Found Deceased CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the map locations. You would take Kelbaker Road to National Trails Hwy, then jump on Amboy Road.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

All paved road until you reach Wilson. Looks like it runs on either side of Amboy Rd, with scattered houses on one side and wide open desert on the other. I'll bet the motorcycle rider was on the unimproved side of Amboy & Wilson.

This is great @Knox! Thank you so much. I wonder if this could be a possible...

Bullhead City to Wonder Valley to Kelbaker - see attached.

I can't remember exactly when they left Bullhead and when the caring/concerned husband called for help.

But getting ahead of myself... Good chance that this is not our Barbara, but maybe, just maybe, it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200728-004007_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20200728-004007_Maps.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 60
This is great @Knox! Thank you so much. I wonder if this could be a possible...

Bullhead City to Wonder Valley to Kelbaker - see attached.

I can't remember exactly when they left Bullhead and when the caring/concerned husband called for help.

But getting ahead of myself... Good chance that this is not our Barbara, but maybe, just maybe, it is.
bbm

They (or Barbara ?) dropped off Lexie, her dog around 8 am.
Someone (I think it was the member sroad ?) estimated the distance to the 'walking area' would have placed them around 10 am, give or take.
The 911 call came in at 3:26 pm.
For some reason, that time is burned into my brain.

There's many hours unaccounted for.
Imo.

Pretty specific as to where he thought BT may have been taken.

Not Barstow, not Arizona, not Los Angeles, not Mexico, not Hong Kong. But Las Vegas.

If he had said she got lost and aimlessly wandered about the desert. She would be found somewhere in that area, eventually. Right?

It did take YEARS to find Paul Miller and he wasn’t far from the heavily traveled trail.

Wow yes,. It felt like years. Thank you for the clarification. Still odd how close he was to such a heavily traveled trail and even dogs didn't find him.
It was VERY hot went the dogs looked for him, so hot that one of the dogs had severely burned paws and needed treatment. My understanding is that when conditions are hot and dry that scent is difficult to detect. This is based off of things I have read about tracking/SAR dogs, not any sort of training.

Since the Desert Star said the body was actually found on July 22, not 24 as the radio reports, this is probably the report, still to Morongo Basin substation.

7/22/2020 12:16:39 PM MB MB202040040 MBR2001223 DB RTF WILSON RD/AMBOY RD, WON

and then a follow up:

7/23/2020 7:28:36 AM MB MB202050010 FU NAT AMBOY RD/MARKS RD, WON

Amboy Rd/Wilson Rd & Amboy Rd/Marks Rd are only 1/2 mile apart, so I am guessing it's the same issue.

IMO, if those remains end up being BT, then I concede to foul play. IMO, there's no way she traveled that distance on foot.
While anything is possible, as proven by many improbable thread outcomes here on WS, I'm tending to lean away from the remains showing foul play. My reasoning is based on the info my friend, an ex-local to that area, gave me.
He portrayed the area as a "dumping grounds", but that most bodies were left in mine shafts...similar to the sad Erin Corwin murder.

I guess we'll see. I do agree that Barb did not hike 90 miles in that heat in a bikini with a beer. My theory on Barb's whereabouts hasn't changed.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member