CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to basics for me: What is the source of the original photograph? When or where was it posted first? Curious as to where & when it was originally shared.
I ask because I want to know if this was a photo provided by hubby or daughter in law or nephew or son or an old friend or did LE find it in the RV? A camera? was it pulled from somebody's social media?
Who was the very first reporter to share the photo? Who gave it to them? Was it included in a press brief from LE?

Perhaps there are multiple pictures of her that day ?
Perhaps LE had not at that exact moment in time, been able to verify the times of the photos that day ?
Perhaps other photos have her further in the distance ?
Perhaps there are. Perhaps they didn't. Perhaps they do.

My point is that it's extremely unusual for the bikini/hat/sunglasses photo to NOT be labeled as the last known photo (or one of the last known photos) if indeed, that is what it is.

It is also extremely unusual if there are photos which place Barbara there (and, by "there," I mean in the area RT described to LE) that they have not been released as such. Shouldn't matter whether she is in the distance or not.

I'm not saying the photos don't exist. I'm saying that based on every other case I've followed, I don't think I've seen this NOT happen if there is video footage or photos available. That's it, that's all. And, MOO.

One thing that has been niggling at me... It was said by our VI that during RT's phonecall to his family about BT disappearing, he started looking for her around noon. That would presumably mean she had disappeared *before* noon. The couple headed out from their home at 8:15am, as established by a neighbor's video footage. They traveled approx 100 miles. They went on a 'walk', as opposed to a hike, according to our VI. That would have the couple arriving to this destination around 10am or so. I'm not passing judgment here in any way as I have known many to do this from time to time. I just find it worth thinking about, and perhaps questioning whether BT was in the habit, or known to consume alcohol so early in the day, and especially as the couple had just stopped off to look at rock formations (according to reports), and were actually on their way to a camping/vacation destination.
BBM No, it was said that RT called 911 about noon.

There is actually a WS 'rule' that says if you can't link it, don't post it (something to that effect anyway!).

ETA: edit to add, 'unless you are a VI'.. as VI's are not required to provide links.
It hurts to take a step back when we ARE making progress. But i feel the need to clear this up for everyone...

based on the official missing persons report, the msm interviews from rob, the firsthand account rob relayed, and what police have stated, the only thing we can say for certain is that barbara WAS wearing SOMETHING on July 12th.

Beyond that we have two plus outfit options for the speculators.

Perhaps there are. Perhaps they didn't. Perhaps they do.

My point is that it's extremely unusual for the bikini/hat/sunglasses photo to NOT be labeled as the last known photo (or one of the last known photos) if indeed, that is what it is.

It is also extremely unusual if there are photos which place Barbara there (and, by "there," I mean in the area RT described to LE) that they have not been released as such. Shouldn't matter whether she is in the distance or not.

I'm not saying the photos don't exist. I'm saying that based on every other case I've followed, I don't think I've seen this NOT happen if there is video footage or photos available. That's it, that's all. And, MOO.

It does negate the fact that LE seemed to believe that she was there.
We do NOT need to know if it was the last one.
LE focus was on the search.

BBM No, it was said that RT called 911 about noon.
Okay, and IIRC, he had spent at least some time searching for her before he had made that call, correct? Which makes it even earlier then, when she went missing. But yet the arrival time couldn't change much, based on the number of miles/speed limits. It narrows down the timelines. Just niggles at me to wonder if she was known to do that so early in the day, just kind of throws up a red flag for me about the narrative.

Back to basics for me: What is the source of the original photograph? When or where was it posted first? Curious as to where & when it was originally shared.
I ask because I want to know if this was a photo provided by hubby or daughter in law or nephew or son or an old friend or did LE find it in the RV? A camera? was it pulled from somebody's social media?
Who was the very first reporter to share the photo? Who gave it to them? Was it included in a press brief from LE?
It was originally shared by SBCSO via Nixle Alert and then on Twitter. Stand by, and I'll track it down... MOO

ETA:

Deactivated Alert from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle
Friday July 12th, 2019 :: 09:14 p.m. PDT

SBCSD Colorado River Station on Twitter
An search is underway in the Mohave desert 20 miles north of I-40 & east of Kelbaker Rd. for a lost hiker http://nixle.us/B6B2S
12:16 AM - 13 Jul 2019

Okay, and IIRC, he had spent at least some time searching for her before he had made that call, correct? Which makes it even earlier then, when she went missing. But yet the arrival time couldn't change much, based on the number of miles/speed limits. It narrows down the timelines. Just niggles at me to wonder if she was known to do that so early in the day, just kind of throws up a red flag for me about the narrative.
Emph mine

The timeline 'niggles' at me, as well. Too much time unaccounted for .
Imo

I have faith that LE have a few theories of their own.

If I remember right, it really throws a wrench in the timeline. Per our VI, RT related he called 911 at noon. Per dispatch, he actually called 911 at 3:26 pm. Roughly 3 hours later. JMO.

ETA more like 3.5 hours later.

If I remember right, it really throws a wrench in the timeline. Per our VI, RT related he called 911 at noon. Per dispatch, he actually called 911 at 3:26 pm. Roughly 3 hours later. JMO.

Would that be After Noon ?
Or could that be Afternoon ?

It is little details like that when first told shocking news that most do not think to clarify at that moment in time.

Emph mine

The timeline 'niggles' at me, as well. Too much time unaccounted for .
Imo

I have faith that LE have a few theories of their own.
To me, the timeline also 'niggles' at me, but for a different reason. It all seems so super fast to me. I mean.. they arrive sometime after 10am, and according to what he told the VI's family, he called 911 at noon. In between then, they'd found a place to park, found a mutually agreeable place (presumably) to hide the key, gone for a walk to see rock formations, set up gear to take photos, taken photos, packed up the photog gear, RT had walked back to the RV to discover her missing, checked under the rock to see if key was still there, searched for her for x amount of time, then called 911 around noon. That is just sheer nasty luck to have met up with an abductor in such a tight timeframe (imo), but I suppose many cases are made of such alignments of the moon and the stars, etc.

That's correct if you believe the account RT gave to family. According to what SBCSO has shared, BT went missing about 2:30 p.m. I can only presume that is based on what RT told them since he was the last person to see her. ? MOO

It hurts to take a step back when we ARE making progress. But i feel the need to clear this up for everyone...

based on the official missing persons report, the msm interviews from rob, the firsthand account rob relayed, and what police have stated, the only thing we can say for certain is that barbara WAS wearing SOMETHING on July 12th.

Beyond that we have two plus outfit options for the speculators.
The media is capable of fleshing some of these things out if we can only get their attention and point out these inconsistencies. MOO

That's correct if you believe the account RT gave to family. According to what SBCSO has shared, BT went missing about 2:30 p.m. I can only presume that is based on what RT told them since he was the last person to see her. ? MOO
So two different accounts made by same person to two different entities. Makes it difficult to choose which to believe.

Can we clear this 12 noon issue up.

This I believe was conveyed to VI by his family in HK, but as about that time. It is a second-hand comment and is not verified, and again as far as I can recall RT did NOT state he phoned police at 12 as a fact.

Would that be After Noon ?
Or could that be Afternoon ?

It is little details like that when first told shocking news that most do not think to clarify at that moment in time.
Would it make sense to make that phonecall to BT's family to tell them he called 911 in the afternoon, or after noon? That seems much too undetailed to even bother saying anything. He seemed to be relating what had happened and giving a timeline. If he said 'at noon', or even 'around noon', there really isn't anything to think about clarifying, as that is specific.

Regarding what RT said to our VI's family about the timing of the 911 call, here's the text message that if I understand correctly @dbdb11 received from his sister, who had heard RT's account to her and other family member on speakerphone -- BBM, and I'll also quote the part that's the most relevant to our current discussion (though the rest is also interesting).

"by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911. police arrived like 2 hours later and searched for her"

hmmm i don’t have the sharpest memory but i’ll try to recount as best as i can - robbie and said he needs to talk to daddy and that barbara’s missing. it was a long story that started at the beginning on friday morning and progressed chronologically throughout the day. the impression robbie gave me was that she was wearing a red cap, a bikini and carrying a travel cup with beer in it. they lost sight of each other for 5-10 minutes before she “vanished” and he went back to their rv to see if she had returned but it was still locked so that meant she hadn’t come back yet (they had put the key under a rock which they both knew the location of). so he went back to check a shaded cave that they had found together earlier thinking she may have been taking a break from the heat but she wasn’t there either. he still wasn’t worried at this point because.. i don’t remember why he said he wasn’t yet worried. maybe because they both knew the area? or this was a regular thing? idk not sure but he continued searching for her on his own. by around noon time it was getting terribly hot so he started getting worried and called 911. police arrived like 2 hours later and searched for her. robbie said throughout the day they had sniff dogs, horses, hundreds of people and even a helicopter (which unfortunately couldn’t use its infrared function because it was too hot out to get any useful readings) and nobody could find any trace of her. searched throughout the night too. nothing. she had just disappeared. robbie admits “it doesn’t make any sense” that she just wandered off and got lost and there’s no evidence.. which is why he suspects she may have been picked up in a car. also because from the spot where she went missing she had to cross a highway in order to get back to where their rv was parked. also apparently she took a 360 picture that morning from on top of a hill and the photo included a parking lot with some vehicles in it so the police are looking into their license plates/info.

robbie said that he just wants barbara back and will press no charges against the person who abducted her so long as they return her. the call was delivered in a measured tone but he broke down a bit at this point, was tough to hear:( ..abc reached out? idk if it was abc but some mainstream news outlet and i definitely heard nancy grace mentioned. robbie’s done some interviews as he wants to get the word out. but he hasn’t seen or read any of the released news and comments. it’s too much

he said he keeps returning to the spot where he lost her and overturning rocks and searching and searching hoping to find something. he was there the day he called us although i think he said he shouldn’t really go back there as protocol says he’s the first suspect. he was even held for 5hrs in a cop car on the first day. it’s been nonstop and nobody is sleeping. robbie said he had held off on calling daddy to tell him the bad news because it was such devastating news and he was hoping she would turn up.. but he couldn’t wait any longer. he also said it’s difficult to call into china and said his calls rarely go through so if we want to ask any questions or talk more we should call him.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Last edited:
Incorrect info or info from outside sources is mistakenly posted, then reposted and errors amplify. I've been reading long enough to know that happens and not be too mystified by it. However, it is very confusing when someone repeatedly posts as though they have inside information but don't become VIs or answer questions about their info, so I'm alerting a mod so the VI process can hopefully start.

Who is the other VI, or potential VI? What is their connection or field of expertise? I seem to have missed some posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti