard yet. Why risk being seen walking so far carrying a body when you could drive right up the river, dump the body, then get the hell out of there? It also makes sense that the truck was not originally intended to be left there, but just got stuck in that spot on the way out, so the perp had to leave by foot. Whoever dumped her in the river would not want the truck to be found in the same area they'd left the body, because it would lead to authorities combing the area (and likely the river) for her. They'd want to get that truck as far away from the river as possible, not draw attention to the area where the body could be found. Like you said it would be great if a picture could be found showing which way the truck was facing (and which way the footprints were headed) but your theory makes perfect sense to me for all these reasons.

My iPhone has died and then after a little time has passed I have gotten it to come back on for a minute or two. Wasn't it reported that the phone died very soon, if not right after it was turned on? I think it's possible her phone died that night, but strange for no one at the house or for her vehicle to have a charger if so.

I really hope that LE is as smart as us and have some theory as to what happened to poor aly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304