GUILTY CA - Ana Abulaban, 29, and Rayburn Barron, 28, killed by TikTok'r husband, San Diego, 21 Oct 2021

its in the first part of his testimony with defense, Ill find it for you.
Thanks. I have no doubt that you're correct. I don't think the prosecution brought it up because it would have made him look less culpable, maybe.

Just my thoughts. This was Ali Abulaban's biggest acting audition. He wasn't coached by his defense attorney enough. He needed to take on the role of deep regret after the heat of passion has now subsided. He needed to admit to his wrong doings, but act remorseful, humbled by his regret he took two young lives.

Defense threw too much into it with the childhood trauma, the possible bipolar, the cocaine addiction, trying to blame the victim complaining of mixed messages. What is the actual defense excuses here? The whole point of his taking the stand was to support it was a crime of passion, but came across as a crime of revenge. Too much "woe is me defense" kind of forced Ali to talk about himself to the max. Ali seized it as some acting audition. I feel his attorney didn't stress the role he should play or Ali stubbornly thought he could act his way out of it playing the role his way. All MOO

Brian Edwards, an inmate, made three calls to his wife telling her about Ali telling him about how he killed "his b i tch and the guy she was with". Ali denied it, and I think there was question whether it had been in Discovery. Anyways, a legal courtroom debate occurred. Here's some screen shots of it happening.

Honorable Judge Jeffrey Fraser
1716497957825.png
Ali goes on attack to deny something Prosecution presented.
1716497931036.png
Prosecution
1716497982599.png
Defense
1716498002868.png

And then... request for mistrial??? It was denied.
Brian Edwards, an inmate, made three calls to his wife telling her about Ali telling him about how he killed "his b i tch and the guy she was with". Ali denied it, and I think there was question whether it had been in Discovery. Anyways, a legal courtroom debate occurred
The defense attorney was pissed at prosecution for bringing this up, a call which wasn't in evidence.

I feel like prosecution needs to tred lightly... they have enough evidence with the arrogance of Ali on display. No need to press him further, he already looks the fool.

I feel like it wasn't necessary to bring up a phone conversation between another inmate and HIS family to "prove" that Ali did it. Um, yeah. WE KNOW.

May 23, 2024 Ali Abulaban on the stand for the third day.

Some questions from Prosecution about his possessiveness of Ana, even after she made it clear she wanted to move on. MOO, it's Ali who gives the mixed messages about whether Ana had the right to move on and maybe be with another man. IMO, he still felt she was his.

That was the end of the Cross-Examination. Stand Tuned.
1716498591543.png

His Defense is up again, trying to clean up the act. Discussing an internet search Ali made for a Shawn Torres. He must've been Ana's old boyfriend. Ali says to Ana in a text-- "I don't think you ever loved me. I was just Shawn's rebound."
1716499289956.png

You can find all the videos of the trial on Court TV if you need to catch up.

...I feel like it wasn't necessary to bring up a phone conversation between another inmate and HIS family to "prove" that Ali did it. Um, yeah. WE KNOW.

Yes, but it was the way Ali told the inmate that he had "killed his b i tch" that shows his real lack of remorse after, his feeling so righteously justified doing it, and shows a peek into the real revengeful tough guy he really is. Ali wants to wear a mask on the stand, but Prosecution pulls it down so we can see underneath. (His b i tch like he owned her.)

Just me venting here some-- He didn't want to admit to slapping his own mother either. He wants to be free to act out of control, but then he wants to control what we see and perceive in him. MOO, Ali wants to control this whole trial just like he wanted to control Ana.

Now, back to his attorney coaxing him to tell us again about the mixed messages Ana gave him. Blaming Ana again. MOO, she was trying to save their marriage. They had a child together. She loved him and was willing to overlook his abuse, his cocaine use, his violent possessive controlling. They're blaming the victim. Ali shot and killed her and it doesn't matter if they both gave mixed messages as their marriage broke apart. Apart, they were not together anymore.

This is all MOO as I watch this trial I'm getting irritated by the poor me Ali defense.

Last edited:
The supposed cross messages on October 5,2021. The shootings took place on October 21, 2021

1716502504704.png1716502644418.png
1716502448226.png
1716502408407.png
1716502563210.png

Nothing is ever his fault. The coke he took is because he's "freaking out". He mentions that he might have had a "cooling off period" if they were in the bedroom.
You don’t think he could have cooled off ( as he thought) from the front door to the bedroom? :rolleyes:

I believe he planted the bag of cocaine in Ana's hand just to make her look bad. MOO. I find this defendant so manipulative and self serving.
I kind of thought the same thing While your friend just got shot in the head and your husband has a Glock pointed at you
Youre going to make sure you hang on to that 8 ball. Another :rolleyes:

Re-Direct going on now. Defense trying to blame Ana implying it was a crossed message that she didn't file. She didn't get a TRO Restraining Order. Why? Probably she knew it could only rile him up. Plus, she didn't think he would actually kill her. She wanted him to stop doing the drugs.

He mistakenly thought she did have a TRO filed. Did it stop him in any way from entering the apt.?

He didn't even find them having sex in the bedroom. He saw Ray and Ana on the couch. He shot them dead anyways. MOO, seems like that is what he set out to do. From everything he has said, it still seems like he set it in motion, setting up that recording app earlier, rushing over there when he heard them laughing. It was his decision to use that gun if he found them together.

Court TV coverage of the trial is now over for today.

animated-scales-image-0003.gif
You don't have to answer or make a definite decision, but if you've been watching this trial, you probably have some opinion. If you were a juror would you support Ali Abulaban getting reduced charges or a lighter sentence? Has his testimony swayed you?

If you're catching up, you can find the trial's proceedings in videos at this link below.
1716506277626.png

This is a video you may want to watch because it shows Prosecution poking to get a reaction from Ali, and he defends himself.
TikTok Star Ali Abulaban Argues With Prosecutor
Over Evidence
(One about searching teen p o r n sites he vehemently denies, and two about that inmate call-- both maybe not being included in the Discovery to be presented.)

Ali Abulaban told the prosecutor, "You're not going to paint me as something I'm not," after getting angry during a question about his search history. (5/23/24) MOO, I would not say he was angry so much as defensive of his rights. He wasn't out of control.
1716509284515.png
1716507917846.png1716508130554.png

Warning some are explicitly vulgar.
Ali was communicating with other women.

(Taking a page from Larry Millete, Ali thought maybe this Spiritualist he was communicating with could also help Ana and bring them together again. October 14th. conversation, calling her a goddess, but she was the Spiritualist that advised him "if he wanted to get to the next stage of your life, you got to let some things go."

1716506568309.png

Some pic with a lady he met in LA, he sent Ana to taunt he was moving on. 1716506784954.png

After he had been with another women, and was texting Ana, he sent her this:
1716507002155.png

This is from Sept. 21, 2021, but there were four separate occasions where Ali, sometimes in the middle of the night searching these sites. He says he never actually hired one. He was lonely, confused by Ana, not in the right frame of mind... the only thing he wanted to do was communicate with Ana, but he was kept in a confused state.​
1716507451101.png

Searching for a Listening Device.
1716507772580.png

:eek: 1716507839238.png

Last edited:
If you were a juror would you support Ali Abulaban getting reduced charges or a lighter sentence? Has his testimony swayed you?
Absolutely not. His "honestly" speaks volumes. He is set on different rules for him vs his wife and he gets caught on it. He doesn't even SEE how misogynistic he is. It's just in his nature and it's matter of fact. Especially when the female attorneys are talking to him, it's obvious. Boohoo, he had issues with making friends and building relationships with other men. Boohoo, his wife shoved him aside and didn't want to be with him but wanted to party with her girlfriends. Everything is an Ali Pity Party and he's a grown man, never grew up or matured. That itself isn't a crime but he chose to kill 2 people, in cold blood.

San Diego's local CBS News8 News and Video. Worth watching this recap. He stays in control, but argues and tells Prosecutor she's out of her mind and he's not going to tolerate this.

Ali Abulaban double murder trial | Defense rests, closing arguments expected Friday​

Author: Shannon Handy
May 23, 2024 / Updated: 5:21 PM PDT May 23, 2024

After watching the video of him testifying on the details of the murders, I came here to say…

The cringe is strong regarding how rehearsed he sounds. I eye rolled so much, I’m surprised they are not stuck.

Okay off I go to watch more.

Absolutely not. His "honestly" speaks volumes. He is set on different rules for him vs his wife and he gets caught on it. He doesn't even SEE how misogynistic he is. It's just in his nature and it's matter of fact. Especially when the female attorneys are talking to him, it's obvious. Boohoo, he had issues with making friends and building relationships with other men. Boohoo, his wife shoved him aside and didn't want to be with him but wanted to party with her girlfriends. Everything is an Ali Pity Party and he's a grown man, never grew up or matured. That itself isn't a crime but he chose to kill 2 people, in cold blood.
you know I started watching, beginning with his testimony with defense, had a little empathy for his life story, but the more you watch that changes.
Im behind, so I have some catching up to do.

had a little empathy for his life story, but the more you watch that changes
Dbm & edited completely

I don't buy his pity party and everyone's got a life story. If anything he had the luxury of becoming an "internet celebrity" (sorry, eyeroll), got kicked out of the military and learned nothing from it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back