CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
LaurieRaquel posted:“From what I understand, he searched for quite a while to even find her family members' phone numbers (I'm figuring since he had phones/computer confiscated).”

We’ve heard from our VI that his aunt has a landline phone, does LE take those, too, in cases like this?

In the days when we had a landline, phone numbers of frequently called persons were programmed in the phone for speed-dialing. Also, we kept a small telephone number/address book in which everyone’s info was handwritten down alphabetically on its pages.

I would think BT would have one of these by the landline phone that RT would have been able to find family phone numbers in. But, then again, it would be very plausible she didn’t keep it updated, so that numbers in there were not current.
In one of RT's interviews the landline was visible on a table. Not sure what day interview was done.

ETA Published 7/17

Last edited:
Hi again, thanks for continuing to pursue this! We still have no answers. From what I understand, he searched for quite a while to even find her family members' phone numbers (I'm figuring since he had phones/computer confiscated). He also didn't want to add chaos to an already difficult situation with her brother's failing health. I believe he was hoping she would be found quickly. @dbdb11 This is what I heard on my end...does that sound right to you?
Hi again, thanks for continuing to pursue this! We still have no answers. From what I understand, he searched for quite a while to even find her family members' phone numbers (I'm figuring since he had phones/computer confiscated). He also didn't want to add chaos to an already difficult situation with her brother's failing health. I believe he was hoping she would be found quickly. @dbdb11 This is what I heard on my end...does that sound right to you?
This makes me think all the more he had nothing to do with this.

By this time might we assume BT is not on the surface of immediately-relevant areas of the desert? A point: I don't imagine infrared cameras are very effective in extreme desert heat so I don't expect LE used them during initial aerial searches...?

Is LE able to determine which vehicles may have driven along that road during the relevant date/time? Service stations, restaurants in the general, broader area?

Last edited:
7/26/2019 4:55:53 AM CR CR192070002 FU NAT KELBAKER RD/HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

7/20/2019 8:01:40 PM CR CR192010024 INFO NAT 312** FENNER ST, ESX
This ^ one is interesting. I wonder if there is video from the Gas Station Fenner California | Diesel Gas Station Route 66 - Hi Sahara Oasis Inc ?

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department

BBM Would be on the way, about 35 min from destination at Kelbaker....

Google Maps

ETA: Open 24/7 great place for truckers.

BBM Would be on the way, about 35 min from destination at Kelbaker....

Google Maps

ETA: Open 24/7 great place for truckers.
Gas Station & Convenience Store
Pull over to re-energize and clean out those cobwebs at the Hi Sahara Oasis, Inc., rest stop and convenience store with gas and fuel in Essex, California. Open 24/7, we offer clean restrooms, convenient shopping, hot meals, and even safe sleeping areas for truckers and campers. As the only gas station on a 100-mile stretch of road between two cities, we truly are a desert oasis.

Restaurant
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner all day, every day, our specialties include homemade chicken kabob pita with Najah’s special sauce. We also serve a mouth-watering chicken and beef burrito and we never fail to receive compliments on our original burgers. Contact us today at (866) 721-7384 to learn more about our incredible menu. Take your meal outside and enjoy a scenic view of fountains and mountains.

Gas and Fuel
Don’t risk being stranded—fill up with fuel at the Hi Sahara Oasis gas station. We offer regular unleaded, premium, and are the only station within 100 miles that carries diesel.

Walking & Sleeping Areas
Whether walking the dog or catching a few hours of sleep, we offer more than five acres of land for to park, walk, or snooze. We are currently in the process of installing a dumping area for your added convenience.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Gas Station & Convenience Store
Pull over to re-energize and clean out those cobwebs at the Hi Sahara Oasis, Inc., rest stop and convenience store with gas and fuel in Essex, California. Open 24/7, we offer clean restrooms, convenient shopping, hot meals, and even safe sleeping areas for truckers and campers. As the only gas station on a 100-mile stretch of road between two cities, we truly are a desert oasis.

Restaurant
Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner all day, every day, our specialties include homemade chicken kabob pita with Najah’s special sauce. We also serve a mouth-watering chicken and beef burrito and we never fail to receive compliments on our original burgers. Contact us today at (866) 721-7384 to learn more about our incredible menu. Take your meal outside and enjoy a scenic view of fountains and mountains.

Gas and Fuel
Don’t risk being stranded—fill up with fuel at the Hi Sahara Oasis gas station. We offer regular unleaded, premium, and are the only station within 100 miles that carries diesel.

Walking & Sleeping Areas
Whether walking the dog or catching a few hours of sleep, we offer more than five acres of land for to park, walk, or snooze. We are currently in the process of installing a dumping area for your added convenience.

It must be a different world there.

Walking & Sleeping Areas
Whether walking the dog or catching a few hours of sleep, we offer more than five acres of land for to park, walk, or snooze. ”

If that was Florida that five acres would be a homeless camp in a day.

Well yeah. I don't think he would be that stupid...
kay
I hate to remind you!.....
how about chris watts unenrolling the kids from daycare BEFORE he 'knew' his family was missing.
someone in that predicament is extremely errational.
nothing would surprise me.

but as our verified insider has told us they (RT AND CO) were tying up loose ends and severing the trip to china in the announcement to them that she was missing.
how many red flags accumulating need to occur before something is obvious.??
( I mean LE not critical WB thinkers thinking outside thebox for clarity)
this info is disturbing.

This makes me think all the more he had nothing to do with this.
i hope so too, but i doubt it. there are a few scenarios i've played out where robbie is the hero and to avoid some as of yet unknown threat he helped barb escape danger by disappearing.
along that vein I can imagine a few alternative narratives.

laurie, can you tell us anything about Robbies past marriage? you will be verified soon i imagine.

I thought the husband had left a key to the RV under a rock?
If she returned to the RV wouldn't BT have used that key to go inside and cool off?

If she could locate that one rock among the many rocks, yes. But perhaps she was already a little disoriented, couldn’t find the key, headed back to where she thought RT was (but didn’t turn onto the spur trail).

-Snipped to reply to this content-

kay

but as our verified insider has told us they (RT AND CO) were tying up loose ends and severing the trip to china in the announcement to them that she was missing.
how many red flags accumulating need to occur before something is obvious.??
( I mean LE not critical WB thinkers thinking outside thebox for clarity)
this info is disturbing.

What is the red flag here? TIA

The info re: when son was notified by LE came from the VI.
so RT side of things has clarity of mind enough to be tying up loose ends and saving a buck by cancelling a flight Barbara won't be taking (even though he has no idea if she is dead or alive?? run off....) but doesn't make contact with Barbara's son to tell him his mothers missing.
disgusting. don't care if they had a poor dynamic. no excuse for that.

:eek: moo

-Snipped to reply to this content-

What is the red flag here? TIA
RT has no idea what happened to his wife according to RT.
including but not limited to maybe she ran off to go to china.
what gave him the authority to cancel it??

unless you know for sure she wont be taking that trip.....
which as I say.....how would he know this?

imo

so RT side of things has clarity of mind enough to be tying up loose ends and saving a buck by cancelling a flight Barbara won't be taking (even though he has no idea if she is dead or alive?? run off....) but doesn't make contact with Barbara's son to tell him his mothers missing.
disgusting. don't care if they had a poor dynamic. no excuse for that.

:eek: moo

Unless she had a refundable ticket, he wouldn’t be getting refunded anyway.

Only reason to cancel, is if money is tight and it was refundable.

Even then, I’m not sure I’d even think about that if my husband went missing.

MOO

When you say Rob and his family both, did they both notify your family on the 16th? Did they (rob and his family) say “we” cancelled the flights? Could that have been a slip and he was saying he and Barb cancelled? Or was it Rob and the other family member?

Edited typo

this is all in thread one and two.

rob called my family.
my family contacted me.
i tried to conact rob.
i got hold of rob's family in rob's house instead.
we spoke briefly. its possible the posts relating to this were deleted.
rob is busy reviewing photos with detectives at the time of my call, im told.
i did finally get hold of robbie two days later.
we spoke at length.
he has contacted my family since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members