GUILTY CA - Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, killed by TikTok'r husband, San Diego, 21 Oct 2021

Trust me, dude, she wasn't sending you mixed messages, you weren't listening.
She just wanted to get away from you and was scared.
Lol, true. She sent him a text stating that she wanted him out of her life IIRC.

yes she sent many messages saying very directly she wants him out.
I missed the mom's testimony I have to go back and watch that. Ive been looking for this trial, so I started late too, so happy @Curious Me started this thread.

Prosecution alleges that after shooting them both, AA placed 2 live bullets between Ana's legs and feet which were curled on the couch with her knees under Ray's legs. Apparently AA took photos of them after the killing. Was that supposed to be a trophy? So sad that Amira may have access to all this info at some point. The prosecutor is driving that home (about live bullets), I guess as something done with thought by AA.

AA says he didn't look where he was shooting but Ray was shot first and in the head. Apparently, the way he described made the prosecutor point out that his explanation wasn't physically possible.

Prosecution also pointed out that AA was sobbing yesterday but was tearless. Judge admonishes but damage done.

Prosecution also stated that AA killed Ray first so Ana would see that. AA was upset.

Courtv or courtv on computer. The prosecution is playing the recording of murders and questioning on every step he took, including driving, to show he could have changed his mind at any time.
Thats my worry, could he have? he said he held an entire bag of blow up to his nose while driving and snorted ( sort of like the tony Montana did in scarface)

Prosecution alleges that after shooting them both, AA placed 2 live bullets between Ana's legs and feet which were curled on the couch with her knees under Ray's legs. Apparently AA took photos of them after the killing. Was that supposed to be a trophy? So sad that Amira may have access to all this info at some point. The prosecutor is driving that home (about live bullets), I guess as something done with thought by AA.
Interesting, yesterday he said he had no clue why live bullets were left, is he trying to show he was out of it? , doesn't recall.

Having my coffee. I have no idea if this is currently going on in the courtroom LIVE. The rest of the Cross-Examination.

Quick to correct and argue with the Prosecutor who is poking holes in Ali's story. For instance, Ali called 911, after 12 minutes. However, he never tried to help or save either victim laying there. He didn't try to save Ana. Four minutes after shooting Ana, he called his Mom.

1716490848365.png

Oh good, they're back. Prosecution keeps nailing the fact that Ali texted and send the photo to his Dad and some Sammy Smith. Ali is scrambling to explain he was going to move in with Sammy that day and to let him know he wouldn't be coming to LA... He sent him the photo too!!!

His actions after the shootings were quite organized for just having executed a "crime of passion". He picked up his daughter at school and arranged to drop her off with family. Arguing now with Prosecution that he was not smiling picking up Amir. He just didn't want to scare her. He always describes himself as having honorable intentions. He's a great actor, but he can't erase over the brutal killings, and obviously he seemed to know what he was doing. Did it full of revenge and spite.

1716492319967.png Who is this woman? I love her. Everytime she gives her opinion on Ali she is right on. Not a "heat of passion. Please, what's her name? Marie something?

This prosecutor deserves a medal or five.
She's remained so calm, even while he goes off the rails with his over-explaining. Just answer the questions, sir.
ETA I didn't know that he'd told his young daughter when he picked her up. Oof.
IMO

Ali Abulaban picked up his daughter at school, arranged someplace to take her before he says he was going to turn himself in. Arranged while talking to family after he had shot two and fled the scene. He was going to drive an hour with his daughter, to his step-mother's brother's house to leave her in their care, before turning himself in. Sounds honorable, but Prosecution seems to be implying he was going to flee not turn himself in.​

His actions after the shootings were quite organized for just having executed a "crime of passion". He picked up his daughter at school and arranged to drop her off with family. Arguing now with Prosecution that he was not smiling picking up Amir. He just didn't want to scare her. He always describes himself as having honorable intentions. He's a great actor, but he can't erase over the brutal killings, and obviously he seemed to know what he was doing. Did it full of revenge and spite.

View attachment 505461 Who is this woman? I love her. Everytime she gives her opinion on Ali she is right on. Not a "heat of passion. Please, what's her name? Marie something?

This prosecutor deserves a medal or five.
She's remained so calm, even while he goes off the rails with his over-explaining. Just answer the questions, sir.
ETA I didn't know that he'd told his young daughter when he picked her up. Oof.
IMO
She's very good, she also knows how to rattle him. He likes to explain everything and she says "every time", and "always". he so badly wants to explain, and he can't. " answer the questions sir"

Ali is not going to flaunt how many times there were incidences of domestic violence. He only told the social worker he met with after the shootings, a Miss Lee, there was only one incidence. In court, he argues he wasn't going to flaunt the number. A lot. Says he can't even guess how many times.

Prosecution asks Ali, "You told inmate Brian Edwards that you 'killed your b i tch and the man she was with', didn't you? MOO, Ali is denying and arguing, acting combative.

MOO, he's revealing some stubborn nasty under his veneer. Has he shown actual remorse? I can't help but get the feeling he still feels righteous about killing the two, like he had no choice in his mind. His honor had been insulted. He couldn't handle the betrayal. Him, him, him... what's going on with HIM. It's a mind set that hasn't really changed.​

MOO, he's revealing some stubborn nasty under his veneer. Has he shown actual remorse? I can't help but get the feeling he still feels righteous about killing the two, like he had no choice in his mind. His honor had been insulted. He couldn't handle the betrayal. Him, him, him... what's going on with HIM. It's a mind set that hasn't really changed.​
Oh i think youre bang on, we sort of said that yesterday he wanted to show he felt he was provoked but that is directly linked to "His honor had been insulted. He couldn't handle the betrayal. Him, him, him... " do you think that the honor he expects is not just entitlement but also related to culture a bit, depends on how strongly of a role culture plays in your family maybe? forget that because what difference does it make?

Last edited:
Thats my worry, could he have? he said he held an entire bag of blow up to his nose while driving and snorted ( sort of like the tony Montana did in scarface)
Oh, I didn't hear about that. The prosecution didn't bring that up and I haven't watched the whole trial. The prosecution had a hard time keeping AA from adding a lot of info and editorial to his testifying. But I did read that AA became known for his Scarface impression.

Oh, I didn't hear about that. The prosecution didn't bring that up and I haven't watched the whole trial. The prosecution had a hard time keeping AA from adding a lot of info and editorial to his testifying. But I did read that AA became known for his Scarface impression.
its in the first part of his testimony with defense, Ill find it for you.

Ali is not going to flaunt how many times there were incidences of domestic violence. He only told the social worker he met with after the shootings, a Miss Lee, there was only one incidence. In court, he argues he wasn't going to flaunt the number. A lot. Says he can't even guess how many times.

Prosecution asks Ali, "You told inmate Brian Edwards that you 'killed your b i tch and the man she was with', didn't you? MOO, Ali is denying and arguing, acting combative.

I agree. Apparently as he was shooting or just after, AA yelled "Respect!" AA argued that too. "I didn't hear it." He had the prosecution play it for him and wanted it played again. Prosecutor said once is enough. I wouldn't think someone filled with remorse or horror would ever want to listen to that tape. Anything that shed him in a bad light, he didn't remember for sure. Sobs at times but zero tears today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back