Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #3

Hi WorriedinYC! Actually, in your example the manner of death would be homicide.

Manners of death include natural causes, accidental, suicide, and homicide.

Hope this clarifies :)

And if the person in the example intentionally caused themselves to be strangled the manner of death would be suicide.

No one would be swimming in the river at that time. Not to mention, why wouldnt her body be found farther diwn stream unless she was weighed down? If her body travelled from one side of the river to the other but not farther down stream, she had to have been weighed down with sonething ... possibly bricks? Concrete? Masonry type things

I would like to know:
1. the temperature of the Feather River in Live Oak that night
2. The speed of the water/current

I live in Sacramento, relatively nearby.
the temp that night was between:
"THU 3/30
High 67° /Low 53° " (From Accu-weather website for Gridley, 3/30)

Our rivers run cold for a long time as they are fed by snowmelt from the Sierra.
Our snowpack in the Sierra is record-breaking, immense and deep this year, people are still skiing in some areas.
Even today, in June, as we near 90 degrees, these rivers can be too cold for swimming.

I say the water was too, too frigid to swim in, or even get near. It wasn't summer. It was barely spring.
It was a very cool (by California standards) evening.
Locals: correct me if I'm wrong, but would kids have been swimming there that time of year?

I feel that she could've been caught on somethi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthread there were studies posted that generally a body stays at the bottom and then floats up in the same general area even when there is a current.

No one would be swimming in the river at that time. Not to mention, why wouldnt her body be found farther diwn stream unless she was weighed down? If her body travelled from one side of the river to the other but not farther down stream, she had to have been weighed down with sonething ... possibly bricks? Concrete? Masonry type things

Ugh I'm not buying this is accidental unless she was totally bombed out of her mind while driving and even then I'm not buying it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ugh I'm not buying this is accidental unless she was totally bombed out of her mind while driving and even then I'm not buying it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Same here. I keep trying to tell myself maybe this was a horrible freak accident, then every instinct I have starts screaming no way in hell.

Either freak accidents are becoming more frequent or criminals are getting smarter.

You don't meet up with someone in an orchard field or by a river without a digital footprint.

And you certainly don't go there alone.

SO you're either brought there against your will or meeting up with someone <modsnip>

IMO JMO

This year in the same county two men were found murdered, one found in a river, and not only have they not been solved but there have been no updates on the cases since they were discovered. I honestly have no faith in this county's ability to solve homicides.

This year in the same county two men were found murdered, one found in a river, and not only have they not been solved but there have been no updates on the cases since they were discovered. I honestly have no faith in this county's ability to solve homicides.

The fact that LE waited over a week to obtain Alycia's phone data gives me cause for concern. After hearing that I wonder long it took before they brought dogs out and possibly other procedures. If this was a homicide what got lost? If this was an accident that would make it more difficult to clear the last person she was with that night.

The fact that LE waited over a week to obtain Alycia's phone data gives me cause for concern. After hearing that I wonder long it took before they brought dogs out and possibly other procedures. If this was a homicide what got lost? If this was an accident that would make it more difficult to clear the last person she was with that night.

At the very least that person should be charged with being responsible for the factors that led to her "accident " (IF it is one) and ultimately her death. We'll see how Sutter county handles this. If they don't file some sort of charges I have a feeling all hells gonna break loose around here.

At the very least that person should be charged with being responsible for the factors that led to her "accident " (IF it is one) and ultimately her death. We'll see how Sutter county handles this. If they don't file some sort of charges I have a feeling all hells gonna break loose around here.

I'm not local so I have to depend on the media here. The guy she was with that night claimed he offered to let her stay the night. Short of forcibly taking her keys away - and that can lead to another set of bad circumstances for him - I don't see what else he could do. He claimed he didn't know she was under 21. One would think LE tried to verify, or rather, dispute these claims. I don't see LE charging him with anything unless the autopsy comes with hand shaped bruises on the back of her neck or other evidence of an intentional drowning. And if they did, there is still the fact that LE would have to prove he was one who murdered her. I don't see any criminal charges coming out of this with what the media has provided.

HOWEVER, that does not rule a civil suit by Alycia's family. The burden of proof in a civil suit is 'beyond a reasonable doubt' as opposed to 'beyond a shadow of doubt' in a criminal case and that is not as strict. No matter what happens here, I can definitely see civil action by her family.

measured on Google Earth is only about a third of a mile from River
Per the pictures a member provided by actually going to the scene it seems like a pretty far walk I think they said a mile at least

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I'm not local so I have to depend on the media here. The guy she was with that night claimed he offered to let her stay the night. Short of forcibly taking her keys away - and that can lead to another set of bad circumstances for him - I don't see what else he could do. He claimed he didn't know she was under 21. One would think LE tried to verify, or rather, dispute these claims. I don't see LE charging him with anything unless the autopsy comes with hand shaped bruises on the back of her neck or other evidence of an intentional drowning. And if they did, there is still the fact that LE would have to prove he was one who murdered her. I don't see any criminal charges coming out of this with what the media has provided.

HOWEVER, that does not rule a civil suit by Alycia's family. The burden of proof in a civil suit is 'beyond a reasonable doubt' as opposed to 'beyond a shadow of doubt' in a criminal case and that is not as strict. No matter what happens here, I can definitely see civil action by her family.

In civil cases the standard that has to be met is: shown by "a preponderance of the evidence", as opposed to: proved "beyond a reasonable doubt" in criminal cases. But your basic point stands.

Wow, how sad. I've felt this was an accident from the beginning but the real mystery is why she was there. Seems like if she was meeting up with someone then she would have left a social media trail..young adults text, Facebook, Snapchat their plans..seems like there would be some indication of why she was there.

was this a short cut for her to get home? I remember reading maybe she took that route to stay clear of police if she was drunk.

is it possible she got stuck, got out to walk for help and somehow slipped in mud and rolled into the River? Or is too far away?

my guess is this was a freak accident and has a lot to do with her being intoxicated.

how sad that her family may never get closure or find out why she was there.

Wow, how sad. I've felt this was an accident from the beginning but the real mystery is why she was there. Seems like if she was meeting up with someone then she would have left a social media trail..young adults text, Facebook, Snapchat their plans..seems like there would be some indication of why she was there.

was this a short cut for her to get home? I remember reading maybe she took that route to stay clear of police if she was drunk.

is it possible she got stuck, got out to walk for help and somehow slipped in mud and rolled into the River? Or is too far away?

my guess is this was a freak accident and has a lot to do with her being intoxicated.

how sad that her family may never get closure or find out why she was there.
However... She wasn't "intoxicated"!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just can't imagine a young woman would get out and walk around there in the dark by herself, too creepy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back