Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know if they ever found that beer can/bottle.

According to the below additional bones and evidence was recovered. I assumed the evidence referred to actual items. Example: maybe clothing, maybe the reported beer can. I figured anything she might have been carrying in her hands was dropped along the way if she was not feeling well or lost. Was a single can recovered, not sure.

I have a feeling that LE won't release additional information to the public beyond the below. We might have to rely on a family member making a public statement for more detail. IMO

https://local.nixle.com/alert/8425388/

UPDATE – December 18, 2020
On November 27, 2020 two people were hiking in a field off Kelbaker Road when they discovered human remains. On November 28th a further search was conducted, and additional bones and evidence was recovered.
The remains have been positively identified as Barbara Thomas. The cause of death is pending.
No other details are available for release at this time.

I have a feeling that LE won't release additional information to the public beyond the below. We might have to rely on a family member making a public statement for more detail.

Yes. I would like to know if this was something that was going to happen anyway, like a heart attack or cerebral accident. Not just due to the heat but perhaps exacerbated by it. I wonder if Barbara was not feeling 100% at all that day. Hence she didn't seem to be her usual self at the kennels. She stayed in the truck instead of going into the shop to get the ice. She wanted to get back to the RV before Robert was ready. Of course even if they had been together when she was taken ill (if that's what happened), help might not have arrived in time to save her.
Just speculating.

Yes. I would like to know if this was something that was going to happen anyway, like a heart attack or cerebral accident. Not just due to the heat but perhaps exacerbated by it. I wonder if Barbara was not feeling 100% at all that day. Hence she didn't seem to be her usual self at the kennels. She stayed in the truck instead of going into the shop to get the ice. She wanted to get back to the RV before Robert was ready. Of course even if they had been together when she was taken ill (if that's what happened), help might not have arrived in time to save her.
Just speculating.

IMO, very good points. It's certainly another way to look at reported events that day.

The fact that she was so nearby and RT called it in is substantial. They searched 9 days for her in that area! They believed his story.
I basically conclude RT had nothing to do with BT's demise and I believe his story.
Obviously he was wanting to find her.
moo

The fact that she was so nearby and RT called it in is substantial. They searched 9 days for her in that area! They believed his story.
I basically conclude RT had nothing to do with BT's demise and I believe his story.
moo

I can't draw any conclusions without knowing where Barb's remains were actually recovered, and at a minimum, the preliminary manner of death -- if not the cause of death.

Barb could have been shot and buried and her body surfaced only after 18 months. Too many unknowns!

After three months, LE is yet to say no foul play suspected in BT's death. We've come to know the cause of death can take months, pending test results, but not so much for the manner of death.

LE has remained silent about every detail and I'm not comfortable with that at all.

As her husband, RT most likely knows where Barb was recovered, and the plans of investigators post notification.

I would think a prudent man, previously told he was the prime suspect in his wife's disappearance, would want to exonerate himself -- with the blessing of LE. Given she wasn't abducted as he told us, why not state my loving wife most likely had a medical event, and take this opportunity to thank the countless searchers that braved the desert looking for his wife?

Nope -- there are still too many unanswered questions here.

MOO

I would think a prudent man, previously told he was the prime suspect in his wife's disappearance, would want to exonerate himself -- with the blessing of LE.
Respectfully snipped for focused response.
Unfortunately families of missing and murdered are targets of fraud, threats, and more. For safety reasons, I think his approach is prudent.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
IMO, bones can still tell a story of a gun shot, stabbing (bones with nicks), blunt force trauma to the head, maybe even that neck/collar bone that shows evidence of strangulation. Or - there’s nothing...

Unless media keeps going after a statement, I don’t think we will hear any more from LE. IMO

<ModSnip>

As far as I know the only source for the story that she was drinking is coming from her husband.
No one else was there. He had the water. Did she walk away or did he? We don’t know if she was drinking a beer or not but I guess we do know that she didn’t have access to life-sustaining water. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
moo

I tend to agree but IMO we don’t know the COD - it could’ve been something that didn’t point to homicide so he wasn’t worried about them finding her (even if it was homicide)

also, do we know how long the bones were in that exact location ? I’m not saying it happened but IMO there is always a chance of the bones being moved after the search party left

I’m glad she’s found and hope they get some answers

I tend to agree but IMO we don’t know the COD - it could’ve been something that didn’t point to homicide so he wasn’t worried about them finding her (even if it was homicide)

That's what has bothered me all along. Hypothetically speaking, would we ever know whether a victim couldn't get to shelter & water because she was lost, or because she was intentionally denied/locked out (heaven forbid)? It's just a thought I can't seem to get out of my head.

<ModSnip>

As far as I know the only source for the story that she was drinking is coming from her husband.
No one else was there. He had the water. Did she walk away or did he? We don’t know if she was drinking a beer or not but I guess we do know that she didn’t have access to life-sustaining water. MOO
The VI confirmed that it was typical for Barbara to wear a bikini and drink beer while in the desert. We don't know for sure that she was drinking beer that day, but he did say that sounds like Barbara. Imo

Assuming the hikers did not disturb the bones when they happened upon them (I highly doubt they did/would), LE would be able to tell if the bones were naturally there, or moved. Meaning, if it wasn't where the victim died. Even bone trajectory paths by critters are obvious to an expert eye. I do believe when LE investigated the discovery of the bones, they absolutely looked at potential foul play and processed the scene accordingly. We just don't know the results of their findings other than BT was identified. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304