CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite possible that we haven't heard any updates due to the fact that she went missing in California, but they live in Arizona. I am sure that it takes time to go through the proper procedures and paperwork to search the home in another state. Probably more difficult being as there was no indication of Foul Play?

Just my speculation
Based on other cases I've followed involving the SBCSO, I don't expect to hear anything unless information leads them to another search area, an arrest is made, or remains are located. They are as tight-lipped as they come. MOO
Thank you. I didnt realize we are on thread #4 as I thought this was the first thread. Gosh Im way behind then and I need to do a lot of reading to catch up.

Thanks for reply on this and informing me that there are more threads.

fyi for any newbies to WS. You can find links to the previous threads by going to the 1st page of this thread and the previous links are usually in the first post or two of Page 1.
Good to see you, Hatfield. Just FYI - the media thread is not linked in post #1 as you may expect to see. We do have one, though:

CA - AZ, Barbara Thomas,69,Timelind, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*
I would still really like to know when the last time another person saw her was, other than her husband.
Per our VI, she was seen on the neighbor's surveillance camera at 8:15 a.m. on the day she disappeared. MOO

I hate to point this out, but the way Robbie, Barbara's husband, has handled his approach to finding Barbara, makes me very uncomfortable as a family member.

In my opinion, he should have alerted the authorities of her disappearance, alerted her son of her disappearance, alerted my family of her disappearance. In that order. And not long after a search has yielded nothing we should've all been contacted... not four days later. In the case of Barb's son, Robbie did not even reach out.

If Robbie had reasonably reached out in a sincere effort to create OPEN COMMUNICATION between all of us who would want to help, coordinating his family and our family, the suspicions I harbour would be much harder to believe.

Instead we have seen a scripted publicity event. A public appeal to kidnappers to release Barbara unharmed. No questions asked. No charges.

With a lawyer I wonder if we will hear from Robbie again, even though he was so active those first few days. I hope that we do. And I hope that Robbie offers some more guidance on how we should all aid in his search for those kidnappers and for Barbara. Some further insight into what he is doing to look for her.

He claims there is someone, maybe more, who know where Barbara is. He lives very close to Las Vegas. I hope he is helping put up flyers if he truly believes she has been abducted by some perverts who lucked on a lone hiker in a bikini, and took her to Las Vegas or worse.

To complicate matters, Barb's son made some very strong accusations. No wonder Robbie didn't reach out to her son. They obviously don't get along. Still... if you were truly afraid your wife had been abducted by criminals, wouldn't you want some help? Don't you think Matt would want to help find his mother? Can Robbie explain why he didn't inform Matt?

It is the nature of her son's claims that has left the rest of us with the most questions.

I know Robbie has family on this forum and in other public groups discussing this, and I apologise that our families never had the time to meet and get to know one another. I feel terrible this is how we are being introduced. I did get to spend time with Robbie and Barbara together, and they made for a beautiful and loving pair. I always felt they were natural compliments.

I would like to make an appeal to Robbie's family to help explain the man better.

We all need to know more about both Barbara and Robbie to keep this valuable dialogue from descending into mere speculation.

I also hope that Barb's son Matt can speak to the media and share his perspective in a more reputable venue.

Perhaps then we can begin to discuss what motivations a kidnapper or kidnappers might have had in abducting Barbara, besides her wearing a bikini and holding a beer, stranded on a desert highway.

Also, does Robbie's family have any reason to believe Barb may have been distancing herself from their relationship? I know Robbie has had a few marriages and wonder if they all ended amicably?

I ask these questions in pursuit of one thing. Where is Barbara?

Thank you again to everyone who is helping in the search to find her.

Thanks, db!

Separate question, if you're able to answer:

Has LE contacted any of Barb's family members that you know of to ask questions/gather info from family, e.g., verifying the most recent dates/times family members spoke with her on the phone, inquiring about whether or not she had disclosed any relationship issues, health problems, financial struggles, etc?

Basically, just wondering whether or not LE has given your family any direct or indirect indication that they're considering possibilities other than her having gone lost in the desert.

JMO.
LE have given me no indication that they suspect Robbie, and besides the search having ended, they offered me no news on any further investigations. No law enforcement tried to contact me or my family before I reached out to them. Has not been easy to get hold of them, either. Have shared email correspondence, but it is just me asking if there is anything else I can do. They offer nothing. Tight lipped is an under statement. But we can read into what little they have said officially. And what they haven't said.
We are fully available to law enforcement on the case.

@dbdb11 Thank you for your reply, I think your comments say a lot about the situation, and i'm so sorry for all your family.

An abduction seems so far fetched for so many reasons.

Are you and the family able to find out more about Robbie's previous marriages and who his ex wives are. Might it be worth trying to get contact to perhaps gain a deeper understanding of the character of the man?

Based on other cases I've followed involving the SBCSO, I don't expect to hear anything unless information leads them to another search area, an arrest is made, or remains are located. They are as tight-lipped as they come. MOO

Good to see you, Hatfield. Just FYI - the media thread is not linked in post #1 as you may expect to see. We do have one, though:

CA - AZ, Barbara Thomas,69,Timelind, Media, Maps, *NO DISCUSSION*

Per our VI, she was seen on the neighbor's surveillance camera at 8:15 a.m. on the day she disappeared. MOO
Well that is good to know! It does help support the husband’s claim to a certain extent.

MOO

<modsnip: sleuthing family is not allowed>

He has a daughter who spoke on MSM after BT's disappearance saying that BT must have been abducted like her dad said, because that's the only thing that makes sense. The MSM link to the video is on the 1st thread.

Subsequently, she said her lawyer advised her to not allow her father to visit her at her house. That was also in MSM article upthread. That's all I've seen about any children and what has been heard from them (other than some SM / FB speculation which is not allowed here on WS). IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to point this out, but the way Robbie, Barbara's husband, has handled his approach to finding Barbara, makes me very uncomfortable as a family member.

In my opinion, he should have alerted the authorities of her disappearance, alerted her son of her disappearance, alerted my family of her disappearance. In that order. And not long after a search has yielded nothing we should've all been contacted... not four days later. In the case of Barb's son, Robbie did not even reach out.

If Robbie had reasonably reached out in a sincere effort to create OPEN COMMUNICATION between all of us who would want to help, coordinating his family and our family, the suspicions I harbour would be much harder to believe.

Instead we have seen a scripted publicity event. A public appeal to kidnappers to release Barbara unharmed. No questions asked. No charges.

With a lawyer I wonder if we will hear from Robbie again, even though he was so active those first few days. I hope that we do. And I hope that Robbie offers some more guidance on how we should all aid in his search for those kidnappers and for Barbara. Some further insight into what he is doing to look for her.

He claims there is someone, maybe more, who know where Barbara is. He lives very close to Las Vegas. I hope he is helping put up flyers if he truly believes she has been abducted by some perverts who lucked on a lone hiker in a bikini, and took her to Las Vegas or worse.

To complicate matters, Barb's son made some very strong accusations. No wonder Robbie didn't reach out to her son. They obviously don't get along. Still... if you were truly afraid your wife had been abducted by criminals, wouldn't you want some help? Don't you think Matt would want to help find his mother? Can Robbie explain why he didn't inform Matt?

It is the nature of her son's claims that has left the rest of us with the most questions.

I know Robbie has family on this forum and in other public groups discussing this, and I apologise that our families never had the time to meet and get to know one another. I feel terrible this is how we are being introduced. I did get to spend time with Robbie and Barbara together, and they made for a beautiful and loving pair. I always felt they were natural compliments.

I would like to make an appeal to Robbie's family to help explain the man better.

We all need to know more about both Barbara and Robbie to keep this valuable dialogue from descending into mere speculation.

I also hope that Barb's son Matt can speak to the media and share his perspective in a more reputable venue.

Perhaps then we can begin to discuss what motivations a kidnapper or kidnappers might have had in abducting Barbara, besides her wearing a bikini and holding a beer, stranded on a desert highway.

Also, does Robbie's family have any reason to believe Barb may have been distancing herself from their relationship? I know Robbie has had a few marriages and wonder if they all ended amicably?

I ask these questions in pursuit of one thing. Where is Barbara?

Thank you again to everyone who is helping in the search to find her.

I fully understand your feelings.
He should have done it that way, but maybe he didn't dare to, felt responsible somehow because he was focused on the rocks instead of on his partner. Initially he may have hoped she would be found alive and well, and when that did not happen he feared for her life and maybe that he would be judged, he after all was the man here.

Maybe if the family would contact him and offer moral support (which I think would be as speaking for itself as him contacting everyone in the very beginning about her being missing) they would learn more details of that day, about what may have happened.

I think there are many hikers, maybe people with drones, volunteers that may be willing to search for Barbara, at least I hope so, and that her case gets some coverage.

I fully understand your feelings.
He should have done it that way, but maybe he didn't dare to, felt responsible somehow because he was focused on the rocks instead of on his partner. Initially he may have hoped she would be found alive and well, and when that did not happen he feared for her life and maybe that he would be judged, he after all was the man here.

Maybe if the family would contact him and offer moral support (which I think would be as speaking for itself as him contacting everyone in the very beginning about her being missing) they would learn more details of that day, about what may have happened.

I think there are many hikers, maybe people with drones, volunteers that may be willing to search for Barbara, at least I hope so, and that her case gets some coverage.
Maybe he didn't dare. If he had fears that he would be judged, that might be only natural.

We all want to see the best in one another. On that I don't disagree with you.

dbdb11
Thank You

I have been involved in searching this area before. Detectives working this case will not say much. The coroner gets bodies all the time from the desert with no ID and they have to run tests to attempt an ID and in many cases they never do find out who the person is..

This particular missing person case makes no sense from the beginning in my opinion.
Time for a live rescue is gone.. A kidnap? I can not say no because we have actually seen it happen in past cases where some male holds a female or even females for a long period of time.
Did it happen this time ? In my humble opinion.. No, I do not think so..

The only thing we have left is finding a body or finding the truth.
Detectives need more and I do hope they are looking.
I may do my own ground search as we have done this before with a missing nurse in my area and had success in finding a body after search teams had already been there.

dbdb11
Thank You

I have been involved in searching this area before. Detectives working this case will not say much. The coroner gets bodies all the time from the desert with no ID and they have to run tests to attempt an ID and in many cases they never do find out who the person is..

This particular missing person case makes no sense from the beginning in my opinion.
Time for a live rescue is gone.. A kidnap? I can not say no because we have actually seen it happen in past cases where some male holds a female or even females for a long period of time.

I may do my own ground search as we have done this before with a missing nurse in my area and had success in finding a body.
Please do continue the search!
I am amazed at all the ppl on the ground in the community. Thank you all.

Maybe he didn't dare. If he had fears that he would be judged, that might be only natural.

We all want to see the best in one another. On that I don't disagree with you.

You know I also think he believes in the strange abduction story because he is in denial.
That is if he is not involved, which I initially believed he was but no more.

Have you considered speaking to the media?
Such a long time ago her case was covered on a TV channel.

You know I also think he believes in the strange abduction story because he is in denial.
That is if he is not involved, which I initially believed he was but no more.

Have you considered speaking to the media?
Such a long time ago her case was covered on a TV channel.
I'm interested to know what changed your outlook, if you would care to share.

dbdb11
Thank You

I may do my own ground search as we have done this before with a missing nurse in my area and had success in finding a body after search teams had already been there.

Wow, can you not form a group, maybe have some people with heat resistant drones, and do this, that would be fantastic.

I reached out to the reporter at Inside Edition today to ask it they were going to do a follow up on Barbara's case, but got an automated reply back that the reporter is away until August 5th.

I feel we need to ask MSM to follow up.

So many news agencies reported about her when she first went missing. Surely, they would want to do an update?

He believes she’s in Vegas, with possibly more than one person...another couple maybe?

I wonder were they followed out there? Maybe we should spend more time exploring the abduction theory after all....as Barbara is not in that desert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123