CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. They could have spent a lot more time over their walk than has been estimated.

As a Brit, may I clarify that? Dark beers, stout and what is known as "real ale" are normally sold on draught and not refrigerated. They are not "warm" though! They are chilled, so taste cool but not ice-cold.
However, lager and other light beers are always drunk cold unless one doesn't have the means to chill it either by refrigeration or ice. I would guess that it's likely to be that type of refreshing beer that Barbara was drinking.

If - and obviously this is speculation - Barbara had drunk beer, maybe more than one, it could have affected her, possibly in combination with the heat and perhaps other unknown factors, and she might have become confused. That would be an explanation, a reason for her getting lost.
It is not "blame".

Generally, I am uneasy about the concept of "victim blaming" being used to stifle discussion. Actions have consequences and it's not helpful to be in denial about it.
I agree- people often use victim blaming to stifle discussion

Victim blaming is when you imply the victim did something to deserve or invite a crime. Its very different than determining the root causes that led to the a person becoming a victim of a crime or of an accident.

For example: Drinking could lead an otherwise good driver to cause a horrible accident. There is clearly blame in that statement and I think a moral judgement is implied.

Alcohol could also lead an otherwise experienced hiker to miss a turn on a trail, forget where the camper was, or decide to climb up on some rocks they never would do otherwise. There is no blame, its causation. Alcohol can be a mitigating factor in the cause of the accident with no moral judgement implied.

Follow the money

a chunk of potential motive, i don't recall if it made it to the pub thread or not, but i know from my dad barb was the sole inheritor in my grandma's will.

according to my fathers estranged brother, barb inherited few million(s)? no confirmation on exact amount, but he made it sound like she was set for life after my grandma died. was the first hint i ever had that barb had substantial assets. she lived very modestly, imo.

also some potential insight into matthews mindset re barbs estate?

BBM

We are looking for a November meeting at the location.. Lets set a date and all go together..
Although you mentioned RT and selling scams.. Those initial TV reports of his missing wife and Interviews could be just that, a scam to draw all away from the actual location of Barbara. But I would like to try an independent search of Kelbaker rd and go from there..
I will use a drone for a search tool and I hope other will also..
Not sure if this area is in the actual Mojave National Preserve area but if it is Drones are illegal :( Just as a heads up

Not sure if this area is in the actual Mojave National Preserve area but if it is Drones are illegal :( Just as a heads up
I am checking into that as I have applied for a license to fly my drone and apparently all I have to do is ask for permission and state why I am doing it. I will find out for sure.

a chunk of potential motive, i don't recall if it made it to the pub thread or not, but i know from my dad barb was the sole inheritor in my grandma's will.

according to my fathers estranged brother, barb inherited few million(s)? no confirmation on exact amount, but he made it sound like she was set for life after my grandma died. was the first hint i ever had that barb had substantial assets. she lived very modestly, imo.

I wonder how much of BT's money was held in joint bank accounts with RT? If one spouse on a joint bank account disappears or dies, does the other spouse continue to have access to the money?

(I think my parents had a joint bank account which my mother was able to access after my father's death. That situation may have been simpler -- my father was known to have passed away, and he had willed everything to my mother.)

JMO

I wonder how much of BT's money was held in joint bank accounts with RT? If one spouse on a joint bank account disappears or dies, does the other spouse continue to have access to the money?

(I think my parents had a joint bank account which my mother was able to access after my father's death. That situation may have been simpler -- my father was known to have passed away, and he had willed everything to my mother.)

JMO
Wonder if this is as simple.....

Millions inherited...wow aye!

JMO
I believe if you have a joint account with another person, you can continue to access it if something happens to the other person. But you would need a death certificate to have the account put in your name alone.

This raises a lot of questions in my mind about how her assets were titled and managed. And of course what her will says.

"Looking at houses" , does not make someone a cold blooded murderer with an eye on his wife's inheritance.
Perhaps it depends on the Moderator ? The bulk of posts are focused on Barbara's spouse right now, and not in a good way. I'm baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce shark