CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it not possible that she was wearing a shirt, shorts/jeans, then became a bit hot and took those articles off while hiking ?
Yes, in fact I think the VI said the neighbor said she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts in the morning.
She may have taken either one off before or during the hike, but I'm assuming before.
Otherwise they would have indicated she was carrying those items, I would think. Imo

Last edited:
That's certainly possible. ^^^

The very last people to have seen her besides RT would've been the employees at the dog kennel.
Doubt she had a bikini on to drop the dog off.
So what do they say she was wearing ?

I don't believe the dog kennel factors into LE timeline whatsoever.
The fact, if as posted that WS members were the first to contact them, should of given every one here pause.

I created that image. ;-)
Thanks! Great visual. @ChuckMaureen. It really puts it all in perspective!

I just can't see how RT lost sight of BT in 5-10 minutes on that trail unless she walked super fast. Perhaps someone was parked next to the RV and snatched her, but I cant figure out motive. Only motive I see is robbery.

BT - Visible to RT?
The brush out there does not seem as tall as Barbara.
I find it hard to believe she wouldn't have been seen by RT at some point. Or heard any calling out for her.
@charminglane :) Thanks for your post,
Agreeing w you ^ - seems BT was taller than most/all the flora/vegetation, so RT would have seen her. But per his stmt (sorry, no link), she disappeared around the corner. If accurate, she was out of his line of vision, at least then, for how long?

Is it possible BT had a med event (heat, drug reaction, etc.), in effect, passed out, down on ground, and not hearing for a little while, and not visible to RT?

Ok, I could entertain this ^ theory. What next? Did BT stand up, start walking, and in her disoriented state, then head across the road and beyond, waaaaaaaay off from RV. And out of hearing range from RT's calls/shouts? And this is how she disappeared out of area the SAR drew as the search area?

My prob w this is same prob ppl have w theory of some lucky dude driving along highway and spotting BT at the magic moment. And he had not just opportunity to abduct her, but also inclination to do so. It's such a short window of time for these unlikely events to occur after her ^ (hypothetical) med event. To occur in such close sequence. And to leave no evidence discernible to LE & SAR. Very unlikely imo.

Of the various events ^, imo a heat-related med event followed by foggy-brain wandering is least hinky part of theory. The other facets, well, long shots at best? I could be wrong.

I just can't see how RT lost sight of BT in 5-10 minutes on that trail unless she walked super fast. Perhaps someone was parked next to the RV and snatched her, but I cant figure out motive. Only motive I see is robbery.

If someone snatched her, why would the only motive be robbery? I just want to note for the record that older women can be victims of sexual crimes as well.

Ita.

I'd asked about her boots-- as if she was in a mine (hope not !) or somewhere in the desert... wouldn't the last items to decay be the boots and beer container ?
And there's animal predation.
If we knew what type of boots-- we could post a store ad of the same type and color.
The same with the beer container and her clothing.

It's been done before with missing people.
Why not this time ?
Since there's a place to park close to where they were, it's conceivable that other people would stop and look around also. Knowing exactly what she was wearing could alert people to be on the lookout for her belongings.

People leave stuff behind all the time - and we usually just walk on past it - so knowing for sure what she was wearing may help draw attention to an item if someone comes across something.

For instance, are there any identifiable markings on the hat she was wearing that day?

I don't believe the dog kennel factors into LE timeline whatsoever.
The fact, if as posted that WS members were the first to contact them, should of given every one here pause.
I've seen multiple posts about some unnamed WS member who interviewed a witness that works at a kennel.

I don't know if we have evidence that BT used a certain kennel or any kennel at all.

Where is all of this information coming from?

And if robbery were the motive, it would be weird.

Robbers steal, but they don’t typically take their victims with them.

BT - Visible to RT?

@charminglane :) Thanks for your post,
Agreeing w you ^ - seems BT was taller than most/all the flora/vegetation, so RT would have seen her. But per his stmt (sorry, no link), she disappeared around the corner. If accurate, she was out of his line of vision, at least then, for how long?

Is it possible BT had a med event (heat, drug reaction, etc.), in effect, passed out, down on ground, and not hearing for a little while, and not visible to RT?

Ok, I could entertain this ^ theory. What next? Did BT stand up, start walking, and in her disoriented state, then head across the road and beyond, waaaaaaaay off from RV. And out of hearing range from RT's calls/shouts? And this is how she disappeared out of area the SAR drew as the search area?

My prob w this is same prob ppl have w theory of some lucky dude driving along highway and spotting BT at the magic moment. And he had not just opportunity to abduct her, but also inclination to do so. It's such a short window of time for these unlikely events to occur after her ^ (hypothetical) med event. To occur in such close sequence. And to leave no evidence discernible to LE & SAR. Very unlikely imo.

Of the various events ^, imo a heat-related med event followed by foggy-brain wandering is least hinky part of theory. The other facets, well, long shots at best? I could be wrong.
I agree. When you look at the image created by @ChuckMaureen one can see that the trail is pretty clear, visible and straight forward. A 10 minute walk at 100 degrees shouldnt be too risky.

I've seen multiple posts about some unnamed WS member who interviewed a witness that works at a kennel.

I don't know if we have evidence that BT used a certain kennel or any kennel at all.

Where is all of this information coming from?
I don’t know but that doesn’t seem like reliable info to me. Hard to believe police wouldn’t have interviewed people she interacted with that morning.

Noted.

Clearing up speculation for those of you who felt she was never even there.

Respectfully, detectives would not share ANY information with me they did not want shared elsewhere. And they have not shared much of anything with me, besides the fact they believe she was there based on photographic evidence supplied by Robbie. <modsnip: offensive to other members>

With respect, not sure the Detective would want you to share this info with the public?

Your friend,
Roses

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
If the source for stating that the photo was taken in 2017 is the date on the metadata, that is not correct. That date relates to the device, not the photo.

I thought, though I may be wrong, that the VI had confirmed that the photo was taken on the day Barbara went missing. I don't mean in very recent posts, but earlier, so I may have misremembered.
i did not confirm we have any pics of barbara from july 12. I have been told LE do have picture showin barb on the 12th.

I don’t know but that doesn’t seem like reliable info to me. Hard to believe police wouldn’t have interviewed people she interacted with that morning.
*modsnip*. info is sound. police had not interviewed kennel staff by the time i had spoken to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
This side by side tells me that the picture with the red hat was probably made that day.

eynnhp23b4j.png

First pic being a very recent clear picture of Barbara, chosen because it represents her the best. Maybe also because of the flamingo blouse, perhaps she was wearing that blouse prior to wearing a bikini, she wears the blouse on a pic that to me seems 10 years old also, for wearing it in different pics over a 10 year time span, maybe it was her favorite and the one she was wearing that morning too. Who knows.
Second one, pic from that day.

Reason, Barbara is wearing the same earrings in both, while if you look at the pictures provided by VI, she changed earrings (and bikinis, and caps) all the time, different earrings in every picture.

You will have to watch closely since in the bikini pic you only see the light on the earring that gives away its specific form, due to the side by side you can conclude it being the same (they are not round but have a specific shape, I have a better close up of the earrings).

;An older picture of Barbara in the same bikini, possible, an older picture of Barbara wearing the same bikini and same cap, possible, an older picture of Barbara wearing the same bikini, same cap, in the desert in front of a rock formation, around the same time of day, wearing the same earrings as in her most recent picture, I think the likelyhood of that is maybe zero. IMO

Does anyone here on this board has two pictures of him/herself made years in between, wearing the exact same outfit, same jewelry, cap, posing on the same time of day in front of the same kind of background?

Last edited:
This side by side tells me that the picture with the red hat was probably made that day.

eynnhp23b4j.png

First pic being a very recent clear picture of Barbara, chosen because it represents her the best. Maybe also because of the flamingo blouse, perhaps she was wearing that blouse prior to wearing a bikini, she wears the blouse on a pic that to me seems 10 years old also, for wearing it in different pics over a 10 year time span, maybe it was her favorite and the one she was wearing that morning too. Who knows.
Second one, pic from that day.

Reason, Barbara is wearing the same earrings in both, while if you look at the pictures provided by VI, she changed earrings (and bikinis, and caps) all the time, different earrings in every picture.

You will have to watch closely since in the bikini pic you only see the light on the earring that gives away its specific form, due to the side by side you can conclude it being the same (they are not round but have a specific shape, I have a better close up of the earrings).

;An older picture of Barbara in the same bikini, possible, an older picture of Barbara wearing the same bikini and same cap, possible, an older picture of Barbara wearing the same bikini, same cap, in the desert in front of a rock formation, around the same time of day, wearing the same earrings as in her most recent picture, I think the likelyhood of that is maybe zero. IMO

Does anyone here on this board has two pictures of him/herself made years in between, wearing the exact same outfit, same jewelry, cap, posing on the same time of day in front of the same kind of background?
We can't know though, if it is the same bikini top, same cap, same earrings worn on the day she went missing, since we have not yet seen a pic which has been confirmed to have been taken on that day she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrskrash2012