Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bad omission that there is no indication of this though.

It's right on the map, lower right corner, above the +/- sign. There's a little compass.

However, the default of every google map (and 99.99% of all other maps) is that north is at the top.

You can decide to change that if you wish, by using the compass button.

Diagnosis of death by heat stroke is usually diagnosis of exclusion (no signs of any trauma). But sometimes, there is microscopic blood evidence still remaining that are not diagnostic but help assist in the heat stroke diagnosis.

Since it was 110° or so by 4 pm that afternoon, this fits the environmental evidence needed for the diagnosis (plus her age and her state of dress).

It all comes down to distance at this point. If she was within walking distance of where they were allegedly hiking (couple miles or so), then I’m comfortable with this being an unfortunate accident.

If we’re talking substantially more than that, then it’s a game changer.

Yep! Absolutely.

JMVHO.

11/29/2020 12:26:28 PM CR CR203340014 W911 NAT I 40 FWY E/ESSEX RD, ESX

That might be a good candidate ^^
Except that she was found on 11/27... Hmmmmm. ?
I wonder if anything would be recorded on call-log if remains were actually located by LE during routine area check?
I don't know but I sure hope we hear more about how and where she was found. MOO

That's possible.

What if the find was made on November 27 but not reported until the 29th? Maybe whoever found her told someone else (not LE) about it, and someone went out with them on the 29th and reported it? Depending on how old the person was who found the remains, they may not have realized they were human at the time. The 27th was Black Friday, so maybe that Sunday was the first time anyone decided to make time to check it out.

I'm so glad she's been found. I'm guessing she was on the north side of I-40 and east of where the truck and 5th wheel were parked. Pretty much what I thought was the case. Maybe she headed east on Hidden Hills Road and succumbed to heat and dehydration.

I'm looking forward to more details.

Barbara, may you rest in peace. My condolences to those who loved you.

It's right on the map, lower right corner, above the +/- sign. There's a little compass.
That's the location access button.
There are no directions marked on it. Usually there is something to distinguish north, even if it's just a larger arrow.
However, the default of every google map (and 99.99% of all other maps) is that north is at the top.
I know that, but some people may not.
You can decide to change that if you wish, by using the compass button.
How does that work? All it does for me is find my location.

Sounds promising, but it's for Nov 29th. Supervisor Jeff Lewison of the San Bernardino County Sheriff Coroner's Division said the body was found on Nov 27th.

That 11/29 posting would be for where the I-40 goes over Essex Road. I'm guessing I-40 E means it was near or under the eastbound lanes. W911 means a wireless 911 call. NAT means Necessary Action Taken.

I do wonder why the finding of the remains didn't make it into the call log, but as someone suggested, if they were found as part of some other LE action, maybe they wouldn't be mentioned? I don't know.

JMO

Excerpt from an observer's post during the search efforts:

I confirmed on Saturday with the Sheriff the precise location where the Thompsons had parked their 5th Wheel, the same location they had set up. I'll try posting Google Earth pics and pics of the environment if anyone is interested. It was NOT 20 miles north of I40 like the reports says and like the speculation on this thread and all over social media goes, (the media everywhere repeated or regurgitated this over 10 days without fact checking). The location is 6.3 miles north of the I-40 in a large turnout that can accommodate a Dually and 5th Wheel. There is a nonmotorized trail directly opposite of that turnout that leads to the closest rock formations which contain lots of nooks and crannies which you can see were searched by the SARS folks.

AZ - AZ - Barbara Thomas, 69, Timeline, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

Are you saying they were 6.3 miles north of I-40 off of Kelbaker Road? I don't see where Hidden Hills intersects there? Does it?

upload_2020-12-17_13-45-27.png

Sounds promising, but it's for Nov 29th. Supervisor Jeff Lewison of the San Bernardino County Sheriff Coroner's Division said the body was found on Nov 27th.

That 11/29 posting would be for where the I-40 goes over Essex Road. I'm guessing I-40 E means it was near or under the eastbound lanes. W911 means a wireless 911 call. NAT means Necessary Action Taken.

I do wonder why the finding of the remains didn't make it into the call log, but as someone suggested, if they were found as part of some other LE action, maybe they wouldn't be mentioned? I don't know.

JMO

Agreed. It was the only thing I could find that would be within the realm of reasonable. I haven't seen anything on the coroner's site confirm the article, so I figured the reporter may have accidentally transposed dates.

I'd also considered that maybe someone came across her while camping over the holiday weekend and then spent two days hiking out to I-40 for signal, but that's on the lowest end of the probability scale for me.

Essex Rd report is closest to the area BT last seen thus far (Kelbaker Rd) albeit the wrong date.

From the MOJ map, Essex Rd is still 22+ miles from Kelbaker Rd.

I recall that cell service was spotty on Kelbaker.

Perhaps 911 call record is nearest tower location.

https://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/upload/MOJAmap1.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member