CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all of the husbands seemingly eccentric statements “kidnapped, taken to Vega because she was wearing a bikini and carrying a beer” the statement “We're missing you“ seems to throw up a Red Flag to me.

"She is the love of my life," he said. "Come home. We're missing you."

A distraught spouse would most likely use the words I’m missing you, as in the loss is very personal to him, his heart is breaking.
It seems like the words “We’re missing you” takes the personal part of her being gone away.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it sounds like he’s blaming her, almost like “I told her not to go out in a bikini with a beer. What do you expect?” I find that very strange. I would expect my spouse to feel more guilt, like “I shouldn’t have left her out of my sight. I should have been there to protect her.” (I’m not saying he is responsible for what happened to her if she walked out of sight, just that most spouses would feel like it was their fault even though it wasn’t)

Robert's wording bothers me too but its hard to say since we dont know him. Some of it appears strange esp when he says-- drop her off at a safe place where she can call us--- no questions asked. This is something you would say if it was stolen property or a pet. That's just how I see it. No offense to anyone. Things just seem a tad off. I just want to believe in Robert but I keep getting bad vibes. Prayers for Barbara. Omg how horrible for her and her kids and spouse if he is being forthright!

A distraught spouse would most likely use the words I’m missing you, as in the loss is very personal to him, his heart is breaking.
It seems like the words “We’re missing you” takes the personal part of her being gone away.

Yes, it sounds like he’s blaming her, almost like “I told her not to go out in a bikini with a beer. What do you expect?” I find that very strange. I would expect my spouse to feel more guilt, like “I shouldn’t have left her out of my sight. I should have been there to protect her.” (I’m not saying he is responsible for what happened to her if she walked out of sight, just that most spouses would feel like it was their fault even though it wasn’t)[/QUOTE]

It seems like the words “We’re missing you” takes the personal part of her being gone away.
[/QUOTE]
I took it like maybe their dog is missing her too. I do think my husband would include my dog in missing me. moo

"During the interview, Thomas said he realized his wife was missing when he stopped to take a picture of a rock formation and saw her rounding a corner.

"That’s the last I ever saw of her," he said."

That^^^ is really strange wording. He realized she was missing when he saw her rounding the corner? The reporter misspoke or the husband did. How could she be missing when he was looking at her?

Same interview -- print edition is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member