Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
While they haven't released the cause/manner of death pending tox- I feel IMO if it was drowning that part would have been released.

JMO from seeing the photos I don't get how it could be an accident. I've read theories and they don't make sense to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think foul plays involved. But I'm not convinced they would release COD even if it was a drowning because they can still charge someone with negligent homicide or manslaughter if they believe their actions are ultimately responsible for her death.

While they haven't released the cause/manner of death pending tox- I feel IMO if it was drowning that part would have been released.

JMO from seeing the photos I don't get how it could be an accident. I've read theories and they don't make sense to me

Years ago the son of my boss was murdered. He was choked until he lost consciousnesses and then thrown into the Sacramento river where he drowned.

Cause of death was drowning. Manner of death was homicide.

KCRA interview with ML on 5/6/17, he states that 30-45 minutes after they got back from dropping his daughter off is when Aly said she needed to go home.

KCRA interview with ML on 5/6/17, he states that 30-45 minutes after they got back from dropping his daughter off is when Aly said she needed to go home.

Kind of sounds to me like someone was trying to get rid of all of the "obstacles" in order to try to be alone and creep her. Maybe she refused any advances and someone didn't like it. I don't like how the story was essentially changed to "she was not in a good place when she left" to "she was happy and fine".

All JMO, of course.

Hello,

I've added this:
Sk3pticMom said:

to the Timeline for May 6th, which has a link to the interview.

I think Aly was in the water too long; however, until tox reports are in who said Aly was drinking any alcoholic substance.

I'm sure they are checking for that in the toxicology. Probably one of the reasons they aren't releasing her COD until the test is completed.

It seems like at this point they would've ruled the COD a homicide, if they had proof. Maybe the tox results are the key. I just hope whatever answer they do come to that it's the right one.

Would hate for this to be ruled an accident if it wasn't.
Not sure how to word this... sooo... she wasn't choked to death or beaten,sexually assaulted? or they would of been able to know by autopsy right? I guess im mean there has been no sign of foul play on body..Also how do u find out time of death?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Not sure how to word this... sooo... she wasn't choked to death or beaten,sexually assaulted? or they would of been able to know by autopsy right? I guess im mean there has been no sign of foul play on body..Also how do u find out time of death?

They havent released cause of death or time of death, so we have no idea, yet, if foul play is involved.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

They havent released cause of death or time of death, so we have no idea, yet, if foul play is involved.

True i mean if it were obvious do u think they would of released by now? Or getting all their ducks in row first. Also asking how do they determine tod?

True i mean if it were obvious do u think they would of released by now? Or getting all their ducks in row first. Also asking how do they determine tod?

I think if it were an accident they would have released by now, too stop people from continuing to point fingers. I think they are waiting for all the information to get a clear picture of what happened. They will base tod on decomposition, stomach contents. It will of course be an approximate time.

I wonder if her being in the water too long would hinder any evidence of her being sexually assaulted- if she even was.

I think if it were an accident they would have released by now, too stop people from continuing to point fingers. I think they are waiting for all the information to get a clear picture of what happened. They will base tod on decomposition, stomach contents. It will of course be an approximate time.

They don't know if it was an accident. That's why they're waiting for tox results. They couldn't say it was an accident if there is a possibility she was roofied.

I think her death is very suspicious though and do think foul play was involved. But there is that chance that this was a tragic accident.

Maybe LE does know the cause of death and they're just keeping it quiet for now. So many possibilities.

I'm curious if people think a third person might be the perp? By "third person" I mean not ML or the Ex BF.

I've had this idea for awhile and think that it's possible the perp is a third person who might be directly connected to ML.

Here's why:

In the re edit of post 38 on the Justice for Aly page, it is mentioned that Aly's phone has been a goldmine of information. The post also continues to state that it's clear Aly had other friends some in Chico and some in Yuba City that the family believes Aly only mentioned by "Chico friends" and "Yuba Friends" because they would have disapproved of them. I think the fact that this is mentioned, leads me to assumption #1: this is directly related to her disappearance and opening the door to the possibility that there is a third person or persons involved.

Assumption 1 is backed up when the post states that its "obvious" in her messages who had her best interest at heart and who was taking advantage of her. IMO this indicates a third person or persons because in order to come to this conclusion there has to be a significant amount of messages. Assumption #2 is that these messages cannot be ML because later in the post, it is confirmed that Aly only had two texts with ML and one phone call which coincide with the two times she met him May 2016 & March 2017 (ML stated he only met her twice as well). I do not think this is enough messages to be indicative of "taking advantage of her". I am left again with the feeling there is a third person or person(s) here.

Also, not having one's best interest at heart isn't synonymous with taking advantage of someone... not "having one's best interest at heart" suggests not caring enough for that person where as "taking advantage of" suggests malicious behavior. These are two different things. Her messages according to her family "obviously" show who did have her best interests at heart and who was taking advantage of her...

Assumption #3 is that the third person or persons is directly connected to the house. I come to this assumption for two reasons. 1) The post remains highly suspicious of the house and 2) because the timeline of events is very tight from 9:30 PM - 10:40 PM something happened to Aly. So this third person had to be in the house or very near the house. Also believe the perp is connect to the home but is not ML because I think he's telling the truth when asked if he will be arrested he says "No, because truth is on my side". I think he is being honest here because he knows that HE didn't do it. I get the impression that he feels any evidence cannot be pointed at him because he didn't do it.

Assumption #4 the third person or persons is not the ex bf. I come to this conclusion for many reasons. First being that someone guilty of a murder or a crime (in most cases), does not dramatically insert themselves into the picture-- LA did. Also, the post directly addresses the ex bf. While the family says that they haven't ruled out the jealous ex bf because some of her phone messages indicate it's a possibility, but the level of jealously, hatred, and premeditation it would take to do that "just doesn't add up".

The fact that Aly's phone has been a "goldmine of information", that there are "obvious messages" indicating she was "being taken advantage of", the fact that there are these "other people" / "other messages" implying the messages are not with ML, the fact that ML only had a "two messages and one phone call coinciding with the two times they were proven to be around each other", the fact that the "obvious messages" are not necessarily speaking about the "ex bf", the fact that the family remains highly suspicious of ML and these "other people" makes me think that there is a third person or persons connect to the house who is directly responsible for what happened to Aly. May her beautiful soul rest in peace.

Hello, new to this thread. Been browsing through so sorry if this has been discussed before.

i can actually see this being an accident. No disrespect to the deceased, but she seemed to be somewhat of a party girl. She hung around a rough crowd and older men who were into drinking and drugs. Kind of strikes me as a risk taker and daredevil.

didnt someone mention there was a party spot on the beach people would go through the,orchard To get to? is it possible she was trying to make it there? Anyone know if there was a party there that night at all?

20 year olds think they're invincible.. I can see a young person driving up there and getting stuck easily. If it was very dark,perhaps she got lost, if it was slippery she could have fell and slid in the river ..not sure how far the river was from her. if her phone was dead she wouldn't have been able To call for help.

as for the phone, I'm kind of curious about if a passerby found it, decided to steal it, kept it a few days then turned it over.

or, is it possible she was headed there to meet a friend or a love interest at the camp,sites?

If they think it is homicide, are trying to build a case against someone and think tox is key, they wouldn't release anything regarding cause of death to the public until they have all the info and are ready to make an arrest. Wouldn't want to risk driving the suspect to flee.

It is also very possible that they were unable to determine very much from the condition of the body and are waiting on tox to get a better idea of what might have happened. Her body was in the water a long time. Unfortunately cause of death may end up being undetermined, or even if it looks suspicious they may not be able to get enough physical evidence to prove anything. The big question is whether she was alive or not when she went into the water. From what forensic drowning info I've read, there are several things they look for to indicate this; but again, it becomes much more difficult to determine after the body has reached a certain stage of decomposition. I don't know what they can determine after the body has been in water for a month.

or, is it possible she was headed there to meet a friend or a love interest at the camp,sites?

Camping at the park has been closed since the Oroville dam crisis. The river flooded the campground several times. The water has been really high for a while now, too, another reason that the sites are closed. The rec park is open for fishing only.

Hello, new to this thread. Been browsing through so sorry if this has been discussed before.

i can actually see this being an accident. No disrespect to the deceased, but she seemed to be somewhat of a party girl. She hung around a rough crowd and older men who were into drinking and drugs. Kind of strikes me as a risk taker and daredevil.

didnt someone mention there was a party spot on the beach people would go through the,orchard To get to? is it possible she was trying to make it there? Anyone know if there was a party there that night at all?

20 year olds think they're invincible.. I can see a young person driving up there and getting stuck easily. If it was very dark,perhaps she got lost, if it was slippery she could have fell and slid in the river ..not sure how far the river was from her. if her phone was dead she wouldn't have been able To call for help.

as for the phone, I'm kind of curious about if a passerby found it, decided to steal it, kept it a few days then turned it over.

Hi Webby! Welcome to the thread.

The accident theory is plausible. I'm going to answer your questions as best as I can...

There's no digital footprint (that we know of) of a beach party on the orchard. A couple locals have posted conflicted opinions, some said she could have been trying to get to a known party spot but others said this was not a party spot. There hasn't been any indication there was a party according to her phone or people she hung out with.

20 year olds do think they are invincible... it's possible that she was intoxicated. It's unlikely she "slipped" into the river as it was a half a mile away from her vehicle and she would have had to trudge through thick mud. A poster here, ccmama, visited the area and posted several pictures recently. Slipping into the water right by her truck isn't possible since the water isn't that close to her truck. Also, to get help if her phone was dead then she would have walked back up on the road where she came from instead of through the mud.

The phone has been speculated about a lot. Some think a passerby did find it and decided to keep until they found out it could be that of a missing girl. We don't know.

Again, meeting up with a friend is possible but again no digital footprint that we know of... all activity on her phone stopped at 9:30 PM. There were a couple campers who I think were homeless people and they were interviewed.

Also, when she was leaving the place she was last seen alive, he said that she was heading home. Although his story and details have changed several times.

She could have had an accident but it hasn't been confirmed whether she was driving her truck or not. There is one set of footprints walking away from the truck. LE has taken a cast of the footprints but we don't if they suspect them to be hers or not.

We know what time her truck got to the leeve because of surveillance video, 10: 50 PM.

I'd like to know when the phone first pinged what the field conditions were, if it was muddy and how tall the grass was.. What the distance is from the ping to the levee where it was found..

I could also see this possibly as an accident...but if it was an "accident" she was not alone. If and "if" she drove there it was to meet people so if that was the case then someone knows something. I do not believe she drove their alone without meeting another person. I can not see her just driving their alone for no reason.

I'm curious if people think a third person might be the perp? By "third person" I mean not ML or the Ex BF.

I've had this idea for awhile and think that it's possible the perp is a third person who might be directly connected to ML.

Here's why:

In the re edit of post 38 on the Justice for Aly page, it is mentioned that Aly's phone has been a goldmine of information. The post also continues to state that it's clear Aly had other friends some in Chico and some in Yuba City that the family believes Aly only mentioned by "Chico friends" and "Yuba Friends" because they would have disapproved of them. I think the fact that this is mentioned, leads me to assumption #1: this is directly related to her disappearance and opening the door to the possibility that there is a third person or persons involved.

Assumption 1 is backed up when the post states that its "obvious" in her messages who had her best interest at heart and who was taking advantage of her. IMO this indicates a third person or persons because in order to come to this conclusion there has to be a significant amount of messages. Assumption #2 is that these messages cannot be ML because later in the post, it is confirmed that Aly only had two texts with ML and one phone call which coincide with the two times she met him May 2016 & March 2017 (ML stated he only met her twice as well). I do not think this is enough messages to be indicative of "taking advantage of her". I am left again with the feeling there is a third person or person(s) here.

Also, not having one's best interest at heart isn't synonymous with taking advantage of someone... not "having one's best interest at heart" suggests not caring enough for that person where as "taking advantage of" suggests malicious behavior. These are two different things. Her messages according to her family "obviously" show who did have her best interests at heart and who was taking advantage of her...

Assumption #3 is that the third person or persons is directly connected to the house. I come to this assumption for two reasons. 1) The post remains highly suspicious of the house and 2) because the timeline of events is very tight from 9:30 PM - 10:40 PM something happened to Aly. So this third person had to be in the house or very near the house. Also believe the perp is connect to the home but is not ML because I think he's telling the truth when asked if he will be arrested he says "No, because truth is on my side". I think he is being honest here because he knows that HE didn't do it. I get the impression that he feels any evidence cannot be pointed at him because he didn't do it.

Assumption #4 the third person or persons is not the ex bf. I come to this conclusion for many reasons. First being that someone guilty of a murder or a crime (in most cases), does not dramatically insert themselves into the picture-- LA did. Also, the post directly addresses the ex bf. While the family says that they haven't ruled out the jealous ex bf because some of her phone messages indicate it's a possibility, but the level of jealously, hatred, and premeditation it would take to do that "just doesn't add up".

The fact that Aly's phone has been a "goldmine of information", that there are "obvious messages" indicating she was "being taken advantage of", the fact that there are these "other people" / "other messages" implying the messages are not with ML, the fact that ML only had a "two messages and one phone call coinciding with the two times they were proven to be around each other", the fact that the "obvious messages" are not necessarily speaking about the "ex bf", the fact that the family remains highly suspicious of ML and these "other people" makes me think that there is a third person or persons connect to the house who is directly responsible for what happened to Aly. May her beautiful soul rest in peace.

Excellent post. I, also, believe it is a third person who is involved. Not ML, but someone he knows very well. The above is my opinion...RIP Aly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member