GUILTY CA - Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, killed by TikTok'r husband, San Diego, 21 Oct 2021

@ttjo

This is in stark contrast to the trial of the accused killer of Corey Micciolo where we've seen two, sometimes three days of testimony per week, with sometimes 1 witness a day??

I swear that Judge (Ryan) in NJ is planning on his 4-5 tee times a week!!!! LOL

This is too open and shut, people in SD don't mess around and this Virginia transplant TikTok wannabe poser wife murderer isn't gonna get much sympathy.... they allowed WAAAAAAY too much effing backstory on this guy!!! Objection! Relevancy!
Objection! Relevancy!

Last edited:
@ttjo

This is in stark contrast to the trial of the accused killer of Corey Micciolo where we've seen two, sometimes three days of testimony per week, with sometimes 1 witness a day??

I swear that Judge (Ryan) in NJ is planning on his 4-5 tee times a week!!!! LOL

This is too open and shut, people in SD don't mess around and this Virginia transplant TikTok wannabe poser wife murderer isn't gonna get much sympathy.... they allowed WAAAAAAY too much effing backstory on this guy!!! Objection! Relevancy!
Objection! Relevancy!
its open and shut no question, he did it, video taped it, sent a crime scene photo to his mom, confessed to both parents, and caledl 911 to get them medical assistance and after that It was pretty much a runaway train. I mean, how much more evidence does anyone need? I do have empathy for his life story, but his accountability does come off as a little bit of no, maybe alot of "I was driven to this" he admits to his wrongs but qualifies it with the mixed messages he felt he was getting from her. He really believes her mixed messages were a contributing factor to the murder. I dont know if thats gonna fly for the jury.

Last edited:
One more thing... when he said she gave me mixed messages, " one day she didn't want to be with me because of the cheating, another day it was because of the coke, another time it was because of the abuse , she was never really clear with me" o_O Really? it wasnt clear? I mean there is such a thing as a bottom line. He just could not believe this. That prosecutor was pretty good.

1716441661453.png

This is what I missed in today's proceedings.
Glad I found it to catch up on this important
cross-examination. MOO, he wanted to be a
actor, and he could've been. He's a very fast thinker with fast come-backs in his defense. Sad, but there's no erasing the past.

TikTok Star Murder Trial: Ali Abulaban
Faces Tense Cross-Examination

At one point, Abulaban turned to the judge to protest a question, asking, "What happens when the question is forcing me to say something specific?" (5/22/24)

1716443715788.png

The Prosecution Cross-Examination video ended with them taking a recess break and there's no continuing video.

1716443468988.png
1716443098996.png
1716443339152.png
Clare Bennamon, a friend of Ana's also testified.

So, I found this testimony from a friend of Ray Barron's who knew Ana, Ali, and daughter Amir also. Initially, Gene Smith says he really liked and related with Ali Abulaban, but as time went on that changed.

Video Here:

Last edited:

1716444474258.png

Very interesting what panel experts have to say
about Ali Abulaban, the well-known TikTok Actor.

1716444750124.png1716444795623.png1716444867205.png

The Victims
1716446139760.png
Ana Abulaban, 28, on left, and Rayburn Barron, 29, on right.

1716446422385.pngAna Abulaban, left, and Ali Abulaban.
If you are experiencing domestic violence, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233, or go to thehotline.org. All calls are toll-free and confidential. The hotline is available 24/7 in more than 170 languages.

Published on May 22, 2024 03:59PM EDT

What is the defense hoping for in this case? A miracle? He was violent towards her prior to the murder and he killed her out of rage cause she was leaving him. I hate to say this but I’ve never seen a defendant appear so cooperative on cross exam. He seems deluded and honest in a strange way. JMO

What is the defense hoping for in this case? A miracle? He was violent towards her prior to the murder and he killed her out of rage cause she was leaving him. I hate to say this but I’ve never seen a defendant appear so cooperative on cross exam. He seems deluded and honest in a strange way. JMO

I'd be shocked if he's not convicted on murder one charges and sentenced to LWOP. I'd bet the violence was going on long before they moved to San Diego.

I'd be shocked if he's not convicted on murder one charges and sentenced to LWOP. I'd bet the violence was going on long before they moved to San Diego.
That will be interesting to see Murder 1 or if he will have convinced the jury it was in the heat of passion. Im sure there were things before, probably got worse when they moved to San Diego and away from his support system and he felt that loss of control increasing.
I know, that's why I thought that (deluded honesty) felt like he was so sure that if he told the story people would see how he felt provoked. Thats the story they tell their victims to make them stay. its always worked before right?
Instead, people are seeing the typical phase in a DV cycle, when the abuser is literally on their knees begging for you to come back and you Lash back, the only time you feel safe enough to stand up to them.

Wow, the cross today shows an argumentative AA. Very smooth and likable with defense. Ray's a bad and crude guy in AA's opinion (We only have AA's word of Ray's behavior). Typical narcissist. I was hoping the prosecution would rattle him. Almost, but not so far. Prosecution is doing a good job today (but MOO). I feel so bad for Amira.

its open and shut no question, he did it, video taped it, sent a crime scene photo to his mom, confessed to both parents, and caledl 911 to get them medical assistance and after that It was pretty much a runaway train. I mean, how much more evidence does anyone need? I do have empathy for his life story, but his accountability does come off as a little bit of no, maybe alot of "I was driven to this" he admits to his wrongs but qualifies it with the mixed messages he felt he was getting from her. He really believes her mixed messages were a contributing factor to the murder. I dont know if thats gonna fly for the jury.
Gaslighting comes to my mind. Have they had any witnesses come in to attest to his brutal upbringing? I'm sorry to be late to this case.

Wow, the cross today shows an argumentative AA. Very smooth and likable with defense. Ray's a bad and crude guy in AA's opinion (We only have AA's word of Ray's behavior). Typical narcissist. I was hoping the prosecution would rattle him. Almost, but not so far. Prosecution is doing a good job today (but MOO). I feel so bad for Amira.
Oh i have to watch today!!!
Beware the Charming Narcissist.

Where can we watch Thursday's court proceedings today?

One more thing... when he said she gave me mixed messages, " one day she didn't want to be with me because of the cheating, another day it was because of the coke, another time it was because of the abuse , she was never really clear with me" o_O Really? it wasnt clear? I mean there is such a thing as a bottom line. He just could not believe this. That prosecutor was pretty good.

Trust me, dude, she wasn't sending you mixed messages, you weren't listening.
She just wanted to get away from you and was scared.

This reminds me so much of the Nicole Brown Simpson murder. MOO. Experts claim the most dangerous time in a DV abuse victims life is when they initially leave. The perpetrator cannot bear that they're losing someone. This isn't the usual crime of passion killing when the person comes into their own home and walks in on an amorous situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZukoHere
Back