CA CA - Amber Sage, 25, Tarzana, 6 April 1996

Amber Rae Sage – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Amber Rae Sage

• amber_rae_sage_1.jpg
Sage, circa 1996

• Missing Since04/04/1996
  • Missing FromTarzana, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth10/08/1970 (48)
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight5'1, 90 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Sage has chain tattoos on her left ankle and left arm.
Details of Disappearance
Sage was last seen leaving her residence in Tarzana, California in a Yellow Cab on April 4, 1996. She has never been heard from again. She reportedly used narcotics at the time of her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

View attachment 123254

Charley Project

Doe Network

Name: Amber Rae Sage
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 06, 1994
Location Last Seen: Tarzana, Los Angeles County, California
Physical Description
Date of Birth: October 8, 1970
Race: White
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 90 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a tattoo of a chain on her left arm and left ankle.
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sage was last seen in Tarzana, California as she left home in a yellow cab on April 4, 1996. She was reportedly a narcotics user at the time of her disappearance.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles Police Department, Missing Persons Unit
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 213-485-5381
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 96-1019002
NCIC Case Number: M-931093561
NamUs Case Number: 29556
Information Source(s)
NamUs
California Department of Justice
Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 11/6/2016

I have found some odd info on reddit, but Im not sure it can be posted.

I am in contact with her sister and have sent her the info from reddit to send to investigators. I am hoping her sister will join us and become verified.
What is the info?

Hello, new to this board, but have been following this case for many years as Amber and I were friends. Has anyone seen this psychic who has "found" on some photos? https://.com/thumbnails.php?search=...=&caption=on&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Also wondering if you know about Amber's only son, whom I met only as a toddler. Another very sad situation.

Hello, new to this board, but have been following this case for many years as Amber and I were friends. Has anyone seen this psychic who has "found" on some photos? https://****************.com/thumbn...=&caption=on&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Also wondering if you know about Amber's only son, whom I met only as a toddler. Another very sad situation.
Sorry to hear about your friend. I noticed on NamUs in the "Date of Last Contact" section it says April 6, 1994, but in the "Circumstances of Disappearance" section, it says April 4, 1996. Could you advise as to which date is correct? Thank you.

Hello, new to this board, but have been following this case for many years as Amber and I were friends. Has anyone seen this psychic who has "found" on some photos? https://****************.com/thumbn...=&caption=on&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Hi @zencatt, welcome. So sorry for your friend Amber. Could it be she was declared dead in 2000? On the Family Search site her residence is listed in this year. Was her son called Christian, who died when he was 13? What are your thoughts about what happened to your friend?

From the Family Search Site
Amber Rae Sage
Event Type: Residence
Event Date: 13 Nov 2000
Event Place: West Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
Event Place (Original): West Hills, California, United States
Previous Residence: West Hills, California 91307
Previous Residence Postal Code: 91307
Birth Date: 8 Oct 1970

View attachment 123254

Charley Project

Doe Network
I’m so sorry to hear about Amber. I met her in HS at Canoga Park HS. What a sad and horrible life she lead. I was older than her and quickly took her under my wing. She had a very tough home life and was often out on her own often as early as 14. Many times she’d stay at my house which my parents reluctantly allowed due to her lifestyle. I didn’t know she had a son.
I pray she’s found.

Name: Amber Rae Sage
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 06, 1994
Location Last Seen: Tarzana, Los Angeles County, California
Physical Description
Date of Birth: October 8, 1970
Race: White
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 90 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a tattoo of a chain on her left arm and left ankle.
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sage was last seen in Tarzana, California as she left home in a yellow cab on April 4, 1996. She was reportedly a narcotics user at the time of her disappearance.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Los Angeles Police Department, Missing Persons Unit
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 213-485-5381
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 96-1019002
NCIC Case Number: M-931093561
NamUs Case Number: 29556
Information Source(s)
NamUs
California Department of Justice
Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2011; Last Updated: 11/6/2016

I have found some odd info on reddit, but Im not sure it can be posted.

I am in contact with her sister and have sent her the info from reddit to send to investigators. I am hoping her sister will join us and become verified.

Hi @zencatt, welcome. So sorry for your friend Amber. Could it be she was declared dead in 2000? On the Family Search site her residence is listed in this year. Was her son called Christian, who died when he was 13? What are your thoughts about what happened to your friend?

Amber Rae Sage
Event Place (Original): West Hills, California, United States
Birth Date: 8 Oct 1970
How did her son die? That's a lot of tragedy.

I'n not sure what's going on....coincidence, mistakes in the records, a friends house for month, identity theft?

https://www.myheritage.com/research/record-10220-131518976/amber-rae-sage-in-us-public-records-index

ResidenceDate
7832 Hillary Dr, Canoga Park
California 91304-4481, USA
June 1 1990
21041 Parthenia St, Unit 372, Canoga Park
California 91304-6239, USA
July 1 1990

And one more.

One of the properties

7832 Hillary Dr, West Hills, CA 91304 | realtor.com®

Sold in 1989 and just recently.

Could there be a woman with the same name and birthday?

1654865197144.png
Tarzana, nowhere mentioned.

I'n not sure what's going on....coincidence, mistakes in the records, a friends house for month, identity theft?

https://www.myheritage.com/research/record-10220-131518976/amber-rae-sage-in-us-public-records-index

ResidenceDate
June 1 1990
July 1 1990

And one more.

One of the properties

7832 Hillary Dr, West Hills, CA 91304 | realtor.com®

Sold in 1989 and just recently.

Could there be a woman with the same name and birthday?

View attachment 348820
Tarzana, nowhere mentioned.
I don't know what this means. I just see an address listing for 1990. She was last seen in 1996.

If the other residence was sold in 1990 and then recently, there are two different families/folks, correct? The ones that bought the house in 1990, and the ones that bought it recently from the folks that purchased it in 1990.. correct? How is this connected?

There is nothing here that suggests Amber is currently around, or that her identity is being stolen... Am I missing something?

Is there another image or link i am missing?

I don't know what this means. I just see an address listing for 1990. She was last seen in 1996.

If the other residence was sold in 1990 and then recently, there are two different families/folks, correct? The ones that bought the house in 1990, and the ones that bought it recently from the folks that purchased it in 1990.. correct? How is this connected?

There is nothing here that suggests Amber is currently around, or that her identity is being stolen... Am I missing something?

Is there another image or link i am missing?
I'm trying to track down her steps before she went missing and where Tarzana comes in. Tarzana is a suburban neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California.

According to

An Amber Rae Sage, with the same birthday, was living at tree different locations

ResidenceDate
June 1 1990
July 1 1990
6716 Melba Ave, Canoga Park
California 91307-3411, USA

There is this:

Amber Rae Sage
Event Place (Original):
West Hills, California, United States
Birth Date:
8 Oct 1970

Canoga Park is a neighborhood in the San Fernando Valley region of the City of Los Angeles, ... much of the western district of Canoga Park was renamed West Hills. Tarzana is also in the San Fernando Valley.

And this from White Pages, that seems to be the same Amber Rae Sage as the above (the residences above are in West Hills) Amber would be in her 50's.
1655110361583.png

The question is.....could this be the missing Amber Rae Sage, the same birthday, same approx. place....or is it totally coincidental, are mistakes made in the genealogy files...etc. And off course, like somebody upthread asked: would she still use her own name. That's the confusion.

In July 2001, Amber and Christian are both listed as surviving family members in her grandmother’s obituary from the LA Times.

1655148809542.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl