CA CA - Amber Aiaz (aka Mei Yi Wu), 34, & Melissa Fu, 12, Irvine, 22 Nov 2019

This is for sure a mistery, i am somehow not clear which path i think more possible, the husband harming them or her staging all this.

Hoping for some updates!

The spray in the face bit. I wonder if LE tried to do urine and blood tests on the husband. Any substance that is going to render someone unconscious MIGHT leave some trace in the blood or urine. I'm sure there might be some that don't and others that are flushed from the body or metabolized in a short period of time.

"Five days after the abduction, he got a fifth note, telling him his wife and stepdaughter were still fine but he should leave town for two days."

This is what gets me. What possible reason can a kidnapper have to instruct this? Also why not use knockout spray on the wife/daughter?

"Five days after the abduction, he got a fifth note, telling him his wife and stepdaughter were still fine but he should leave town for two days."

This is what gets me. What possible reason can a kidnapper have to instruct this? Also why not use knockout spray on the wife/daughter?

And let me guess, did the husband leave town for two days?

And let me guess, did the husband leave town for two days?

Of course! He follows instructions blindly without a ransom note or motive.

Is it possible the daughter is still alive somewhere? Maybe the husband and his friends staged a kidnapping of the daughter. When they realized wife had no money, he killed her. The other two might have taken the daughter away on day one. I think they only found the wife's blood in the house. It's difficult investigating immigrants, especially those who can't speak English and live off the grid. He was using a translator while being interrogated by the police. They did what they could and shrugged it off, looks like. There is very little coverage of this to put any pressure on LE.

IMO

I can't read the LA Times story because it requires a subscription but does it mention when anyone, who is not the husband, last saw them alive?

Bump. I really hope we find out what has happened to Amber and Melissa.

Regarding the cooler, does LE have it? Can they test it to see if it had traces of dna?

I’m 50/50 on this case. I’m thankful the FBI is working on it, as opposed to local LE, especially if all of this info is true.

I’m 50/50 on this case.
I don't see how.

Husband is knocked straight out by a mystery substance unknown to man (even chloroform doesn't work instantly). The supposed abductors hang around, sending him notes, telling him to cover up the crime scene, and not to reach out to the police...

Come on.

I don't see how.

Husband is knocked straight out by a mystery substance unknown to man (even chloroform doesn't work instantly). The supposed abductors hang around, sending him notes, telling him to cover up the crime scene, and not to reach out to the police...

Come on.
The Police have stated there might be a black Cadillac involved. Nowhere does it state that this information came from the husband. If not the husband where did this car description come from?

I’m fairly certain LE looked at neighbouring footage. Maybe a Black Cadillac appeared on surveillance cameras during times correlated to when these notes would appear? Have they been unable to connect the car to the husband? If so, that leads me to also believe it is real.

It sounds so far fetched but that’s exactly why it’s hard to believe that it’s the story someone would CHOOSE to come up with. AND THEN continue to stay in the country when you have the option to flee.

The Police have stated there might be a black Cadillac involved. Nowhere does it state that this information came from the husband. If not the husband where did this car description come from?

All I've read is that Amber allegedly told her husband and family that she felt she was being followed by a black Cadillac leading up to her disappearance. Who informed investigators about this (was it corroborated by the husband AND Amber's family?), I don't know.

Maybe a Black Cadillac appeared on surveillance cameras during times correlated to when these notes would appear?
Maybe, but that's speculation.
Have they been unable to connect the car to the husband? If so, that leads me to also believe it is real.
Again, speculation. It could be that investigators mentioned the Cadillac purely because there's no other leads.
It sounds so far fetched but that’s exactly why it’s hard to believe that it’s the story someone would CHOOSE to come up with. AND THEN continue to stay in the country when you have the option to flee.

I take it that you have never heard the principle of the "Big Lie"? When you tell a lie that's so incredible, some people will come to believe it, because who would honestly make something like that up? Your post is a classic example. You are giving Zhang the benefit of the doubt because his version of events is too farfetched to be untrue?

What do we know?
The husband was allegedly rendered unconscious instantly by a substance that doesn't exist.
The husband alleges that the captors left notes telling him to clean up the apartment.
The husband alleges that the captors left notes telling him not to contact the police.
The husband alleges that the captors left notes telling him to leave town for two days.
The husband is statistically and probability-wise the likeliest suspect.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaarqueiro