CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading about how harsh the cacti are in that area and seeing the pictures, and seeing a lot of the brush in that area, I’m still not seeing a bikini clad woman walking it, unless she stayed strictly on the path or had a guaranteed clearing she could go on. Good thing she had on those boots! IMO

I went back out Sunday.. My wife dropped me off and she and Jet went touring the park.. Alone I put the phone down and worked the area for 6 hours very fast. I left knowing in my heart BT is not here at this location.. From so many places you can see clearly the Asphalt parking area and the telephone poles.. There is no way in the world she got lost in my opinion..
With that I am considering the options.. I am sure LE is also..
Many thanks cazador! In my opinion I feel she is not there and has been placed in another location, but where? Another case of misdirection. I think other possible locations need to be sleuthed and this area dismissed.JMO.

Oh one more thing.. I am out in the desert floor and I have My wife call out from various spots included is where we parked and I can hear her in most places.
The primitive camping area would not be accessible for the truck and 5th wheel. I think it would have had a hard time and possibly get stuck.
You can see the paved parking spot from where RT said he had last viewed Barbara. And you can see the paved parking from most positions with a few exceptions from the back near the mountain as it is higher then the road. Except when you are in the washout area then you are lower..

Kudos! Great job. Too bad that LEO hasn't used this evidence to query RT a bit more about his recollection.

I have hiked a lot in the desert in Utah, Nevada and Arizona. I wear jeans, boots, and a tshirt. No bikini. I can't even imagine hiking around in a bikini carrying a beer.

We had a "Teddy Bear" cactus in our yard in Vegas, I hated that thing, because pieces can chunk off, and blow around the yard. Toddlers are so "cute", first words my kids learned, "Don't touch cactus".

If anyone goes to Las Vegas, it is worth going to the cactus garden at Ethel M. Chocolate's in Henderson, beautiful cactus garden with paths. And you get a free chocolate. Yum! This time of year it is decorated with lights.

How did you feel being alone? Were you concerned for your safety or getting lost?
No I was not concerned at all. I was very comfortable and I never felt I could be in a position where I did not know where I was .. You can hear the traffic and tall vehicles like motorhomes are visible from almost all positions .. You can see the telephone poles ..
I did not encounter one other person walking around out there besides myself and my wife both Saturday and Sunday and there was a lot of traffic on Kelbaker rd both days.
There were many people who stopped at the asphalt pullout area on both days .. You can see that spot from most areas.

Go to post 296 Look at image rtrock2 and look out in the distance between the rocks. There is a motorhome parked in the asphalt area. Completely visible from where RT last had eyes on BT ... The dirt road leading back to the Hidden Hills turnout where the 5th wheel was parked is not a straight road. So you do lose sight of a person walking back to the road.

I had to cut my images down to 25 % to load them on Websleuths site. At full view the asphalt pullout is quite evident.

Last edited:
Go to post 296 Look at image rtrock2 and look out in the distance between the rocks. There is a motorhome parked in the asphalt area. Completely visible from where RT last had eyes on BT ... The dirt road leading back to the Hidden Hills turnout where the 5th wheel was parked is not a straight road. So you do lose sight of a person walking back to the road.

I had to cut my images down to 25 % to load them on Websleuths site. At full view the asphalt pullout is quite evident.
Amazing work, cazador. Thank you so much for doing this. It solidifies my opinion that BT did not get lost out there.

If your photos and descriptions haven't been added to the media thread, would you mind doing that? Otherwise, I'll try to get to it in the next couple of days.

Thanks again! :) MOO

Amazing work, cazador. Thank you so much for doing this. It solidifies my opinion that BT did not get lost out there.

If your photos and descriptions haven't been added to the media thread, would you mind doing that? Otherwise, I'll try to get to it in the next couple of days.

Thanks again! :) MOO

I do not trust myself..
Please do move them as you do keep us organized.
Thank You so much :)

@cazador

Super pics and text. Thx.

My biggest takeaway.

Re: your comments about sound carrying / ability to hear along the trail etc...

One of the big holes in someone's story is the lack of mentioning going into the vehicle in the parking area and honking the horn like crazy to catch the attention of a "wandering lost in the desert" BT. Waving arms hither and yon doesn't exactly have the same effect. You have removed any doubt - as if there was any doubt - this would have been a no-brainer.

bbm
@cazador

Super pics and text. Thx.

My biggest takeaway.

Re: your comments about sound carrying / ability to hear along the trail etc...

One of the big holes in someone's story is the lack of mentioning going into the vehicle in the parking area and honking the horn like crazy to catch the attention of a "wandering lost in the desert" BT. Waving arms hither and yon doesn't exactly have the same effect. You have removed any doubt - as if there was any doubt - this would have been a no-brainer.
Such an action never crossed my mind. Maybe it would have if I were a someone in search of a missing loved one seemingly lost in desert terrain.

@cazador

Wondering... if the traffic density experienced during your outing would have been enough to foil an abduction-in-progress, assuming the abduction was not instantaneous? Let's be generous, say 30-40 seconds for a perp to see a bikini-clad, beer-carrying woman (BCBCW) crossing the road, apply the brake, stop the vehicle in close proximity to the BCBCW, jump out, approach, grab, open a vehicle door, toss the BCBCW in to the vehicle through the opened door (being very careful not to spill the beer nor drop the container!), jump back in to the driver's seat and zoom off! If we assume more than one perp then we can change the "in to the driver's seat" step and include that perp's entry in to the vehicle along with his tossing the BCBCW in to the vehicle.

Would there be enough time between traffic spurts for someone to get away with abducting someone at that location (Kelbaker and Hidden Hill turnout)?

I promised a drone. I did purchase one, and I did practice and thought I had it down but this trip proved me wrong. When I first purchased it, one of my kids said Dad you are not a gamer ! I said why does that matter ? He said a gamer will have that drone down in a couple of hours But YOU are going on a learning curve !! I discounted that.. LOL Mistake..!! The drone was a disaster for me and I can give you some footage but not the whole road and back like I had planned.. I did have another person from SWARM who was supposed to show up that person is a perfectionist with drones. But that person could not make it at the last moment.. So I gave it a shot and before you know it, I am chasing a drone for 1/2 mile across the desert floor that is so high up I can not even see it anymore... I had to laugh when my sons words rang in my ear.. Lucky for me it ran out of battery and landed itself..
I might have to go back :) But I will load what I did on Youtube this evening after I get home.
There are other photos in my wife's phone and I will get those also..
Thank you so much for all your pics and your drone attempts, I think it is an amazing thing for you to have done and contribute.

@cazador

Wondering... if the traffic density experienced during your outing would have been enough to foil an abduction-in-progress, assuming the abduction was not instantaneous? Let's be generous, say 30-40 seconds for a perp to see a bikini-clad, beer-carrying woman (BCBCW) crossing the road, apply the brake, stop the vehicle in close proximity to the BCBCW, jump out, approach, grab, open a vehicle door, toss the BCBCW in to the vehicle through the opened door (being very careful not to spill the beer nor drop the container!), jump back in to the driver's seat and zoom off! If we assume more than one perp then we can change the "in to the driver's seat" step and include that perp's entry in to the vehicle along with his tossing the BCBCW in to the vehicle.

Would there be enough time between traffic spurts for someone to get away with abducting someone at that location (Kelbaker and Hidden Hill turnout)?

That is Hilarious ... BCBCW !! LOL

Anyways... Let just say it was prearranged ..... Just in theory

The kidnappers drive to the sight and they drive down Hidden Hills dirt road, turn around and find a quiet place to park.. They wait .. and wait...

RT pulls in and parks .. He and his beautiful innocent bride walk off into the distance to hunt for rocks and take interesting pictures .. When the time is right RT asks her to fetch him a sandwich from the 5th wheel while he takes a few more pictures. She says sure babe and runs back to get her man a sandwich..

Meanwhile the bad guys are waiting and they grab her before she enters the trailer, bring her to their car which is hidden and out of view of the main road, Tie BT up and place her in the trunk of their car and away they go .. Slowly driving down the road in who knows what direction ..

JMHO

Last edited:
That is Hilarious ... BCBCW !! LOL
Anyways... Let just say it was prearranged ..... Just in theory...JMHO
@cazador :) and @ChuckMaureen :) Maybe so, re your theories. Or could it have happened the way @rosesfromangels pictured it? (post & thread no. unknown) :cool:

"BT Thumbs a Ride?
Yes, the magical thinking side of me still believes Fabio picked Barb up on the way to a gig in Vegas. If only. : ( ' "

@cazador thank you so much. Living in a quaint English village surrounded by farmland it has been quite a stretch for me to visualise the scene! It looks so beautiful. I can see how someone might get momentarily "lost" but there are so many guides to help, the poles for instance. Also the carrying of sound is really v interesting.

I am not fishing for compliments but I want to say Thank You for all that have..

The purpose of going there was to give family members in Indiana and Hong Kong a look at the environment that Barbara went missing in. Because LE is silent, To verify facts if possible so as to help family to make decisions on how to move forward.

I am not a detective, Just trying to help in some small way.

Where is Barbara ? I would start looking in other possible locations because she is not at this one.

jmho

Google Maps

Highway 95 just past Needles off Highway 40 heading for Las Vegas as RT mentioned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members