CA - Anna Hernandez, 14, shot to death, San Diego, 16 Nov 2015 *Arrest*

Yes, Nelly has a thread here. I just subscribed to it. These two cases are terrifying!

ETA:
CA - Nelly Espinoza, 12, San Diego, 13 November 2015
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295466

:candle:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flyer for the 3rd victim has been posted on Nelly's thread. I've contacted the Mods to ask for a review regarding merging the threads as MSM continues to cover Anna & Nelly's cases together (and a 3rd victim only makes this case more complex).

Stay tuned.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it said that the third girl (Janneth Mendoza I assume) was found in Tijuana? Or did I misunderstand that? If she was found wouldn't she be able to shed some light on Nelly's whereabouts, at least?

Thanks Kimi. A single thread would be much better at this point. If the mod combines them now, it won't be as much work as waiting until later. :)

We're not going to merge the threads just yet. Let's see how the story develops. We can always merge later, but you can't un-merge. If it's too hard for one person to update both threads, then you guys might want to split it up.

Thanks.

Oops! Ummm...I knew she's 14, I was just checking to see if everyone else knew. Good job everyone. :cheers:

ETA - Sorry about the image. It shows on Tapatalk, but apparently not the full website. Grrr!

I repaired the image link, los. ;)

Police search for 2 runaway teens after friend’s murder
Posted 11:54 AM, November 25, 2015, by FOX 5 Digital Team

rmjK1wr.jpg

Janeth Mendoza, 16

One of her [Ana Hernandez] friends, 12-year-old Nelly Espinoza, ran away the same day, and Hastings said investigators were working to determine if there was correlation between the two. It was unclear if the two left their respective homes together.

Nelly has since called members of her family and said she was staying with another relative in northern Mexico and would flee again if anyone looked for her, according to the lieutenant.

[...]

Police also released a picture of 16-year-old Janeth Mendoza, another teen who was reported missing since October 28. She was last seen near the 3000 block of Webster Street. Mendoza is 5-feet, 5-inches tall, 160 pounds, has black hair and brown eyes. Police said she has a Charger bolt tattoo on her neck and “Bella” on her right forearm and “Perla” on her left.

sHocyn6.jpg

Nelly Espinoza, 12

Nelly was described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, 140 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. She was last seen near her home on Market Street near 29th Street, just yards from the ravine where Anna’s body was found.
San Diego investigators are working with Mexican authorities to trace the girls.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2015/nov/25/grant-hill-anna-hernandez-shooting-homicide/

SDPD: Friend of murdered girl likely in Mexico
By: 10News Digital Team
Posted: 11:15 AM, Nov 25, 2015
Updated: 53 mins ago

[...]

Twelve-year-old Nelly Espinoza, a friend of Hernandez who lives in an apartment complex near where Hernandez's body was found, was last seen on Nov. 13. However, she is considered a juvenile runaway, not a missing person.

San Diego police received information that Espinoza was with a family member in Northern Mexico. She reportedly spoke to her family in San Diego by phone and told them if they tried to look for her, she would run deeper into Mexico.

[...]

Hastings did not confirm if investigators believe there is a link between Hernandez’s murder and Espinoza.

How do they not know if they are being threatened to tell them that they are okay over the phone? I don't like them being written off as runaways.

How do they not know if they are being threatened to tell them that they are okay over the phone? I don't like them being written off as runaways.

Agreed. It's possible that they were witnesses to Anna's murder or have knowledge of it, and are being held by the killer in Mexico to prevent LE from solving the case. But that doesn't explain why they weren't killed too. I hope they are really runaways and there is no connection to Anna's case. But what are they running from? Their families must be frantic.

ETA: I see that the third girl, Janeth, has been missing since 10/28.

http://www.10news.com/news/san-diego-police-still-mum-on-murdered-girl-missing-friend

so the third girl went missing on the 28. is that related at all?

is it possible A. nelly has something to do w anna's murder or B. knows who did and is afraid of retaliation from them?

Agreed. It's possible that they were witnesses to Anna's murder or have knowledge of it, and are being held by the killer in Mexico to prevent LE from solving the case. But that doesn't explain why they weren't killed too. I hope they are really runaways and there is no connection to Anna's case. But what are they running from? Their families must be frantic.
Or, Anna and Nelly were witnesses to something that happened to Janeth.

Oct 28 -- Janeth Mendoza is last seen

Nov 13 -- Ana Hernandez last seen (found deceased Nov. 18)

Nov 13 -- Nelly Espinoza last seen

ETA: Correct me if I'm wrong, but from I've read, no one has heard from Janeth.

Or, Anna and Nelly were witnesses to something that happened to Janneth.

Oct 28 -- Janneth Mendoza is last seen

Nov 13 -- Ana Hernandez last seen (found deceased Nov. 18)

Nov 13 -- Nelly Espinoza last seen

That makes the most sense. I had missed the fact that Janeth was last seen 10/28 when I first posted. I've edited my post to reflect that. It sounds as if Nelly has run for her life, one way or another.

SDPD: Friend of murdered girl likely in Mexico
By: 10News Digital Team
Posted: 11:15 AM, Nov 25, 2015
Updated: One hour ago

[...]

In a Wednesday morning news conference, San Diego police Lt. Mike Hastings said that the body of Anna Hernandez was discovered in a canyon off the 2900 block of Market Street on Nov. 18 in Grant Hill, but she was not positively identified until Nov. 23.

The body was badly decomposed, and the San Diego Medical Examiner’ s autopsy determined she had sustained at least one gunshot wound to her upper body.

"Regarding Anna's homicide, the investigation continues including the processing of many items of evidence." Hastings said. "The homicide team has served search warrants and conducted many interviews in the last seven days."

(LE hasn't confirmed a link between Ana's murder and the disappearance of the other two girls.)

ETA: Here's the link to the missing girls' thread again. I've added their names to the tags in this thread. Clicking on either name will lead you to their thread.

CA - Nelly Espinoza (12), Janneth Mendoza (16), San Diego, 13 Nov/28 Oct 2015

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne