CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and also we don't have an official written transcript of what he said to the police or anyone else. He may have been considerably more emotional and/or forthcoming with information than we know. The best version of his "statement" is from the VI's 2nd hand account of a phone conversation he had where the re-teller starts the whole story with "well, my memory is not the best..."

We have almost zero hard information about this case and yet we are still parsing the rumors as if they were facts.

Sure its weird she got lost in the seemingly open terrain but we also know that happens dozens of times a year in similar areas around the country.

I do not know why I first paid attention to this case. As a rule I never look for adults that are missing because of life. Adults are very unpredictable as to what motivates them. Is it accident, abduction/murder, or a change of life and she is living on Margarita island with a new boyfriend.. You just never know..
But I believe it was the RT Interviews I was watching that made me look further.. I am into research and I find one strange thing after another.. Before I know it I am on a mission to verify facts if I can find any at all.. LE has a job to do so they are silent. That is a Fact.

Call LE and they give me exact location of 5th wheel and where RT was standing. Fact.
I talk with family members both Here and other places. They give family history which is Fact.
I contact Kennel.. Get a Fact.
I go to the Location.. Find no evidence but I get Fact in my mind of what is possible.
I go the the Chevron.. LE has been there. Fact.
I talk with park Rangers.. They tell me how many independent people have searched.
It is not really fact but I do see evidence all over the desert of searchers. " They leave tags" Fact

Maybe this is why Robert and Barbara didn't take their dog on the trip.
I think that is a Fact.

jmho

I do not know why I first paid attention to this case. As a rule I never look for adults that are missing because of life. Adults are very unpredictable as to what motivates them. Is it accident, abduction/murder, or a change of life and she is living on Margarita island with a new boyfriend.. You just never know..
But I believe it was the RT Interviews I was watching that made me look further.. I am into research and I find one strange thing after another.. Before I know it I am on a mission to verify facts if I can find any at all.. LE has a job to do so they are silent. That is a Fact.

Call LE and they give me exact location of 5th wheel and where RT was standing. Fact.
I talk with family members both Here and other places. They give family history which is Fact.
I go to the Location.. Find no evidence but I get Fact in my mind of what is possible.
I talk with park Rangers.. They tell me how many independent people have searched.
It is not really fact but I do see evidence all over the desert of searchers. " They leave tags" Fact

I think that is a Fact.

jmho

What's a tag?

I think that is a Fact.

jmho
Thanks for doing all of this cazador.
When you visited the Chevron, did it make sense to you as to where the truck/RV were parked when RT went in to purchase ice? (I think it was 'across the road'??) Was there a place withIN that parking lot that may have also made sense, but which perhaps would have then meant the truck/TV would be captured on CCTV?

Thanks for doing all of this cazador.
When you visited the Chevron, did it make sense to you as to where the truck/RV were parked when RT went in to purchase ice? (I think it was 'across the road'??) Was there a place withIN that parking lot that may have also made sense, but which perhaps would have then meant the truck/TV would be captured on CCTV?

I was trying to figure out if anyone at the Chevron had seen BT..
He parked across the street in front of the motel and that had already been established. The person I talked with was not the person who sold the ice to RT and did not know much about the case..

Yellow .. Green ribbons tied to plants telling other searchers this area has been searched .. Very common.

I think there were photos/videos that show red or orange tags that were used by SAR in their search for BT. So are these yellow or green tags from individual searchers, presumably with SAR experience? Or groups of searchers? Very interesting...

ETA: This July post from @sroad includes two photos showing what he explained were SAR orange tags.
CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Last edited:
BT Accessing Bank A/c(s)?

@ChuckMaureen :) sbm
Did someone in a position to know as a fact, e.g., LE or RT (even our VI, dbdb11 would have info only second hand), publicly comment on this point one way or another? I don't recall hearing/reading but could have missed it. Or forgotten. Or something.

So, AFAWK, based on .....what, pls? {{{ETA: Sorry, if <--- that read as curt, did not mean to come across that way. Just looking for something concrete as basis for your opinion.}}}

There is no article or report indicating whether or not BT has accessed a bank account since she was reported missing.

I should have typed "AFAMOG" As Far As My Opinion Goes."

There is no article or report indicating whether or not BT has accessed a bank account since she was reported missing.
I should have typed "AFAMOG" As Far As My Opinion Goes."
@ChuckMaureen. :) Thanks for responding. As I said, could have missed announcement about it. Or forgotten.
I wonder when/how soon LE will make public stmt.
Maybe any day, but not putting $ on it. Hope I'm wrong.

Thx again.:cool:

To upload, I have just been doing 1-2 at a time, from off of my desktop (by using the "upload a file/insert thumbnail option". There seems to be a size limit per upload (not sure). I see as many as three at a time posted by others.

The one I want to see most is the place where RT says he last saw her.

Admin
Web Sleuth Wizards

I will need help with image upload.
Thank You
Once you have transferred the images to a computer, you can 'right click' on each image and select 'copy' from the dropdown menu, then in this thread 'right click' inside the comment or reply box and select "paste" from the dropdown menu.

That's how I've posted images here. You can do this same procedure for a handful of images (copy it and paste it inside the comment box), but I think there is a limit in terms of size.

Good luck, and thank you ever so much for going there and getting the lay of the land, and speaking with LE and others on Barbara's behalf.

MOO

Once you have transferred the images to a computer, you can 'right click' on each image and select 'copy' from the dropdown menu, then in this thread 'right click' inside the comment or reply box and select "paste" from the dropdown menu.

That's how I've posted images here. You can do this same procedure for a handful of images (copy it and paste it inside the comment box), but I think there is a limit in terms of size.

Good luck, and thank you ever so much for going there and getting the lay of the land, and speaking with LE and others on Barbara's behalf.

MOO

Thank You

I think they are to large in size, I will attempt to resize one when I get home and see it will load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname