Still Missing CA - Aranda Briones, 16, missing after a night out with friends, Moreno Valley, 13 Jan 2019 *arrest*

Thanks for the update Seattle1! Much appreciated! :)

and we wait for justice for Aranda....
impatient1.gif

But to be fair - it is California - and her murder happened at the beginning of this year.

Thanks for the update Seattle1! Much appreciated! :)

and we wait for justice for Aranda....
impatient1.gif

But to be fair - it is California - and her murder happened at the beginning of this year.

What would it take for these murderers to provide a location for Aranda? I detest writing words like that. But, where are they with the evidence? Does the defense have any room to negotiate a plea of some type? And in what % of these crimes does this particular DA accept plea deals?

This behind the scenes stuff is enough to drive me to: Drink, but I don't. Smoke, already do that 1 pack/day. Sorry, don't mean to go off topic. It is true we know LE is all over this. As well as the DA. It's that quietness that drives some of these forums to overripe speculation. Human nature being what it is IMHO :)

Regardless of everything else, we just want justice for a forever-16 young woman. Still a child in my humble eyes. Such sadness to know that the world lost another gentle soul.

Okay, I realize I'm all over the place here tonight. Forgive my rambling soul.

No problem with your rambling Jim_M! And I agree!

I have no idea "what" kind of evidence the DA has unfortunately.

All I have in my notes is this from the 2/15/19 hearing:

The DA’s office said it filed a special circumstance that alleges the Shovers were lying-in-wait before killing Briones. A guilty verdict would make each eligible for the death penalty.

And since I don't have access to the Tulare County court site don't know "what" it says.

Maybe @Seattle1 - could tell us if there is anything there, eh? :)

And wanted to add - since it "might" be a death penalty case - offer a plea agreement where Aranda is - and take a LWOP sentence....
I was just thinking this last night- I so hope that they come to terms with the facts being against them and to give up- her family needs closure and healing won’t happen well until they can bring her home...

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up this week while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

Friday, Sept. 20th:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Aranda Briones (16) (Jan. 13, 2019, Moreno Valley, not found) - *Gary Anthony Shover (21) arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder & conspiracy to commit a crime. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Owen Skylar Shover (18) ex-bf arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
2/15/19 Update: Arraignment hearing continued to 3/1. The DA’s office said it filed a special circumstance that alleges the Shovers were lying-in-wait before killing Briones. A guilty verdict would make each eligible for the death penalty.
3/1/19 Update: Both plead not guilty. No bond for Owen. Next preliminary hearing on 3/28 for both. 3/28/19: Next Pretrial hearing for both on 4/12. 4/12/19: Hearing continued to 5/10 for both. 5/10/19: Hearings rescheduled for 6/21 for both.
6/21/19 Update: Hearings for both have been rescheduled to 8/16. 8/16/19: Defense asks for another continuance-granted. Next preliminary hearing on 9/20.

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up this week while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

Friday, Sept. 20th:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Aranda Briones (16) (Jan. 13, 2019, Moreno Valley, not found) - *Gary Anthony Shover (21) arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder & conspiracy to commit a crime. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Owen Skylar Shover (18) ex-bf arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
2/15/19 Update: Arraignment hearing continued to 3/1. The DA’s office said it filed a special circumstance that alleges the Shovers were lying-in-wait before killing Briones. A guilty verdict would make each eligible for the death penalty.
3/1/19 Update: Both plead not guilty. No bond for Owen. Next preliminary hearing on 3/28 for both. 3/28/19: Next Pretrial hearing for both on 4/12. 4/12/19: Hearing continued to 5/10 for both. 5/10/19: Hearings rescheduled for 6/21 for both.
6/21/19 Update: Hearings for both have been rescheduled to 8/16. 8/16/19: Defense asks for another continuance-granted. Next preliminary hearing on 9/20.
What a bunch of Barbarians!!!

R.I.P. Aranda Briones

No surprise here.

The Shovers had another opportunity today to start the preliminary process but defense requested another continuance for September 20, 2019 at the Hall of Justice Dept. 53 in Riverside at 8:30 am.

The Shovers can file as many continuances as the court will them!

The investigation continues but I'm afraid there's no pressure for anybody to talk.

I'll update again in September... :(

@Niner

The brother's settlement conference hearings of Aug 16 were both continued to Sept 20, 2016 -- which really means nothing as every hearing thus far has been continued.

I understand the defense may continue doing this as often as the court allows. I think the strategy is to remain silent as there is no body, and the brothers are not giving up any information-- including location of remains.

The brother's settlement conference hearings of Aug 16 were both continued to Sept 20, 2016 -- which really means nothing as every hearing thus far has been continued.

I understand the defense may continue doing this as often as the court allows. I think the strategy is to remain silent as there is no body, and the brothers are not giving up any information-- including location of remains.

Felony Settlement Conference (FSC) for the two Shover brothers continued to
Oct 25, 2019.

Both brothers are housed in separate jails, and they did make Sept appearance.

DA commented that there are 1800 pages of evidence, and 12 CD's of photos. Hope more will be shared at preliminary hearing -- still not scheduled....

Felony Settlement Conference (FSC) for the two Shover brothers continued to
Oct 25, 2019.

Both brothers are housed in separate jails, and they did make Sept appearance.

DA commented that there are 1800 pages of evidence, and 12 CD's of photos. Hope more will be shared at preliminary hearing -- still not scheduled....
and yet they don't know where she is? How upsetting for her family IMO

Friday, October 25th:
*Felony Settlement Hearing for both (@ am PT) – CA – Aranda Briones (16) (Jan. 13, 2019, Moreno Valley, not found) - *Gary Anthony Shover (21) arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder & conspiracy to commit a crime. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Owen Skylar Shover (18) ex-bf arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. 2/15/19 Update: Arraignment hearing continued to 3/1. The DA’s office said it filed a special circumstance that alleges the Shovers were lying-in-wait before killing Briones. A guilty verdict would make each eligible for the death penalty.
9/20/19 Update: Preliminary hearing was continued, but no date. Felony Settlement hearing for both on 10/25.

AT LAST -- PRELIMINARY HEARING DATE IS SET:

UPDATE 10/24/2019

January 13, 2019, 16 year old Aranda Briones from Moreno Valley, Ca went missing after hanging out with her friend Owen Shover.

On February 11, 2019 Owen Shover and his older brother Gary Shover were arrested at their home in Hespiria California and charged with the murder of Aranda Briones.

After six months of continuances, the case is finally moving forward.

The preliminary hearing is set for December 17th, 2019 - 8 AM.

We will find out what evidence they have against the Shover brothers on that day.

Preliminary hearing is set for December 17, 2019 at the Riverside County Hall of Justice Dept. 53, located in Down Town Riverside, Ca at 8:00 AM.

AB's body is still missing.

@Niner

Tuesday, December 17th:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (@ 8am PT) – CA – Aranda Briones (16) (Jan. 13, 2019, Moreno Valley, not found) - *Gary Anthony Shover (21) arrested (2/11/19), charged (2/15/19) & arraigned (3/1/19) with 2nd degree murder & conspiracy to commit a crime. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
9/20/19 Update: Preliminary hearing was continued, but no date. Felony Settlement hearing for both on 10/25.
10/25/19 Update: Preliminary hearing scheduled on 12/17 for both.

It does not say if the car was on fire when found. If it was or a very recent fire i doubt it's her.
i wish she would be found.

It does not say if the car was on fire when found. If it was or a very recent fire i doubt it's her.
i wish she would be found.
Ahhh nevermind. The article has been updated... there was nothing about a car when I posted that, it only said remains had been found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back