Found Deceased CA - Amanda “Mandy” or “Lil Panda” Anne Nenigar, 27, Blythe, 28 Feb 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
1710487349161.jpeg
Amanda is described as white, and blonde, has blue eyes, and is five feet and three inches

Amanda was last seen wearing a pink hooded sweatshirt, black leggings, a bracelet, and black and white tennis shoes. She was also carrying a pink purse.

An online mugshot (not linking as I am not sure if it's an approved source) led me to court records in Arizona.
She has 3 cases there.

J-1506-CT-2022000218 Driving without drivers license Failure to appear. Disposition date 5/3/22
S-1500-CR-201800310 Drug charges and identity/credit card theft. Case dismissed 2020.
S-8015-CR-201601371 Drug charges (narcotic). Guilty 2019

Here’s a news article related to the drug sting for which is likely related to one of the cases. Seven Arrested During Drug-Related Search Warrant. I did note that in the article she was needing hospitalization during the drug bust so without details it’s only my opinion but she might have been using.

That alone has me concerned for her if she’s still using, or could be involved in the drug trade in Southern California now.

March 18, 2024

Amanda Nenigar was last seen in Blythe, California and her car was found abandoned in the rural Arizona desert a week later.

The La Paz County Sheriff is now sharing the bizarre details of how the car was found and where they’re at with the investigation.

It’s a cross-state search has grown more mysterious by the day as detectives race against time to try and find even a clue as to where 27-year-old Amanda Nenigar may be.

“My personal fear is that it’s going to be a recovery and not a location of a person that’s still alive,” said La Paz County Sheriff William Ponce.

It’s the way the car was found that the sheriff said is extra bizarre.

“The rear end of the vehicle was on a large boulder,” Ponce said. “When you have a vehicle that’s abandoned and you don’t have kind of inkling where the person has gone or anything, it all seems very odd to us and it’s very concerning.”

More at link.

Very strange. I wonder where she could be?

"The sheriff said Nenigar called 911 after getting stuck in a ditch the day before she went missing, Feb. 27, but that ditch was nowhere near where her car ended up. “We do know that there was a 911 call that went to the El Centro, California Highway Patrol Station around that time frame stating that she was in Anza and in route to the Palm Springs area,” said Ponce. She never made it to Palm Springs."

1711026101798.png
After the family reported her missing, a week later her Toyota Camry was reportedly found by loved ones in the remote desert area. The way the car was found was puzzling, according to Ponce.

“The rear end of the vehicle was on a large boulder,” Ponce explained.

Investigators determined that Nenigar called 911 on Feb. 27 after getting stuck in a ditch, but it was not near where the car was later found.

“When you have a vehicle that’s abandoned and you don’t have kind of inkling where the person has gone or anything, it all seems very odd to us and it’s very concerning," the sheriff said.

An online mugshot (not linking as I am not sure if it's an approved source) led me to court records in Arizona.
She has 3 cases there.

J-1506-CT-2022000218 Driving without drivers license Failure to appear. Disposition date 5/3/22
S-1500-CR-201800310 Drug charges and identity/credit card theft. Case dismissed 2020.
S-8015-CR-201601371 Drug charges (narcotic). Guilty 2019

Here’s a news article related to the drug sting for which is likely related to one of the cases. Seven Arrested During Drug-Related Search Warrant. I did note that in the article she was needing hospitalization during the drug bust so without details it’s only my opinion but she might have been using.

That alone has me concerned for her if she’s still using, or could be involved in the drug trade in Southern California now.
Thanks for this....I immediately wondered because 1) Anza is west of Palm Springs and her 911 call would indicate she made a stop further west (Temecula???) first and was going to stop at Palm Springs (theoritically on the way back to Blythe?). No indication of if a police officer responded or how she got out of the ditch. But they somehow know she DID NOT show up in Palm Springs. They do know that she was spotted in Blythe the next day (last day seen). 2) It took several days for her family to report her missing, but only a couple days later the family when searching found her car. Indicates perhaps it was near a known spot she frequented or a family members house. It was indicated she went from Blythe to La Paz county AZ to visit family frequently.

Now we know why it's so hinky...they never actually pulled up the GPS she was giving them. US 95 in CA runs North of Blythe then mirrors 1-10 to Quartzite, then South to Yuma on AZ side of Colorado River. They might have thought she was down 78 south of Blythe on CA side since they got the call.

In latest reporting it said she climbed a hill. She might not have gotten high enough to see Cibola and a few farms along the river. It looks like 4.8 miles back to the turn off she took up into the mountains. Why go out there? Was she alone? After getting stuck, did she fall? get lost? Picked up in Cibola?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-22 191449.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 191449.png
    631.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
In the newly released audio, she was heard struggling to describe her surroundings to a dispatcher, saying: 'Um, I'm not sure, I see a field.'

Her family say she provided near-exact coordinates to where her car was later found on March 7 - without Nenigar's belongings inside - as her sister Marissa slammed the response from cops that she feels bungled the search.

'She gave them her coordinates,' she told KKTV. 'I don’t know why they didn’t transfer her to dispatch in Arizona. She gave them her exact location and someone could have went and got her. They could have found her.'

Amanda Nenigar, 26, was reported missing on February 28 after she became stranded out in the Arizona desert, and no trace of her has been found since

In the newly released audio, she was heard struggling to describe her surroundings to a dispatcher, saying: 'Um, I'm not sure, I see a field.'

Her family say she provided near-exact coordinates to where her car was later found on March 7 - without Nenigar's belongings inside - as her sister Marissa slammed the response from cops that she feels bungled the search.

'She gave them her coordinates,' she told KKTV. 'I don’t know why they didn’t transfer her to dispatch in Arizona. She gave them her exact location and someone could have went and got her. They could have found her.'

Amanda Nenigar, 26, was reported missing on February 28 after she became stranded out in the Arizona desert, and no trace of her has been found since

It's deeply concerning to me that help wasn't dispatched to her given that she was in such a remote desert location and stated that she climbed up a mountain because she was lost.

Whatever happened to lead to that doesn't matter to me. Not having enough water out there alone can kill this time of year. It's already too hot to survive without it.

She may have took everything she had in her car and left to try to find help and succumbed from dehydration in doing so vs staying with/near her car in her initial location where she tried to summon help!!!

Last edited:
The day before she was reported missing, Nenigar made a 911 call in which she told a California Highway Patrol dispatcher she was stuck in a ditch, and even gave her location, but a mix-up between authorities may have resulted in officers searching in the wrong place, KPHO-TV reports.
“I’m, like, kind of in a valley,” Nenigar can be heard saying on the call, which was released by authorities last week. “I climbed to, like, a high mountain, and I’m wearing pink.”

Nenigar’s car was found on March 7 in a remote area south of Cibola in La Paz County, Arizona, authorities said. The car’s back wheel was reportedly stuck on a large boulder, and it was just a mile from the coordinates she shared on the 911 call, but California authorities had been searching in the wrong area some 30 miles away, according to the outlet.
1711398992491.png
Nenigar’s family now claims the CHP dispatcher bungled the call. “She gave them her coordinates, California, and I don’t know why they didn’t transfer her to dispatch in Arizona,” Amanda’s sister Marissa Nenigar told KPHO. “She gave them her exact location and someone could have went and got her. They could have found her.”

There is something very odd about this case. What is even odder is that the woman says her car is in a ditch (it isn't), she's near some town that she isn't, she was out there for 2 days (she wasn't even "lost" for a day), she had a miscarriage (WTH??), and her family finds her car (that is the weirdest of all). Something doesn't smell right, IMO. Hope she's ok, but this is very strange. Wish the dispatch hadn't botched the coordinates bc that would have been 1 less odd thing.

There is something very odd about this case. What is even odder is that the woman says her car is in a ditch (it isn't), she's near some town that she isn't, she was out there for 2 days (she wasn't even "lost" for a day), she had a miscarriage (WTH??), and her family finds her car (that is the weirdest of all). Something doesn't smell right, IMO. Hope she's ok, but this is very strange. Wish the dispatch hadn't botched the coordinates bc that would have been 1 less odd thing.

It sounds to me like she was struggling with some possible mental health/ addiction issues.

It would be easy to become lost or disoriented driving through that area if someone was wide awake and had no other issues.

If she had an overload of anxiety and hit a boulder or anything else on that dirt road, it could have resulted in a concussion and perhaps even a temporary amnesia.

She very well could have lost a sense of time.

AJMO

I think she got a concussion. I think she started walking as soon as she was able... and may have made it a ridiculous distance. I think she was suffering from the concussion and dehydration when talking to the 911 operator.

To survive whatever accident only to likely die of exposure, it's just too sad...

I how she's found soon.

I think she got a concussion. I think she started walking as soon as she was able... and may have made it a ridiculous distance. I think she was suffering from the concussion and dehydration when talking to the 911 operator.

To survive whatever accident only to likely die of exposure, it's just too sad...

I how she's found soon.

I think this is what happened, too. Reminds me of John Fitzpatrick and Jin Fang, whose truck was found in a remote area of the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park and their bodies were nearby, apparently trying to walk out for help but didn't make it.

Not entirely sure I even understand the facts. Is it possible she actually had two accidents? The first, went off the road into a ditch. Resulting in a concussion. Then while concussed, managed to drive out of the ditch, eventually stalling again, on the boulder. All in a fog. Imagine trying to make sense of any of that if your brain is cottony.

Do we have an accurate timeline? Was she out there for a day? Two? How far could a person walk in that state? She could be 10+ miles from where they're looking...

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back